• Please log in to reply
1753 replies to this topic

Lancerlot

Lancerlot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I think there is a Memory Leak in the Driver for the Geforce 8600 GT. Is is a known issuse and are there ways to fix it. I have a M1530 with a T7500 and 4GB Ram.

luggi1

Haven't had any problems so far. What makes you think that there is a memory leak in the graphics driver?

luggi1

luggi1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am watching a HTML5 Video in Chrome and my Grahics Memory get sucked up by it. http://d.pr/G5hf

Lancerlot

Lancerlot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I am watching a HTML5 Video in Chrome and my Grahics Memory get sucked up by it. http://d.pr/G5hf

If you close that tab in Chrome or even Chrome itself, does that memory stay consumed or is it ever released back into the free memory pool?

luggi1

luggi1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No it stays so till i restart.

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
if you put the original trackpad of lion 10.7.3 into system library prefpanes and the modded one you find on kexts site (that with gesture ) you can have trackpad prefpane in 64 bit...I've also seen that if you make two taps on dock's finder and make a scroll down it give the menù like the right button...my two kexts are 50mb almost so I can upload them on this post...but if you want pref pan for trackpad on 64 bit this is the solution...I've taken the original one from macbook pro 2011 with lion installed on...if you know how upload my files without make new account on various site tell me so I will upload them....If I will have time I'll make them on kexts site...bye

treehuggerguy

treehuggerguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I recently got my hands on a friends old m1330 that we'd like to hackintosh. It has a t5550 and x3100 graphics. I've gotten almost everything working except for sleep. Following the posts here, I was able to edit the dsdt to get the monitor working and speed step enabled (at least as I understand it based on what's reported by IOexplorer). For some reason, patching for sleep with lid leads to KP on boot.

Also, it's reporting really high temperatures on the cpu. Immediately after boot it shows 50c and then goes up to around 72-73 at idle (via iStat and coolbook). It shows roughly 85 at load. The fan doesn't really kick in until it hits 81, and it doesn't feel tremendously hot to the touch like other laptops do when they hit those temps. Could this be false reporting or is it really that high due to to not enabling c-states? Linux reports temps of around 40-44c, which is about what I would expect. It does seem to run a little cooler, but it's not an extreme difference.

I have AHCIPortInjector, AppleACPIPS2Nub, BroadcomFix, Disabler, Ev0reboot, fakesmc, LegacyAppleRTC, LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage, Voodoo Battery, and VoodooPS2Controller in E/E. And I've put VoodooHCA and VoodooSDHC in S/L/E and deleted AppleHDA.

immo

immo

Insanely Looking for Time to Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

I recently got my hands on a friends old m1330 that we'd like to hackintosh. It has a t5550 and x3100 graphics. I've gotten almost everything working except for sleep. Following the posts here, I was able to edit the dsdt to get the monitor working and speed step enabled (at least as I understand it based on what's reported by IOexplorer). For some reason, patching for sleep with lid leads to KP on boot.

Also, it's reporting really high temperatures on the cpu. Immediately after boot it shows 50c and then goes up to around 72-73 at idle (via iStat and coolbook). It shows roughly 85 at load. The fan doesn't really kick in until it hits 81, and it doesn't feel tremendously hot to the touch like other laptops do when they hit those temps. Could this be false reporting or is it really that high due to to not enabling c-states? Linux reports temps of around 40-44c, which is about what I would expect. It does seem to run a little cooler, but it's not an extreme difference.

I have AHCIPortInjector, AppleACPIPS2Nub, BroadcomFix, Disabler, Ev0reboot, fakesmc, LegacyAppleRTC, LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage, Voodoo Battery, and VoodooPS2Controller in E/E. And I've put VoodooHCA and VoodooSDHC in S/L/E and deleted AppleHDA.

I suspect that your speed step is not working. You can confirm this with SMC Monitor. It will tell you in real time what your CPU frequency and temps are. Your CPU should drop to about 1/3rd of its frequency when idle.
The Kexts that you are using are very different from the ones I use. The guide lists all the ones I use and suggests smbios settings, and everything works on my machine including speed step and sleep, with the exception of C-states and HDMI. The DSDT is important as well. Unfortunately the guide only tells you how to make a DSDT for NVidia, but others have followed the guide with Intel in the past. If I recall it has to do with deleting certain video sections in the DSDT. C-states only come into play if your computer is idle for a very long time, so I don't think they are the reason for your high temps.

Immo

Ondrej Kapucian

Ondrej Kapucian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi,

I successfully updated to 10.7.3 from 10.7. by making new dsdt from first post (with fix for graphics) and now when I want to watch any 720p video it's not good (Movist play only half size continuously, VLC crashes), on 10.7 and 10.7.1 there was no problem. I have DELL XPS M1530 with Nvidia 8600T.

Thanks for help.

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
hi Darwin X, after I've upgraded to lion 10.7.4, first I had some problem to boot because it stopped with the message "pci configuration init" or something like this, then I've installed the IOPCIFamily and the boot finally ended succesfully. But now my bcm 94311 isn't recognized, and the boot is slow...can you upload your extra folder , the kexts for S/L/E , and tell what Chameleon version are you using...about the bcm, in system preference it tell me that it's off but in the bar say that no hardware is installed....I have to insert some id? and where? help please....damn upgrade was all perfect before....please help me

VMonHeros

VMonHeros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hi,

I've got the same issue "PCI configuration Init" on my XPS 1330 (with Nvidia). I solved also it by using the "compatible" Mountain Lion IOPCIFamily.kext that Netkas provided on his site (waiting for a better DSDT solution if someone found it ;)).

However, now I'm stuck after "DMOS has arrived"... Not possible to finish the 10.7.4 boot (I'm exactly at the same point in my tentative to install Mountain Lion). Imust admit that I'm a bit lost here...

Some ideas ?

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

hi Darwin X, after I've upgraded to lion 10.7.4, first I had some problem to boot because it stopped with the message "pci configuration init" or something like this, then I've installed the IOPCIFamily and the boot finally ended succesfully. But now my bcm 94311 isn't recognized, and the boot is slow...can you upload your extra folder , the kexts for S/L/E , and tell what Chameleon version are you using...about the bcm, in system preference it tell me that it's off but in the bar say that no hardware is installed....I have to insert some id? and where? help please....damn upgrade was all perfect before....please help me

The PCI configuration error during the boot up process is completely resolved with the regression to the AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5. Here is my current configuration:

Attached File  Dell XPS M1530 - 10.7.4.zip   3.05MB   273 downloads Attached File  AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5.zip   407.18KB   250 downloads

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
thank you so much, I have to use also the voodoo folder? and about my wireless do you have some idea? thank you really, now I will try...

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
well, wireless solved by kext from snowlwopard io80211Familiy.kext

VMonHeros

VMonHeros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I'm always stuck after "DMOS has arrived". 10 hours later, always at the same point so, it's not just a question of time :P. Nobody tried to install 10.7.4 on XPS 1330 (Nvidia model) ?

Note: I've got a look inside the info.plist of the NVDA50hal.kext, and there is some change with 10.7.3 (I look at the Mountain Lion one, but I'm quite sure that they did the same change in 10.7.4). So, it's possible that now our 8400GS is no recognized anymore. As Mountail Lion has no more VESA driver, it seems to be a good indication ;). I will keep you informed after my test (I create my Mountain Lion pen at present Time).

Note2: not right at least for 10.7.4. There is no change in the info.plist with 10.7.3. However, there is with Mountain Lion. I continue my test to create an install USB pen for it.

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

The PCI configuration error during the boot up process is completely resolved with the regression to the AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5. Here is my current configuration:

Attached File  Dell XPS M1530 - 10.7.4.zip   3.05MB   273 downloads Attached File  AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5.zip   407.18KB   250 downloads

Hi Dx,

For all it's I got mine working with AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.6 from Snow Leo 10.6.8.

Rgds

luigi

luigi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
How can I rebuild my kext Cache if i have my hard drive connected to another Mac with USB?

I have to revert to AppleACPIPlatform to boot up my Mac cause of the PCI Configuration Begin Error.

Thanks
luigi

xbb

xbb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
DarwinX, is sleep working for you?
My M1530 goes to sleep but then it doesn't wake, black screen. I have to force shutdown and when I boot up I have to reset the settings in the bios (would modded AppleRTC help in that case?)

luigi

luigi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok, Booting with UseKernelCache=No work but now I'm stuck on Resetting IOCatalogue.

How can I solve this??

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

How can I rebuild my kext Cache if i have my hard drive connected to another Mac with USB?

I have to revert to AppleACPIPlatform to boot up my Mac cause of the PCI Configuration Begin Error.

Thanks
luigi

The Repair Disk Permissions function of the DiskUtility.app rebuilds the kernelcache (prelinked kernel). Alternately, the KextWizard.app does the same.

DarwinX, is sleep working for you?
My M1530 goes to sleep but then it doesn't wake, black screen. I have to force shutdown and when I boot up I have to reset the settings in the bios (would modded AppleRTC help in that case?)

I have full sleep functionality with the AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5 regression, even without the AppleRTC.kext binary patch. I also have the darkwake=0 Kernel Flag in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

xbb

xbb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Thanks, I'll test with the darkwake flag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy