436 replies to this topic

schumi1331

schumi1331

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
ah, ok

but when I buy now an Upgrade-DVD, it will have a newer version than 10.6.1, I think
will the kexts and the guide also work then?

Manaka Junpei

Manaka Junpei

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hey I have a modded bios with ahci enabled is there a way to get it working with ahci cuz i get a lock up / not working after about a few seconds of loading any ideas?

I tried -v cpus=1 and still same thing by the way starts loading kext and won't go into te installer and times out

MoonDogg

MoonDogg

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

ah, ok

but when I buy now an Upgrade-DVD, it will have a newer version than 10.6.1, I think
will the kexts and the guide also work then?

IDK if it will work or not.. as you can see in my signature. I have sold my 1000HE so my development has stop on this project. maybe someone else on the forum has gotten it to work with a newer version.

schumi1331

schumi1331

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
hello again,
I got now Snow Leopard 10.6.7 fully working:
-connect your HDD from your netbook with a mac
-run the installation (10.6.0) for mac and select the HDD as the installation path
-run netbook installer using only chameleon and general extensions
-build the HDD into the netbook again, and start it, run the combo update to 10.6.7, run netbook installer again, using the same things
-restart (eventually you need to do this with recovery=y), and put the kexts into the folders...

everything works just fine, but I have one, important question:
how do the boot process work? because I want to install now XP as dual boot, and the boot camp assistent doesn't work with the netbook
would it be enough to install XP now on a second partition, and in boot.ini add Snow Leopard to boot from via normal start up? like dual booting XP and Vista or 7 or Linux on a normal PC?

POMATu

POMATu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Is there a way I can switch wifi and bluetooth on and off, without going to bios, to consume less battery power?

hello again,
I got now Snow Leopard 10.6.7 fully working:
-connect your HDD from your netbook with a mac
-run the installation (10.6.0) for mac and select the HDD as the installation path
-run netbook installer using only chameleon and general extensions
-build the HDD into the netbook again, and start it, run the combo update to 10.6.7, run netbook installer again, using the same things
-restart (eventually you need to do this with recovery=y), and put the kexts into the folders...

everything works just fine, but I have one, important question:
how do the boot process work? because I want to install now XP as dual boot, and the boot camp assistent doesn't work with the netbook
would it be enough to install XP now on a second partition, and in boot.ini add Snow Leopard to boot from via normal start up? like dual booting XP and Vista or 7 or Linux on a normal PC?

I was told somewhere, that chameleon (that in netbook installer) completely support ntfs boot. But when you install XP,it fixes mbr. One of the way outs, is to install xp on another hdd or flash, than just make room on your netbook hdd and copy partition.

You may also try to install xp as usual, than just run netbook installler again.

BUT remeber to backup your HDD :thanks_speechbubble:

J.Picard

J.Picard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hi,

there is a goot tutorial for the installation or upgrade to 10.6.7 for the 1000h.
It's in german.

It worked for me with my 1000he.

http://www.root86.or...6.7-Tutorial-V2

nightshadex101

nightshadex101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone.

I got my 1000HE with triple boot (winXP, linuxMint and MacOSX 10.6.7) and almost everything works perfect, but I need a little help with a couple of things:

-I can't get to connect an external monitor (but this is not that important)
-I can't manage to get the laptop to suspend. Well, in fact it suspends, but it doesn't resumes.
-The fan is at max speed all the time, and while it doesn't waste much battery (I got around 5.5hs of battery), it makes noise, and I want it as quiet as possible (I use this netbook in college)
-The hotkeys don't work. I don't care about most of them, but the home/end/pgup/pgdn. These work, but not with the intended effect: ie, I can't use them to select text but I don't know if this is a "feature" of MacOSX

Some things about my setup:
Pure vanilla
The disc is with mbr, not guid based
I took some patches from various sites, so, if someone is interested, I can upload the /extras folder, or any file that you need.

Please, if someone can point me in a general direction to get this working, I'll appreciate.

