super_engine

super_engine

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
DONG
You are my new hero

PERFECTLY working for my ATI Radeon Mobility X1350 (Dev ID 7196)
Tested version with AtomBIOS code and with my Laptop EDID.

Now i have perfect 1440x900 full resolution

Also QE/CI works very fine (editing ATIRadeonX1000.kext - plist and HEX file)

Many Many Many......Thanks

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts
lebido and Boombeng,
I tried my x1400 with quirk table removed from source. The RHDConnectorsInit function worked well here without any problem with ATOMBIOS code.
It looks like both of your cards' BIOS ROM do not contain enough information in it to get connector init done.
Did you guys tried RadeonHD driver (not the fglrx driver which is close sourced) in linux?
If it works there, then there is no reason for the failing of RHDConnectorsInit function here.
If it does not work there as well, you guys may need to run the utils tool come with RadeonHD linux source code and post the results. Then we can check to see if we can make the quirk table by ourselves out from the result.

Quiet the same results here too

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I'll check that tomorow.

In the mean time, I attached a BIOS dump I had hanging around for some time, if it can be of any use.

Attached Files

yazz2020

yazz2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Dong
You are the Man!!!

Your kext worked, changed display resolution from standard Vesa 1024x768 to 1366x768 which is default res i get in vista. Although no option to switch resolution in display settings. Kext used for 10.6 32bit with atom bios no backlight.

Then installed ATIRadeonX2000 kext just to see what would happen, and got blank white screen which is a change as usually got black and white squares.

Looks like you are close to framebuffer kext.

have attached kernal logs without and with ATIRadeonX2000.

Let me know if you require any other info.

Attached Files

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Did you guys tried RadeonHD driver (not the fglrx driver which is close sourced) in linux?
If it works there, then there is no reason for the failing of RHDConnectorsInit function here.
If it does not work there as well, you guys may need to run the utils tool come with RadeonHD linux source code and post the results. Then we can check to see if we can make the quirk table by ourselves out from the result.

I just come to try latest RadeonHD (1.3) with ubuntu and guess what ? it doesn't work... :wacko: there is a crappy bug at boot
as soon as I run util tool I'll post the result here

cheers

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts
wow, now it become 1.3.0 just after I took one week to porting 1.2.5. :wacko:

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I didn't manage to run rhd_conntest cause of a lack of package or anything I dunno, but, searching around a way to run this util tool I found the rhd_conntest report from someone with exactly the same laptop and the same grapgic card
here it is :

http://article.gmane...s.radeonhd/4152

One week, you work fast dong :wacko:
I would spend at least one year to learn how to do that :D

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts

I found the rhd_conntest report from someone with exactly the same laptop and the same grapgic card
here it is :http://article.gmane...s.radeonhd/4152

I saw there is already a connector table listed in the xorg log. I simply added it to the quirk table and recompiled. You may test to see what will happen.
Here it is: Attached File  RadeonHD.kext.10.5M82.zip   164.03KB   342 downloads

brjones

brjones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Well, I cant believe it, but it works. I am not sure if the hardware acceleration stuff works because I dont remember how to check it, but I can now change my resolution. Just friggin AWESOME!!

I am running it without ATIRadeonX2000.kext installed because it used to really mess things up.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Dell Studio 1737
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3640

JoocKer

JoocKer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
finaly some progress in this direction :rolleyes:
i`m wondering if the ati mobility hd3450 it`s working right , if someone has tested it please confirm :blink:

dany88

dany88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
hi to everyone, what i should install to try it with my hd4770?

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

I saw there is already a connector table listed in the xorg log. I simply added it to the quirk table and recompiled. You may test to see what will happen.
Here it is: Attached File  RadeonHD.kext.10.5M82.zip   164.03KB   342 downloads

Things are better now but not perfect... i have access to the board now but still stuck to 1024x768, there is not more choice in pref syst /display but the screen is not streched anymore, there is a big black stripe ont the right side of the screen
I tried to add Edid in plist and vhange Graphic Mode in boot plist without luck

Here is the log
Attached File  RadeonHDM82Log.rtf   6.46KB   95 downloads

Thx very much Dong

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hm... if i'm right is this a whole package needed ... or i need a special driver first for my ati 3650HD on Toshiba P300 in order to test it?

