• Please log in to reply
436 replies to this topic

MacVador

MacVador

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Yesssss !!! works nice... thanx for all :P:D:D the only thing is when i put the new installed baby to sleep... he wont wake up... no problems with bluetooth it works after i shut down or reboot... 'bout wifi there wouldn't be any problems i have the one from my dead macbook :):P

is there a kext like " openhaltrestart " that i could change to enable the wake up after sleep ?
i noticed something.. it wakes up... but there is just the screen not waking up i can connect to from another Mac remotely... any idea on how to solve it ?

thanx again for the good work

MacVador

blakken

blakken

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Strange the way you installed it.Querly I did install SL totally differently.Besides my Mic is working out of box without vodoohda prefpane.Bluetooth is sometimes lazy after deep sleep.Could you post me your Dsdt.aml please.

Mitch Malone

Mitch Malone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Do you have a 1000HE? Is it US or EU?

Yes, it's the Asus EeePC 1000HE (EPC-1000HE-BLK002X). It has 1GB of RAM by default, an upgraded 500GB HDD and is running BIOS 1002. I am unsure if it is US or EU as I live in Australia, but is there any simple way to tell?

Did you copy the extra's folder after installing netbookinstaller.app?

I did and I have also done this again since for good measure.

Did you install the ethernet kext? Did you install the modified bluetooth kext? If so how did you install it?

Yes and yes. I installed these by following the instructions here: http://www.insanelym...php/t18757.html

I have done this again since and I now have working Ethernet, but still not WiFi or Bluetooth. Also, I am now getting a funny message when booting saying that my Hybernate file is out of date by XXXXXXX seconds - is that something to be concerned about? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MoonDogg

MoonDogg

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Yes, it's the Asus EeePC 1000HE (EPC-1000HE-BLK002X). It has 1GB of RAM by default, an upgraded 500GB HDD and is running BIOS 1002. I am unsure if it is US or EU as I live in Australia, but is there any simple way to tell?

I did and I have also done this again since for good measure.

Yes and yes. I installed these by following the instructions here: http://www.insanelym...php/t18757.html

I have done this again since and I now have working Ethernet, but still not WiFi or Bluetooth. Also, I am now getting a funny message when booting saying that my Hybernate file is out of date by XXXXXXX seconds - is that something to be concerned about? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok the wifi should work after the initial install and after the netbookinstaller.app and the extra's folder.. if its not working... I am kinda stumped... the bluetooth try installing the driver with the kexthelper app... its in my guide... let me know how it goes...

Mitch Malone

Mitch Malone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Ok the wifi should work after the initial install and after the netbookinstaller.app and the extra's folder.. if its not working... I am kinda stumped...

Oh please don't say that. Without WiFi it's basically useless to me as I only operate within wireless networks. Going to try running software update and see if it fixes anything.

Is it possible that mine has a different WiFi card to yours? And if so, is there a simple way to check and track down a different driver for it?

Ok the wifi should work after the initial install and after the netbookinstaller.app and the extra's folder.. if its not working... I am kinda stumped...

I've updated to OS X 10.6.1 and still no dice on the WiFi. I'm less worried about Bluetooth and will give that a go again later this evening (Australian time).

Any chance you have any other ideas on the WiFi front? This is really the only thing I need working urgently.

parken

parken

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Oh please don't say that. Without WiFi it's basically useless to me as I only operate within wireless networks. Going to try running software update and see if it fixes anything.

Is it possible that mine has a different WiFi card to yours? And if so, is there a simple way to check and track down a different driver for it?

I've updated to OS X 10.6.1 and still no dice on the WiFi. I'm less worried about Bluetooth and will give that a go again later this evening (Australian time).

Any chance you have any other ideas on the WiFi front? This is really the only thing I need working urgently.

Mitch Malone try this (it worked for my 1000H with a ralink RT2860 WiFi card):
1. get the leo 10.5.7 combo update from Apple and extract the IOATAFamily.kext with Pacifist (it should be v 2.0.1);
2. copy this file to your /Extra/GeneralExtensions folder and run UpdateExtra (it was installed in your /Extra folder by the NetbookInstaller.app): this is mandatory as it will update the Extensions.mkext in your /Extra folder as well as the Extensions.mkext in /S/L (if you don't, any *.kext changes done at /E/GE won't be loaded by the kernel);
3. reboot (your boot time should be much shorter...)
4. go to the Ralink web site and download their PCI drivers for for the RT2860 (they are rated for 10.5), install and before you reboot run the Update Extra again (I'm not sure this is required, but it doesn't harm);
5. at reboot, you might be asked to configure a new Network interface and an application named WirelessUtilityCardbusPCI that scans for WiFi networks should be launched at login.
Let us know.

Mitch Malone

Mitch Malone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Mitch Malone try this (it worked for my 1000H with a ralink RT2860 WiFi card):
1. get the leo 10.5.7 combo update from Apple and extract the IOATAFamily.kext with Pacifist (it should be v 2.0.1);
2. copy this file to your /Extra/GeneralExtensions folder and run UpdateExtra (it was installed in your /Extra folder by the NetbookInstaller.app): this is mandatory as it will update the Extensions.mkext in your /Extra folder as well as the Extensions.mkext in /S/L (if you don't, any *.kext changes done at /E/GE won't be loaded by the kernel);
4. go to the Ralink web site and download their PCI drivers for for the RT2860 (they are rated for 10.5), install and before you reboot run the Update Extra again (I'm not sure this is required, but it doesn't harm);
5. at reboot, you might be asked to configure a new Network interface and an application named WirelessUtilityCardbusPCI that scans for WiFi networks should be launched at login.
Let us know.

Thanks, I am trying this now (just waiting on the Combo Update to download)...

If it's of any help, these are the specs my System Profiler outputs.

Mitch Malone

Mitch Malone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for all the help, but infortunately at this step...

...my boot time is drastically shorter (see here).

Yes, unfortunately everything is dead! lol

Step 3 has borked my install and I am now sure how to recover except to start over?

I am starting to feel like my Netbook has different hardware to most users, I am having a lot more issues than most seem to be reporting.

parken

parken

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Step 3 has borked my install and I am now sure how to recover except to start over?

I am starting to feel like my Netbook has different hardware to most users, I am having a lot more issues than most seem to be reporting.

Have you tried to force reboot (I have sporadic KPs at startup too)?

Mitch Malone

Mitch Malone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Have you tried to force reboot (I have sporadic KPs at startup too)?

I've rebooted several times, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "force" reboot or KPs?

MoonDogg

MoonDogg

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

If you have another mac or hackintosh that you can put your hard drive into or connect to via USB you can copy the extra's folder provided in my guide back and that should fix your booting problem created by what you just tried.

parken

parken

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

If you have another mac or hackintosh that you can put your hard drive into or connect to via USB you can copy the extra's folder provided in my guide back and that should fix your booting problem created by what you just tried.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If you followed this guide you should have a USB drive/key to boot from and do the fix that MoonDogg suggests...

pienXo

pienXo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi, i have Eee PC 1000H ... with AirPort card, installed Mac OS X 10.5.7 Retail, FULLY WORKING, i think that, this guide work for me too, or not? ... please tell me. I Have 1000h, not 1000he... Thank You

allucinox

allucinox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi

i have a problem....the system says

header read size 200

incorrect image

what can i do ? the system does not start up correctly. at the end i have only a white screen.
i use the eeepc 1000h

many thanks

MoonDogg

MoonDogg

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Hi, i have Eee PC 1000H ... with AirPort card, installed Mac OS X 10.5.7 Retail, FULLY WORKING, i think that, this guide work for me too, or not? ... please tell me. I Have 1000h, not 1000he... Thank You

Yes it should work... but I can't guarantee all hardware will work... you wifi will def work if its an airport... :)

EDIT: on secound thought you might want to use a second HD to try this... as I have been reading a few people having problems with the 1000H and SL

hi

i have a problem....the system says

header read size 200

incorrect image

what can i do ? the system does not start up correctly. at the end i have only a white screen.
i use the eeepc 1000h

many thanks

Don't know I don't have a 1000H I have a 1000HE so its different... how did you install and with what files etc?

allucinox

allucinox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi moondog

thanks for your reply

i installed the system by using notebookcd...and this guide...and it worked.

i installed the IOBluetoothFamily kext key....and since them i can not start my system. now i'm on the single use mode..it seems to be like ms-dos but i don't know how it works.

Shambler

Shambler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the guide, it's helped me get a lot further with this install! I have to say it's a little more complicated patching your own disc (compared to the zillions of pre-built discs for 10.5) but the results are much more rewarding!

However, I would like to ask a few questions! (saw that coming eh? :D) Is anyone else experiencing crackly sound? It seems to stop after music has been playing for a few seconds, but it's a little annoying on sound effects. The other major problem I seem to be having is VERY slow ethernet. I have another hackintosh which is running Leopard with no issues, but when I try copy from it onto the Eee, it freaks out and starts transferring at about 1Kb/sec!
One other issue I'd like to point out is I can't seem to get some of the function buttons working. Screen brightness and the sleep button work great, however I can't change the volume from the keyboard. I'm not sure if I'm just missing something obvious, but I don't remember having problems with my MSI Wind in this area.
Thanks for all the hard work guys, it's great to have Snow Leopard on here at last! :(

Sam

feynmang

feynmang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

A big thank you for this post :unsure: All the steps worked and now I have SL on my 1000he.

Also wanted to inform that my Huawei EC168c 3G modem works after a little tweaking (by default the Dialer app was crashing when I tried to open it). I did "show contents" and installed from there.

I wanted to know one thing - is there any powermanagement tweak to make the battery last longer (eg Asus super hybrid engine SHE for mac?)

I tried the ACPI Powermanagement install from here http://www.insanelym...php/t14912.html but it doesnt work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

pienXo

pienXo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
to MoonDogg: Which hardware is different? CPU? Yes i upgrade ralink wifi card with AirPort Wifi Card from ebay :thumbsup_anim: (BCM94321MC) works great. So, which hardware maybe don't work? Bluetooth i thinks work, GMA work, Sound? I need fully working with MIC :), so? And i don't have second HDD. I want to try install it over this weekend. I Backup all files, so i can do experiments. :) If don't work, i install Leopard again. :) Please tell me about hardware differencies, THANK YOU :)

... and can work some kext for Leopard under Snow Leopard? Like Bluetooth?

Shambler

Shambler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Mitch Malone: Catchoftheday? :)
I bought one too, been fiddling around with it and I'm having pretty much the same issues. Ethernet was going after I installed the kext, as is Bluetooth, however I'm having no luck at all with the wireless. Are you having the same issues with the blue fn keys?
Frustrating...it's so close yet I know I'll probably keep getting annoyed at it if I can't resolve the keyboard. The wireless I may end up just doing a card swap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy