ATI HD framebuffer driver (10.5/10.6) with source code

dong

900 posts in this topic

I tried, and it's a full crash))) I think the EDID is not right-I got it from SwitchResX,

What is the proper way to get EDID? 

from linux (installed or live CD) and read-edid, or from windows, there several diffrent EDID dumpers, just google it.

Hallo,

I got a Lenovo Thinkpad R60 (ATI X1400) with Snow Leopard installed.

The driver works with the built in display, apart from some artifacts.

But if I connect an external display via VGA (DVI doesn't work either) the output on the LCD-display looks kind of garbled, the picture on the connected display looks good though.

I tried versions of the driver with and without integrated atombios.

The one without bios just doesn't do anything on the connected display.

Here's a screenshot:

screenshotii.jpg

Entering the EDID of my card doesn't seem to affect this.

Is there anything I could try to get it work? :blink:

Thanks in advance

Hello there,

now i just updated my notebook to Snow Leopard. But when i use the original 64bit vanilla kernel, the kext doesn't load. The console tells me that it is not for this architecture.

I thought this kernel is both - 32 & 64bit?

Acutall it runs on 32bit compatiblity mode.

Greetings.

Hallo,

I got a Lenovo Thinkpad R60 (ATI X1400) with Snow Leopard installed.

The driver works with the built in display, apart from some artifacts.

But if I connect an external display via VGA (DVI doesn't work either) the output on the LCD-display looks kind of garbled, the picture on the connected display looks good though.

I tried versions of the driver with and without integrated atombios.

The one without bios just doesn't do anything on the connected display.

Entering the EDID of my card doesn't seem to affect this.

Is there anything I could try to get it work? :blink:

Thanks in advance

FYI, the current version of RadeonHD.kext does not support more than one display. If it does work in some cases, that just means you are luck. I will put support for two displays in later version.

FYI, the current version of RadeonHD.kext does not support more than one display. If it does work in some cases, that just means you are luck. I will put support for two displays in later version.

Thanks for your answer.

Ok, I 'll have to wait then. :)

Keep up the good work. :blink:

Thanks for your answer.

Ok, I 'll have to wait then. :whistle:

Keep up the good work. :(

I connected my Toshiba Satellite A300-203 to an external TV via VGA and I don't manage to see anything, so I guess you went far than me. dong said this kext does not support more then one display, but no one replied to me when I said I only can see in the builtin display. I mean, I want to see only in the TV, not in the laptop display. Does anyone know why is this happening? Thanks:

I tried to connect the laptop to an external TV via VGA (I plug the wire before turning on the laptop), and it used to show up on the TV before I tried this radeonHD kext (1024x768 though), but now it doesn't show on TV anymore. I can see the apple logo on TV when loading system, but after a while it changes to laptop screen and I don't see anything on TV anymore. I have a Toshiba Satellite A300-203 with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470. I have now native resolution on the laptop screen (1280x800), is it any way to manage to see the desktop on the external TV? Should I add the EFI string hdb3 mentioned or something?

I connected my Toshiba Satellite A300-203 to an external TV via VGA and I don't manage to see anything, so I guess you went far than me. dong said this kext does not support more then one display, but no one replied to me when I said I only can see in the builtin display. I mean, I want to see only in the TV, not in the laptop display. Does anyone know why is this happening? Thanks.

Because, as previously said the driver doesn't support dual display. Thus, it supports only the first display available, i.e. internal display on laptops, no DVI VGA or TV out. It is written in the first post.

Sorry, didn't have enough time to read all, quick question, did anybody get this working on mobility HD 2xxx series? Thanks in advance!

I think it works for any card. However it is written "for test" in the title, so you should test and report.

It is allready known you won't get QE/CI (acceleration) because it is not meant to do that. But you'll get resolution switching.

from linux (installed or live CD) and read-edid, or from windows, there several diffrent EDID dumpers, just google it.

Thanks for help

I tryed from Ubuntu get-edid | parse-edid and all is ok - my resolution present!

But if I save result I got this (I can not even copy it)))

edid.txt

omni, you are right. Hardwarecursor solves the mouse tearing problem. But I can't figure out the problem of a skewed mouse cursor icon, i.e., it's not a squared one but a pressed one with height shortened.

The latest kext worked fine for me, but the cursor turned into a blurry block.

the older 20/10 works perfectly.correct res, n perfect cursor

But hey, in the Display system references, i can see they listed all the possible resolution that is supported by my lcd. from before there is only 3, but now there are 9 res that i can choose from. Great improvement dong.

It is working in HD2700 (HD2600XT).

Chipset Model: Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9583

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

I added depth switch in latest code (that means change between millions color, thousands color, etc.), but it does not work correctly at the moment. If you desire hardwarecursor, You can try add hardwarecursor related source code to the old source to avoid the new problem. The codes related are located in RadeonHD.cpp, rhd_dirver.c, rhd_cursor.c, the function related to gamma table can be safely commented out as it's not work now as well.

I've been a silent user some years ago, I prefer to search instead ask.

But now I must to say thanks to dong, I know you're doing a really good effort.

I tested the builds delivered on 091015, 091020 and 091028, the two first works good, I'm still using the 091020. The last Build works just deleting all ATIRadeonX2000* kexts but gives to me a big square as cursor, everything else fine, even shows more options under Display PrefPane.

I tested on Ideneb 1.6 OSX 10.5.8, and I will try in iATKOS v7 because I felt more stable than this. I will comment my results in iAtkos.

Is working good on my HP dv5 1135la:

Ati Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series (M82) (Aka 3470 as everest showed in windows)

Bus: PCIe

VRAM: 256 MB

Vendor Id: ATI (0x1002)

Device Id: 0x95c4

Res: 1280x800x32Bit

CI Software

QE not supported

Thanks again dong. ;)

The last Build works just deleting all ATIRadeonX2000* kexts but gives to me a big square as cursor, everything else fine, even shows more options under Display PrefPane.

You need to change enableHWCursor as false in Plist under UserOptions