Chameleon 2.0 RC3 causing multitude of problems on Snow Leopard

1 post in this topic

Using a boot-132-mars disk, I was able to boot from an OS X 10.6 retail disk and install Snow Leopard onto my Acer Aspire 8930g notebook, or rather, onto an external hard drive to be used with my notebook.

By first booting into the boot-132-mars disk, I am able to use its Chameleon bootloader to choose my OS X drive to boot into. However, after installing Chameleon 2.0 RC3 onto the drive, whether through a package or manually through Terminal, all hell breaks loose.

Problems.

1. Chameleon does not countdown to auto-boot into the OSX drive. Instead, it brings me to the list of bootable drives I have on my computer, as if I had pressed a key to interrupt its countdown.

2. The resolution of my display, though 1680x945 prior to installing Chameleon, becomes 1024x768. Editting com.apple.boot.plist only managed to raise it to 1280x720, but not my screen's native resolution of 1680x945 which was displaying correctly prior to installing Chameleon. I've tried installing NVinject.kext but it didn't help. (The card is an NVidia Geforce 9600M GT)

3. All the drives I have on my computer suddenly show up on my desktop. Prior to installing Chameleon, only external USB drives, ipods and CD/DVDs showed on the desktop, while I can use Finder/Computer to browse my internal disks. After installation, my desktop is cluttered with my Acer recovery partition, my Windows installation partition, my saved files partition and my second internal hard drive, all which hadn't displayed prior to Chameleon being installed.

I've searched the forums to no avail so I'm just wondering if anyone know how to resolve these problems.

Thanks!

(Also a side note/question: does anyone know where to get Snow Leopard kexts? Specifically AttansicL1eEthernet and ALCinject. The supposed SL kexts I've tried installing didn't make my LAN or audio work, whereas their Leopard counterparts where what I used to get OSX 10.5.7 Leopard working on the same machine)

PROBLEMS MOSTLY SOLVED. THANKS FOR THE PMs.