Aniway keep on god work!

Ztardust

Ztardust

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Wow!

Dong, I am impressed!

After years of running my machine on 1024x768(and trying absolutely everything, and I mean *EVERYTHING*, to get it working at native resolution), I can finally use it in native resolution, 1280x800.

I just installed your 10.5 kext, and without any modification or edid or anything it worked "out of the box" on first try.

Thank you so much for your work and effort. :(

Ztardust

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts

Things are better now but not perfect... i have access to the board now but still stuck to 1024x768, there is not more choice in pref syst /display but the screen is not streched anymore, there is a big black stripe ont the right side of the screen
I tried to add Edid in plist and vhange Graphic Mode in boot plist without luck

Here is the log
Attached File  RadeonHDM82Log.rtf   6.46KB   95 downloads

Thx very much Dong

The log shows all problem are caused by "rhdMonitorValid failed". You can test below versions, one ignores this step, another debug one does not ignore but add log to see what causes the failure.
ignore one: Attached File  RadeonHD.kext.M82.zip   164.05KB   360 downloads
debug one: Attached File  RadeonHD.kext.M82Debug.zip   164.04KB   242 downloads

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

The log shows all problem are caused by "rhdMonitorValid failed". You can test below versions, one ignores this step, another debug one does not ignore but add log to see what causes the failure.
ignore one: Attached File  RadeonHD.kext.M82.zip   164.05KB   360 downloads
debug one: Attached File  RadeonHD.kext.M82Debug.zip   164.04KB   242 downloads

IT WORKS :D

Thank you so much Dong!!!!
:angel:

Attached Files

fizzban

fizzban

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
it works dong! I have try the 2 kext (with and without atombios) on my x1600 mobility 71c5 and they works, there is a bit mouse tearing but.... u cares, now I try with slow leopard.
great job thank you, sorry for my bad english

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Hello,
I've also failed to make linux radeonhd to run… and to get a xorg log.

However I've looked into my bios and other xorg.log from other cards (since I couldn't find one for mine) and I think the connector table should look like that :

(II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[0] {RHD_CONNECTOR_DVI, "DVI_I CRT1", RHD_DDC_0, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_DACA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
(II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[1] {RHD_CONNECTOR_PANEL, "LVDS LCD1", RHD_DDC_2, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_KLDSKP_LVTMA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
(II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[2] {RHD_CONNECTOR_TV, "SVIDEO DFP1", RHD_DDC_NONE, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_DACB, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
(II) RADEONHD(0): Connecter[3] {RHD_CONNECTOR_DVI, "DVI_I DFP1", RHD_DDC_1, RHD_HPD_0, { RHD_OUPUT_TMDSA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }

The only thing I'm not sure is the RHD_DDC_x values, I took these from an M54 log, they are the same on an M66 (I have M68).
On some other logs, LCD has RHD_DDC_0, that's why I'm not convinced.

I hope you'll be able to do something out of that !

dong

dong

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 366 posts

Hello,

(II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[0] {RHD_CONNECTOR_DVI, "DVI_I CRT1", RHD_DDC_0, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_DACA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
(II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[1] {RHD_CONNECTOR_PANEL, "LVDS LCD1", RHD_DDC_2, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_KLDSKP_LVTMA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
(II) RADEONHD(0): Connector[2] {RHD_CONNECTOR_TV, "SVIDEO DFP1", RHD_DDC_NONE, RHD_HPD_NONE, { RHD_OUTPUT_DACB, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }
(II) RADEONHD(0): Connecter[3] {RHD_CONNECTOR_DVI, "DVI_I DFP1", RHD_DDC_1, RHD_HPD_0, { RHD_OUPUT_TMDSA, RHD_OUTPUT_NONE } }

I added it to source and please test this one: Attached File  RadeonHD.kext.M68.zip   164.16KB   60 downloads

lebidou

lebidou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Sorry, it didn't work.

First I tried without debug mode and got a black screen and system hang. Then I turned debugMode on and got a scrambled display.

Here is the log : Attached File  LeBidou_X1900_Log.txt   2.26KB   18 downloads
Unfortunately, it seems incomplete

Maybe connector[0] (DVI) has DDC_2 and connector[1] (LCD) has DDC_0… I guess the only way to know is to test…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy