shouldnt be an issue.

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hi Guys,

Nice to see that this thread is still live.
I have two issues with my M1530 which I h've been meaning to ask about but never got around to it. So I would be gratefull for any any input:

1) Sound output clipping (Clicking noise on playback) - tried every VoodooHDA that I could find but nver had any luck with any of them.

2)The second issue which may be off-topic as it relates to Windows 7. This relates to the Bluetooth turning off after a while. This is a known issue with win 7 and could never find a solution to it. I have googled and tried loads of drivers but in vain. This is on Win 7 Ultimate (64 bit). I thought I'd ask whether anyone has a solution for these problems. Note that Bluetooth works perfectly for me on LION and SL. In windows, I usually have to turn the Hard switch off and then on to bring it back.

Cheers,

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Hi Guys,

Nice to see that this thread is still live.
I have two issues with my M1530 which I h've been meaning to ask about but never got around to it. So I would be gratefull for any any input:

1) Sound output clipping (Clicking noise on playback) - tried every VoodooHDA that I could find but nver had any luck with any of them.

Cheers,

To remedy this issue, in the VoodooHDA.kext's Info.plist, set Verctorize to true (yes) or simply use the properly edited VoodooHDA.kext. The same could also be achieved via the VoodooHDA.prefPane's Use SSE2 option. However, the latter solution is flawed as any VoodooHDA.prefPane changes revert to defaults upon system reboot.
VoodooHDA.kext v2.7.3
Attached File  VoodooHDA.zip   213.13KB   78 downloads

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

To remedy this issue, in the VoodooHDA.kext's Info.plist, set Verctorize to true (yes) or simply use the properly edited VoodooHDA.kext. The same could also be achieved via the VoodooHDA.prefPane's Use SSE2 option. However, the latter solution is flawed as any VoodooHDA.prefPane changes revert to defaults upon system reboot.

Attached File  VoodooHDA.zip   213.13KB   78 downloads

Hi Dx,

Many thanks for your input - I'll give that a go.
Any ideas on the Bluetooth issue ?

Have a good weekend.

Rgds.

Edit:
I was still on 2.7.2 and 'Vectorise' was set to false. However, I am now using your 2.7.3 and Prefpane. I know I can't go wrong as your M1530 is probably the best Specimen out there. My M1530 is of the same spec as your bar the screen resolution.

luggi

luggi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
@RN95
I think you meant the Audio Delay therefor this fix is quite good, tread of is 1-5% pro cent CPU usage: http://www.osxlatitu...-fix-voodoohda/ or this http://www.insanelym...howtopic=267905

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Hi Dx,

Many thanks for your input - I'll give that a go.
Any ideas on the Bluetooth issue ?

Have a good weekend.

Rgds.

Edit:
I was still on 2.7.2 and 'Vectorise' was set to false. However, I am now using your 2.7.3 and Prefpane. I know I can't go wrong as your M1530 is probably the best Specimen out there. My M1530 is of the same spec as your bar the screen resolution.

No problem. Since I no longer use Windows, I am unable to help you with your Windows Bluetooth issue. However, here is the kext which fully enables Apple's native Bluetooth functionality. I edited it to accomodate our specific Bluetooth hardware.

Attached File  CSRAppleBluetooth.kext.zip   4.61KB   44 downloads

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

@RN95
I think you meant the Audio Delay therefor this fix is quite good, tread of is 1-5% pro cent CPU usage: http://www.osxlatitu...-fix-voodoohda/ or this http://www.insanelym...howtopic=267905

I actually meant the crackling noise but thanks for the reference threads- They will come in handy.
Rgds

No problem. Since I no longer use Windows, I am unable to help you with your Windows Bluetooth issue. However, here is the kext which enables full native Bluetooth functionality. I edited it to accomodate our specific Bluetooth hardware.

Attached File  CSRAppleBluetooth.kext.zip   4.61KB   44 downloads

Hi Dx,
Thanks for the kext. I don't use Bluetooth to its full potential (just for a mighty mouse).
Ubfortunately, I still have some dependencies on Windows, hence the dual boot.

Have a good day,

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
theres a fix for bluetooth the firmware needs to be changed so it works "with xp" and other os like linux.. and osx :P
i use dellwireless 355 bt and it came from a vista pc and wouldnt work until i ran the dell file.
(if pc came with vista it wont activate. vista driver seems to handle some of the firmware functions xp doesnt)
i found a dell update to run in xp to reset that, i ran it in xp and blue light was on at post on next reboot.

bahh i just opened my inspiron 1520 and it seems i cracked lcd earlier today.. i got a spare lcd tho :P
damit it doesnt work its from HP almost same model LTN154x3-L0D works but i have L01 and L03 that dont work.
L01 almost works but shows split image and red
inspiron 6000 XD570 should work WSXGA+

darwin i havent done lion in a while.. in fact i think i wiped the hdd i had it in. i hear u can revert some of the kexts from .7.2

immo

immo

Insanely Looking for Time to Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
FYI I upgraded my M1330 to 10.7.3 using the combo update (reports of issues with the delta update even on real Macs). It was quite uneventful and seems to work as well as 10.7.2 as far as I can tell with no changes other than removing AppleHDA.

effatum

effatum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
just installed freshly from 10.7.3 aside from the applehda.kext i can say that everything works.

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
ML - DP1

Hi Guys,

No doubt that some of you have tried Mountain Lion Install. I'm in the process of doing it but stumbled on the old [PCI Config begin]. That is at install stage using Chameleon 1820 and USB Hard Drive.
Tried all the old tricks but no luck so far.

Any success on the M1530 out there ?

Cheers

Edit 1:

Ok - Got further and installing by booting with:

-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

ML - DP1

Hi Guys,

No doubt that some of you have tried Mountain Lion Install. I'm in the process of doing it but stumbled on the old [PCI Config begin]. That is at install stage using Chameleon 1820 and USB Hard Drive.

Cheers

Edit 1:

-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000

does your dsdt have
Device (PCI0)
_UID ???

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

does your dsdt have
Device (PCI0)
_UID ???

Hi LatinMcG,

Yes, Of course - Like I said I tried the usual culprits. It seems something to do with the Processor definitions. I completed the Install using:
-Extra Folder from Lion
-VoodooHDA 2.73
-FakeSMC 3.1.0
-Chameleon 1820

-it seems that most things are working but only if I boot with arch=i386. When trying to boot in 64bit, I get the dreaded [PCI Config...]
-Trackpad prefpane still has the same issue as Lion.

However, there doesn't seem to be much functionality in DP1.
I can't see the Mirroring function which I wanted to test. I used to run AirServer on Lion.

Cheers

Chatlink

Chatlink

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

just installed freshly from 10.7.3 aside from the applehda.kext i can say that everything works.

Did you do anything better compared to my guide?

ruslan61

ruslan61

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hi guys,
os x mountain lion 10.8 Explanation of setup are you going to i??

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Hi LatinMcG,

Yes, Of course - Like I said I tried the usual culprits. It seems something to do with the Processor definitions. I completed the Install using:
-Extra Folder from Lion
-VoodooHDA 2.73
-FakeSMC 3.1.0
-Chameleon 1820

-it seems that most things are working but only if I boot with arch=i386. When trying to boot in 64bit, I get the dreaded [PCI Config...]
-Trackpad prefpane still has the same issue as Lion.

However, there doesn't seem to be much functionality in DP1.
I can't see the Mirroring function which I wanted to test. I used to run AirServer on Lion.

Cheers

im clueless why i cant get 10.6.8 x3100 inspiron 1520 to work. 10.6.7 works with my dsdt with pci UID.. might have to do the kexts iopcifamilly switcharoo

i wonder if the pci acpi became more strict in 10.6.8+ ?
our pbtn is undermined by mbtn in dsdt. notice it has if greater than 0x20 osid and _UID but pbtn dont ? and also the _PWR 0x05

or the MCHC missing under PCI0 (like most pcs have)

how about that FDIS in offset 60 in LPC ? i havent found anything about it but i suspect its a dell thing .. LPC not initialized ?

many things are non standard so we have a mountain to climb.. but im not mountain climber!

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

how about that FDIS in offset 60 in LPC ? i havent found anything about it but i suspect its a dell thing .. LPC not initialized ?

many thinks are non standard so we have a mountain to climb.. but im not mountain climber!

Hi L,

It's early days - I played with a few things in the DSDT but ended up giving my M1530 and used the Spare hard drive to install ML in my Gigabyte G41M-ESL2 based Hackintosh. The install went very smoothly (using a cheap ATI HD 5460). Most of it works.

I'll have another go on the M1530 when DP2 is released. Various blogs mention that Apple is dropping support for older Graphics cards due to support for OpenGL 3.2 (not 4.1 yet, which Windows and Linux support already). This may explain why the M1530 works only with -i386 flag.

Meanwhile evaluation in progress,

Cheers,

effatum

effatum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Did you do anything better compared to my guide?

I went clean, cloned a vanilla install of lion with a couple of kexts...

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
FakeSMC HWSensors project by Slice, Mozodojo (Kozlek) and now OldNavi updated to 4.0 revision 570

FakeSMC (Project OS X) - Downloads HWSensors (InsanelyMac) HWSensors | Source/SVN | Assembla

SVN URL: http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/fakesmc/HWSensors4

The fully functional FakeSMC.kext with the appropriate hardware monitor sensor plugins for our systems.
System Firmware: MacBookPro5.1 - SMC Version: 1.33f8 (SMC 1.2) - Boot ROM: MBP51.007E.B05 (EFI 1.8)

Attached File  FakeSMC-4.0svn-r560 (SMC 1.33f8).zip   617.42KB   49 downloads - Revison 560 compiled with the Xcode 4.3

UPDATE - 03.08.2012

Attached File  FakeSMC-4.0svn-r570 (SMC 1.33f8).zip   1.23MB   87 downloads - Revison 570 compiled with the Xcode 4.3.1

Attached File  FakeSMC 4.0 - Rev 560 (HWMonitor 1.0.1) .png   29.93KB   106 downloadsAttached File  FakeSMC 4.0 - Rev 560 (iStat 3.18).png   22.47KB   115 downloads

ML - DP1

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Edit 1:

-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000

http://netkas.org/?p=1053

These of you who are stuck at [PCI Configuration begin/end] and npci=0×3000 doesnt help, you had to use 10.6.7 IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform
and can’t try Mountain [s]Dew[/s] Lion. Well, no more.
NETKAS
ported IOPCIFamily-115 kext to work with new AppleACPIPlatform.
So, you can use it and no need to replace AppleACPIPlatform with old one, a bit better then having to replace both.
Here is a link to a kext and sources -
http://rghost.ru/36725147
Also, here is version for Mountain Lion, which allowed my lappy to boot 10.8 -
http://rghost.ru/36725213
(both versions include fixes for ethernet and wifi on laptops lacking iomap addresses)

luggi1

luggi1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I think there is a Memory Leak in the Driver for the Geforce 8600 GT. Is is a known issuse and are there ways to fix it. I have a M1530 with a T7500 and 4GB Ram.

luggi1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy