[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

Your guide worked a treat, thanks! Only problem I'm having now is with sleep, even with darkwake=0 the system sleeps fine but doesn't wake back up (just blankscreens). Any debug information I can peruse to work out the issue?

Your guide worked a treat, thanks! Only problem I'm having now is with sleep, even with darkwake=0 the system sleeps fine but doesn't wake back up (just blankscreens). Any debug information I can peruse to work out the issue?

Glad to know it was helpful, as rough as it is. Did you set your hibernate mode to 0? It won't work on our machines otherwise.

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

FYI I upgraded to 10.8.1. I have not found any issues yet. The upgrade doesn't even touch the downgraded AppleACPIPlatform.kext so it "Just Works"™. I'll post if I find anything wrong.

Immo

Hey guys, does anyone know how to change my keyboard layout? I have updated my keyboard kext an now some signs are assigned to the wrong keys. E.g. the left key from "1" shows "<" (same as the left key from "Y"). I can't make this sign "/\". Cheers

Hey guys, does anyone know how to change my keyboard layout? I have updated my keyboard kext an now some signs are assigned to the wrong keys. E.g. the left key from "1" shows "<" (same as the left key from "Y"). I can't make this sign "/\". Cheers

Make sure to use the VoodooPS2.kext by Andy Vandijck patched by Brett Whinnen for our keyboards. Also make sure it is in System/Library/Extensions (won't work in Extra). Link is on the first post.

Immo

• Like 1

I'm tryng to install mountain lion but the installer always made error in the last 3 minutes....I followed some guides found on this thread and some others...I think my image is corrupted...anyway In those tutorials I've found, they replace the necessary kexts also into the installer and after the installation also into the installed system...It's necessary or you made a totally vanilla installation and then, before to boot the first time replaced the necessary kexts, dsdt and extra files only into the installed system? Also the installer need to be patched? I've patched the installer and It seems to works also if at the end I've the problem that I've said...or perhaps the problem is that I've patched the installer (replaced kexts also into the S/L/E of mac osx base system). It seems that every guide it's ok but they are very different

and the winner is......MEEEE!!! vanilla install except the acpi kext how I've read on immo signature, I've installed on usb HD and then replaced kexts from my lion mackintosh, installed extra,dsdt etc only on installed system ....trackpad is more fast but it's ok, temperatures are ok....seems a more reactive system....

• 2 weeks later...

Guys how is the performance of 8600M GT after the 10.8.1 Update ?

My Nvidia 8600 M GT (256MB) is giving low performance since 10.8.1 update, I patched AGPM and G states seems to be working but performance is still very low compared to 10.8.0 .

This is my Open GL results with 10.8.0 (Non patched AGPM)

post-269203-0-42252300-1347646167_thumb.png

This is my Open GL results with 10.8.1 (Patched AGPM) [slightly better results than 10.8.1 without patched AGPM]

post-269203-0-52703600-1347646185_thumb.png

This is my kernel Log right after Open GL Test

Sep 14 22:20:06 localhost kernel[0]: AGPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 0 from 0, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.
Sep 14 22:20:07 localhost kernel[0]: AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(1, 0): fHwPstate = 0 fFB = 0xffffff800c42a000
Sep 14 22:20:07 localhost kernel[0]: AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(): state = 1. Calling fFB->setAggressiveness()...
Sep 14 22:20:07 localhost kernel[0]: AGPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 1 from 0, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.
Sep 14 22:20:09 localhost kernel[0]: AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(2, 0): fHwPstate = 1 fFB = 0xffffff800c42a000
Sep 14 22:20:09 localhost kernel[0]: AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(): state = 2. Calling fFB->setAggressiveness()...
Sep 14 22:20:09 localhost kernel[0]: AGPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 2 from 1, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.

So, My G - States seem to work correct.

