a tiny little cry for help: mic in bootcamp makes me sound like a mouse!

watermelongirl

1 post in this topic

Thanks in advance for reading/chiming in.

I run a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo. When Snow Leopard came out I installed it and partitioned my drive to allow me to run Windows via bootcamp for the purpose of playing Aion with my husband.

The game works fine, although it only works correctly when I'm hooked to my large Dell monitor. The built-in display makes the mouse/cursor not function correctly in-game.

But that's relatively minor... the biggest problem is that the built-in mic, as well as any mic I plug into the Line In, makes me sound like a mouse when I speak. I SO don't want to be known as the squeaky mouse over ventrilo. (The problem occurs in a regular sound recorder too, so it is NOT ventrilo specific).

The audio device is listed as Intel High Definition Audio: Device ID 0x83847680, Audio ID 30 - whatever that means.

When I dive into the Control Panel audio preferences when booted into Windows, the driver is listed as IDT audio.

Audio output seems to function perfectly.

I would sure appreciate help if anyone has expertise or experience with this sort of thing. I'm at a little bit of a loss.

TIA,

Jen