[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

MB41_SSDT.zip

SSDT from a MB4,1. Haven't found the DSDT yet.

MB41_SSDT.zip

DSDT and some SSDT from the MBP4,1.

Also what does your battery status say next to Condition? I've made a change to the DSDT and mine now says Replace Soon, I am sure it used to say Service Battery...

Cheers

Brett

Hi Brett,

Both attachments are the same? Do you have the SSDTs from a MacBookPro4,1.

Cheers,

AB

I have a sneaking suspicion that the shutdown fix is not (a) fully operational (deathstar).

I haven't tested this empirically but on two occasions I shutdown my m1530 and left it unplugged and was later surprised at how drained the battery was when I turned it back on.

Trouble is, I'm not sure how much the battery was charged before shutdown on each of the occasions. I normally leave it plugged in but I know that the connector is so loose that sometimes it appears to be physically plugged in but isn't actually charging.

Anyone else have any observations? Obviously this is easy enough to test so I'm sure I'll get around to it.

I always shut off my power strip which powers my computers over night. When I start my notebook the next day the battery is fully loaded. So I think it really shuts down with that hack. Maybe some cells of your battery are defect.

@ immo and everyone,

been reading this thread and trying to edit my dsdt to get sleep to work on my m1530 (T5250) with 8600GT, but get errors and system won't boot. Bret's latest dsdt with shutdown works, except for sleep. :(

kexts used in extra/extensions are minimal as suggested. removed applehda in s/l/e and have voodoohda installed for sound.

would love it if someone could help me edit the attached dsdt.dsl file properly to get sleep working. the file was generated with dsdtse.

thanks in advance.

dsdt.dsl.zip

post-610944-1272606795_thumb.png

@ immo and everyone,

been reading this thread and trying to edit my dsdt to get sleep to work on my m1530 (T5250) with 8600GT, but get errors and system won't boot. Bret's latest dsdt with shutdown works, except for sleep. :(

kexts used in extra/extensions are minimal as suggested. removed applehda in s/l/e and have voodoohda installed for sound.

would love it if someone could help me edit the attached dsdt.dsl file properly to get sleep working. the file was generated with dsdtse.

thanks in advance.

Bretts DSDT.aml does allow sleep, i would guess you're problem is associated with a kext. Do you have any NullCPUPowermanagement kexts or the like loaded in your system?

--

AB

Has anybody issue with the M1330 Sleep when closing the Lid? The Laptop goes to sleep and wakes up after sleep, but I cannot start any programs, shutdown or do anything else. When I am shuting it down holding the power button. The SL does not start up. I can fix it by using SuperHAIs boot CD and doing an fsck_hfs on the EFI partition, then I can boot normally.

Sleep is working perfectly well, when I have the Lid open and use the option from the Apple Menu. Are this different sleep states or why could I have this problem?

Additionally I got a kernel panic trying to sleep with the Apple USB to Ethernet Adapter connected, is this normal?

I am using SL with all current updates installed (10.6.3) the latest DSDT.aml posted by Immo and the Kexts from the first post (I am using the Voodoo stuff).

Bretts DSDT.aml does allow sleep, i would guess you're problem is associated with a kext. Do you have any NullCPUPowermanagement kexts or the like loaded in your system?

--

AB

@ab

I removed the NullCPUPowerManagement kext (it was installed) from E/E and rebuilt my mkext. Now when I select sleep from Apple menu, rather than going to sleep the system shuts down.

The only kexts in E/E now are:

fakesmc

applePS2Controller

AppleACPIPS2Nub

AppleACPIBatteryManager

PlatformUUID

In S/L/E I removed AppleHDA and have VoodooHDA for sound.

Any ideas on how to get sleep to work? Could someone help me with dsdt.dsl with appropriate fixes?

Thanks.

@ab

I removed the NullCPUPowerManagement kext (it was installed) from E/E and rebuilt my mkext. Now when I select sleep from Apple menu, rather than going to sleep the system shuts down.

The only kexts in E/E now are:

fakesmc

applePS2Controller

AppleACPIPS2Nub

AppleACPIBatteryManager

PlatformUUID

In S/L/E I removed AppleHDA and have VoodooHDA for sound.

Any ideas on how to get sleep to work? Could someone help me with dsdt.dsl with appropriate fixes?

Thanks.

Are you using Brett's DSDT or did you make your own? What are you computer specs? Perhaps you can add them to your sig so its easy to view.

Are you using Brett's DSDT or did you make your own? What are you computer specs? Perhaps you can add them to your sig so its easy to view.

I am using Brett's latest any CPU DSDT, the one with shutdown fix.

