[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

No luck…

Also when it sleeps the only way I can wake it is by pressing the power button, then black screen again, i hear the system fan. Then after restarting it I have to reset the bios settings (also with AppleRTC).

So... No luck at present time. I first thought about some video regression for my "DMOS has arrived" infinite time, but it not seems to be video related. There is some change inside the info.plist, but for the best as more card might be recognized now.

So, I need to search elsewhere...

Did someone successfully installed 10.7.4 on an XPS 1330 ???

I tried booting in save mode (-x) an got Rebuild catalog B-tree. But after some time I got: "The volume [Name] was repaired successfully."

But after 7min I got Resetting IOCatalogue. And some random thinks like 2.4.0 m4fb7a02a

[Edit]

Ok after I repair permissions everything is working. Except the VoodooHDA from DarwinX. Is there anything special about it?

Ok after I repair permissions everything is working. Except the VoodooHDA from DarwinX. Is there anything special about it?

The VoodooHDA.kext might be conflicting with the AppleHDA.kext in your System/Library/Extensions/ directory.

Install the AppleHDADisabler.kext or delete the AppleHDA.kext.

AppleHDADisabler.kext.zip

Here is the latest and best available VoodooHDA.kext version 2.7.4:

VoodooHDA.kext v2.7.4.zip

I have done that but with your kext OS X boots Normal but with no Sound.

Change the audio output device to Speaker (Analog) or Line-out (Black Front) in the Sound preference pane of your System Preferences.

Hi,

Last news from XPS 1330. I succeeded in 10.7.4 installation (I need to force kext cache rebuild a second time to avoid waiting after "DMOS has arrived"), however there is some change from 10.7.3. aroun PCI and ACPI.

I tried first to change the IOPCIFAMILY with the one provided by Netkas for Mountain Lion (and I never had to do that previously). It works (no more infinite [PCI configuration begin]), however, APPLEACPIBatteryManager don't work anymore. No KP, nothing... It seems to be unable to provide information to the system (so, I'd got the battery icon with the "X" inside). So, there is some API change in the APPLEACPIPlatform !!!

So, I reverted it to the 1.3.5 version (the one provided by DarwinX), and my battery came back (and the boot is much faster inside ACPI detection).

Note: APPLEACPIPlateform is V1.4 in OSX 10.7.3 and V1.5 in OSX 10.7.4. I'd got no issue up to V1.4. It seems (from Netkas) that there is great change in Mountain Lion, change that are certainly back to Lion in this version (exactly like we saw in OSX 10.6.8).

• 2 weeks later...

The PCI configuration error during the boot up process is completely resolved with the regression to the AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5. Here is my current configuration:

Dell XPS M1530 - 10.7.4.zip AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5.zip

Thanks,

I installed a fresh copy of 10.7.4 using updated App Store Lion App and ###### . I had to modify the installation by using above AppleACPIPlatform.kext , thanks :)

I ran ########## as usual and after this I am not able to boot.

Using terminal I managed to copy other kext from above zip except Voodoo folder but in vain. My boot is getting stuck at

AppleYukon2 RomlessInit - getProperty Failed
AppleYukon2 RomlessInit - getProperty Failed

Not sure if its freezing because of the usual m1530 ramdom freeze or some kext mess up from ######. A little help with diagnosis :)

Also has anybody installed 10.7.4 fresh on M1530?

Im having a small problem while compiling my DSDT file. I am getting this error:

dsdtse.dsl 657: Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)

Error 4096 - ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_METHOD, expecting ',' or '}'

This is my code:

If (And (Local0, 0x02))

{

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.AGP.VID, 0x80)

}

If (And (Local0, 0x04))

{

CESM ()

}

If (And (Local0, 0x08)) <---------------- This is line 657 that its complaining.

{

Notify (\_PR.CPU0, 0x80)

Notify (\_PR.CPU1, 0x80)

}

}

OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x1030, One)

Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)

{

, 4,

SLPE, 1

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)

{

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))

{

Store (Zero, SLPE)

Sleep (0x10)

}

}

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am also attaching a copy of my DSDT.dsl file.

I was curious as to why the GTS method was not used as this was mentioned somewhere around page 17 or so a long time ago that it is a better method for shutdown for the XPS M1530?

Here is what I have now:

{
	Store (SMI (0x46, Zero), MIS1)
	SMI (0x8A, Arg0)
}
Method (_GTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
	{
		Store (Zero, SLPE)
		Sleep (0x10)
	}
}

Here is the most current on the first page:

{
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
	{
		Store (Zero, SLPE)
		Sleep (0x10)
	}
}

With the code I have I never have a problem with either restart or shutdown no matter what version of OSX either 10.6.8 or 10.7.3.