BTW, This is my patch in the AGPM,

<key>MacBookPro7,1</key>
<dict>
<key>LogControl</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Vendor10deDevice0407</key>
<dict>
<key>BoostPState</key>
<array>
<integer>0</integer>
<integer>1</integer>
<integer>2</integer>
<integer>3</integer>
</array>
<key>BoostTime</key>
<array>
<integer>3</integer>
<integer>3</integer>
<integer>3</integer>
<integer>3</integer>
</array>
<key>Heuristic</key>
<dict>
<key>ID</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IdleInterval</key>
<integer>250</integer>
<key>SensorOption</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>SensorSampleRate</key>
<integer>4</integer>
<key>TargetCount</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Threshold_High</key>
<array>
<integer>57</integer>
<integer>70</integer>
<integer>88</integer>
<integer>100</integer>
</array>
<key>Threshold_Low</key>
<array>
<integer>0</integer>
<integer>68</integer>
<integer>75</integer>
<integer>100</integer>
</array>
</dict>
<key>control-id</key>
<integer>17</integer>
</dict>
</dict>

P.S - Installed CUDA Drive 5.0.24, does not help in performance. Anyone else having same issues ? Those who have 8600m GT, please post your Open GL Benchmarks.

u using smbios.plist of MacBookPro7,1 ??

i wonder what is closest matching gstates in the AGPM kext.. maybe shift it to the proper smbios model besides the device id... and the control id

i wiped my inspiron 1520 and windowzed/Linuxed it.. for sale to relative.. still have desktop G31M-ES2L rev 1.

u using smbios.plist of MacBookPro7,1 ??

i wonder what is closest matching gstates in the AGPM kext.. maybe shift it to the proper smbios model besides the device id... and the control id

i wiped my inspiron 1520 and windowzed/Linuxed it.. for sale to relative.. still have desktop G31M-ES2L rev 1.

Actual closest SMBios should be MacBookPro 3,1 but it doesn't allow CPU throttling in my T7250 and AGPM doesn't have MBP 3,1 in it. Anything above MacBookPro 5,1 works for me. I chose MBP7,1 as everything was working fine except of course for LPC and Shutdown. In fact the first Open GL benchmark was taken with the same smbios and now I do not have any idea on how the Open GL scores went this low, also 10.8.1 have the same graphics kexts.

BTW, LatinMcG if you sold your 1520 you could have done with OSX right ? Surely would have added more value !!

I tried 10.8.2, no matter how many kexts I replaced, voodooHDA would kernel panic. Currently back to 10.8, although I am about to update to 10.8.1 since that apparently works.

EDIT:

I need to update my signature, I am running an XPS m1530 2.1 ghz proc, 8600 geforce, 4gb ram, tribooting with win7 and ubuntu.

I spoke too soon. System worked the first boot after install of the new voodooHDA ver 2.7.3 but subsequent reboots cause kp!!!

Currently, I've removed voodooHDA from SLE.

Audio works with legacy AppleHDA.kext from Snow Leopard (ver 1.7.4a1, see attached file from raimdal's post p57).

Just to update, I am running 10.8.2 now with the modified AppleHDA.kext. I did however have some issues on install, downloaded the combo update twice, but each time said install failed. Second time i went ahead an updated kexts and booted. About this mac says 10.8.2, so I think the install mostly completed. Facetime and iCloud definitely updated, asked for my password on boot.

Stripped out HDEF from the latest DSDTs and upgraded to 10.8.2. Worked with no KP using the same VoodooHDA I've always used just like LatinMcG said! I did have to downgrade AppleACPIPlatform.kext again. Attached are the most recent DSDTs with the HDEF stripped out. As always I cannot test the M1530 one so let me know if it works or not. Someday I will update the first post to acknowledge Mountain Lion exists...

Immo

EDIT: Removed the attachments from this post because they are now on the first post.

• Like 2

I can confirm that your DSDT works on M1530. Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback!

m1330 on m1530 ? pcie bus is in different address.

Don't worry LatinMcG. The M1530 DSDT I post was originally done by Brett Whinnen who owned an M1530, and I've been patching his DSDT with any new found patches at the same time I patch my M1330 one for a while now (your HDEF recommendation being the most recent). I just ask for feedback because I can't actually test it myself.

Immo