My specs for the m1530:

Dual Core 1.5GHz (T5250)

nVidia 8600GT

4GB RAM

300GB HDD

10.6.3 (used combo update from 10.6)

Chameleon 2 RC3

What I attached a couple posts above is a DSDT.dsl file that I created using DSDTSE. This file, of course, does not include any of the fixes immo provided in the first post of this thread. When I try to add any of these fixes and build a DSDT.aml file and use it to start the system, I get a KP.

Brett's latest DSDT.aml boots and the system runs great. However, I'm unable to put my laptop to sleep either via Apple menu or the lid. Using Brett's latest generic DSDT for m1530 and putting my system to sleep turns off the system.

Any help would be appreciated as getting sleep would be fabulous.

Thanks again.

I think Brett put the shutdown commands into the sleep-section of the DSDT. This may be the reason why your notebook shuts down even when you try to enter sleep mode.

My laptop is running the generic DSDT and it sleeps when I close the lid. I don't try to sleep it any other way.

Edit: It also sleeps from the  menu too :wacko:

My laptop is running the generic DSDT and it sleeps when I close the lid. I don't try to sleep it any other way.

Edit: It also sleeps from the  menu too :(

Hi Brett,whats your bios version? That maybe the problem

I tried it a few seconds ago. Hibernating works fine when I close the lid or choose the option from the menu. But after wake up the notebook lost the ethernet connection. I have to restart to reenable it. What is the reason for that bug?

First off, thanks Brett for the DSDT.aml.

My BIOS is also A12. I'm running default settings. Should there be a change in this?

Also, what are your settings in the Energy Saver preference pane? Which ones are check?

I forgot to mention that I'm also using OSXRestart kext and I'm wondering if that's the culprit.

A12.

And what ethernet controller are you talking about? I use a broadcomm (Dell 1505) for wireless and the inbuilt Yukon for wired. Have no troubles with either. The intel wireless is long gone.

Cheers

My BIOS is also A12. I'm running default settings. Should there be a change in this?

Also, what are your settings in the Energy Saver preference pane? Which ones are check?

I forgot to mention that I'm also using OSXRestart kext and I'm wondering if that's the culprit.

why not update to A15? it works perfectly for me. the latest bios is on dell's website.

I used to run OSXRestart.kext and had no troubles with that in there as well. Am running RC5 of Chameleon now so don't run it anymore as it does restart about 80 - 90% of the time.

Here is a screenshot of my Energy Saver Preferences.

post-437386-1272789632_thumb.png

Thanks,

Brett

I used to run OSXRestart.kext and had no troubles with that in there as well. Am running RC5 of Chameleon now so don't run it anymore as it does restart about 80 - 90% of the time.

Here is a screenshot of my Energy Saver Preferences.

post-437386-1272789632_thumb.png

Thanks,

Brett

Thank you all for your help. After two weeks, several installation of snowy, different kexts, dsdt and smbios files, and a million restarts, I'm considering throwing in the towel for now as I haven't slept much (and my m1530 can't sleep at all). :D

I've learned a lot from all of you.

Thanks again.

Again, thank you all for your help.

Hi All,

Thanks to Brett, Imo, and many others... we have an almost perfect hackintosh.

For me, the last point is C-States because i really think the power consumption is by far bigger without this function.

I'm sure we will shortly have it with the work of u all.

Anyway, my post is about sleep and waking my hack from sleep.

I'm not sure i'm the only to have this problem that's why i'm asking it here first.

Sometimes, the third or fourth time my hack wake up from sleep, my screen stays black. I can feel it waking up but not the screen.

I then, need to restart it with the power button. Not cool as now we have shutdown working... i guess it wouldn't be necessary to halt my hack with the power button again... ;-)

Am i the only one?

Is there a trick to do for this?

Thanks in advance.

PS : No news from dvi support?

Regards,

Julien.

Hello

I am trying to implement my wireless Dell 1395 (Ven:14e4, Dev:4315, CC:0280, SS:000B1028)as native AirPort via DSDT but have no success (info taken from here)

Device (ARPT)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_SUN, One) // this is for PCI card information in System Profiler
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
0x09,
0x03
})
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package ()
{
"device-id",Buffer ()
{
0x12, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00
},
"subsystem-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x86, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 // for a/b/g/n
}
"name",
Buffer ()
{
"pci14e4,4312"
},

"model",
Buffer ()
{
"Dell Wireless 1395"
},

"device_type",
Buffer ()
{
"Airport"
},

"built-in",
Buffer (One)
{
0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

M1330 nVidia