I have some other differences in my DSDT that Mald0n prepared versus some in the newest one released here. I will find them and ask accordingly.

I was curious as to why the GTS method was not used as this was mentioned somewhere around page 17 or so a long time ago that it is a better method for shutdown for the XPS M1530?

Here is what I have now:

With the code I have I never have a problem with either restart or shutdown no matter what version of OSX either 10.6.8 or 10.7.3.

I have some other differences in my DSDT that Mald0n prepared versus some in the newest one released here. I will find them and ask accordingly.

Thanks for pointing this out. FYI you've copied only half of the patch on the first page, just as a caution to anyone reading it instead of the front page. I have never been able to shut down correctly on my M1330, and restart rarely works. I wonder if this solution may work better... I'll try it out and post back how it goes when I can find the time.

Thanks for pointing this out. FYI you've copied only half of the patch on the first page, just as a caution to anyone reading it instead of the front page. I have never been able to shut down correctly on my M1330, and restart rarely works. I wonder if this solution may work better... I'll try it out and post back how it goes when I can find the time.

it doesnt work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi man, I would ask to you if you have line in switch...in prefereces you can chose mic or line in? I see only mic....woks the internal and the external but it's always a mic, not a line in....when I used winzozz I chosed how use it....you have it in osx?

Hi man, I would ask to you if you have line in switch...in prefereces you can chose mic or line in? I see only mic....woks the internal and the external but it's always a mic, not a line in....when I used winzozz I chosed how use it....you have it in osx?

post-185231-0-16566300-1339356453_thumb.png

thank you,,,it's the same I have....I have another kext that give me only the line in and the voodoo that you use that give me the mic....I don't know how the switch works but I don't think it's so simply resolve this ....well the mic works great and I can record my guitar the same but if you want use vst amp emulations (amplitube, guitarrig etc...) there is always a bad quality...only direct recording are ok because the preamp is into my external guitar efx...not so bad but not the best...one friend of mine has a pc (4core...damn...) that have a working line in ..it's really better for the musicians..

thank you,,,it's the same I have....I have another kext that give me only the line in and the voodoo that you use that give me the mic....I don't know how the switch works but I don't think it's so simply resolve this ....well the mic works great and I can record my guitar the same but if you want use vst amp emulations (amplitube, guitarrig etc...) there is always a bad quality...only direct recording are ok because the preamp is into my external guitar efx...not so bad but not the best...one friend of mine has a pc (4core...damn...) that have a working line in ..it's really better for the musicians..

I'm not a musician and I know nothing of the sound technology, but I do know that the VoodooHDA.kext version 2.7.4 is the latest and best available OS X hack sound solution for our hardware.

VoodooHDA Forum: http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=355

VoodooHDA Project: http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/

VoodooHDA.kext v2.7.4.zipVoodooHDA.prefPane v1.1.zipVoodooHDA-2.7.3.pkg.zip

I know, but on the Dell community forums someone said that the mic input could actually switch between mic and stereo line-in but it sounded as though this capability was only available with Windows software. Does anyone know how to flip this capability in OSX ?

actually we have voodoo hda (that from the upper post from MR. DarwinX ---always thanks for all yours helps) with:

output speaker, line out,digital out

input mic working (also the built in)

and

here we are applehda (I've founded it somewhere, it's not mine and I don't know who did it) with:

output speaker, line out, digital out

input line in working (the mic doesn't work, no one)

someone of you knows as to make a fusion of this informations and create a better driver for stac9228 audio chip? well, the two kexts can works alternatively (if you use the hack to rec music you can use applehda for bigger audio signal such as preamplificated signal (guitar amp; preamp mic; mixer etc with no Larsen effect created by a mic---so more noiseless; or you can use voodoohda if you use mic for chat, skype etc);

In the real use, when I rec the guitar, also the mic if well setted works great but I use a pedal board tha works also whit less volumes, teorically the difference is when you use a vst that process your sound and the input come from the mic (ex: connect the guitar in the mic) that is not good for a big signal....or also imagine to connect an Marshall or mesaboogie amp into the mic line: impossible!!!

Of course the m1530 make is job well with the voodoo but if someone of you know how to make something better help us.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

ooppss sorry for my english I writed with some errors I hope it's not a problem for you

If I use voodoohda I see what DarwinX see...If I use AppleHDA the input is different how you can see (the language is italian but you can see the same)

post-297597-0-46725600-1339513149_thumb.png