64-bbit kernel vs. 32-bit kernel

subxero

2 posts in this topic

I know there are varied opinions on this, but in a moment of geekines (boredom), I ran geekbench tests which in my opinion show the obvious (IMHO). I ran the 32-bit and 64-bit tests booting from the 32-bit and 64-bit kernels respectively. (-x32 / -x64 and checked status in Terminal before testing.)

The scores are identical. Running the 64-bit test booting from the 32-bit kernel produced the same result as running it from booting in 64-bit mode. Same for 32-bit test. Obviously the 64-bit test shows a higher benchmark score with both kernels, but both kernels produce the same result for both tests.

I also (i'm so bored) timed launch times of applications like Photoshop and Adobe Premier. Identical launch times booting from both kernels... and timed the same video project's processing times - you guessed it - identical!

Am I missing something (seing as how most focus is on getting 64-bit running smooth (which it does - bar my inability to find a 64-bit Realtek Lan driver which works) , or are we all thinking of Apple 64-bit in a Windows 64-bit frame of mind?

Don't flame me...I am just asking for opinions for enlightenment...(enlighten me)rolleyes.gif