Thanks in advance!

dannycorker

dannycorker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys - I'm entirely new to the world of Hackintosh, but looking to learn! I have an Asus eeePC1000HE with a completely blank SATA drive just waiting for OSX to be put on them. Is the guide at the start of this thread still the most up to date way of starting from scratch? And what about the retail disc? Can I use any disc, or do I need a specific version number?

Thanks!

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
hi!
thanks for sharing your extra folder! may you give us a link?
Have you upgraded to 10.6.8 without any problem(using 10.6.8 atom-patched kernel)?
thanks!
mal

Hi everyone.

I got my 1000HE with triple boot (winXP, linuxMint and MacOSX 10.6.7) and almost everything works perfect, but I need a little help with a couple of things:

-I can't get to connect an external monitor (but this is not that important)
-I can't manage to get the laptop to suspend. Well, in fact it suspends, but it doesn't resumes.
-The fan is at max speed all the time, and while it doesn't waste much battery (I got around 5.5hs of battery), it makes noise, and I want it as quiet as possible (I use this netbook in college)
-The hotkeys don't work. I don't care about most of them, but the home/end/pgup/pgdn. These work, but not with the intended effect: ie, I can't use them to select text but I don't know if this is a "feature" of MacOSX

Some things about my setup:
Pure vanilla
The disc is with mbr, not guid based
I took some patches from various sites, so, if someone is interested, I can upload the /extras folder, or any file that you need.

Please, if someone can point me in a general direction to get this working, I'll appreciate.

Thanks in advance!

MoonDogg

MoonDogg

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi everyone... I got a request for the files that was in my guide here. As you may have herd Mobile Me is no longer available. But don't fret I did back up all the files and posted them to my dropbox account. I have updated the links in the original guide for anyone that needs them. Happy Hacking... :-)

Groovely

Groovely

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this, but here goes:

I was installed on my 1000he using this guide and was able to update to 10.6.8 from 10.6.1 by doing the following:

- Installed 10.6.8 combo update from Apple
- Installed Legacy Kernel 10.6.8 and SleepEnabler installer from Nawcom
- (Before reboot) Run NetbookInstaller, UpdateExtra, KextUtility

The system boots and everything appears to work except sleep and sound (VoodooHDA issues probably unrelated though). Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this sleep issue? I'm not very familiar with where this would log, nor why it might not be working because others report it works fine.

Thanks for any help.

MoonDogg

MoonDogg

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this, but here goes:

I was installed on my 1000he using this guide and was able to update to 10.6.8 from 10.6.1 by doing the following:

- Installed 10.6.8 combo update from Apple
- Installed Legacy Kernel 10.6.8 and SleepEnabler installer from Nawcom
- (Before reboot) Run NetbookInstaller, UpdateExtra, KextUtility

The system boots and everything appears to work except sleep and sound (VoodooHDA issues probably unrelated though). Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this sleep issue? I'm not very familiar with where this would log, nor why it might not be working because others report it works fine.

Thanks for any help.

Believe it or not.. I still read it.. :-) But I would check in the console app and see if any of them logs has anything about failure to sleep. its in /applications/utilities/console.app Hope that helps... also maybe get ahold of Nawcom and see if that person can help... or someone that is active in there forum-post.. Not sure if you used my kext for voodoohda or the latest.. but I would check to see if there is a newer one out... might help your issue out.

cyberghoser1

cyberghoser1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I can confirm that update to 10.6.8 appears to work, i do have the 1000h model, but its almost same configuration, i have sound, only sleep and speedstep are not working, for speedstep its not a matter since i only use the netbook with power ac and like full speed, for sleep i don't know i use the same kext from nawcom. Clunk noises do exist also in the hdd, but no tool works for that under SL.

whatcouldbe

whatcouldbe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I have collected a large set of kexts from different sources. I'm installing SL 10.6.0 onto 1000H, then updating to 10.6.7 or 8. Can anyone give me an up-to-date list of kexts that I should be using in the end?

schumi1331

schumi1331

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
woah, that's hard to tell you. I would have to look up from where I have that one I am using on my 1000HE.

What I can tell you for sure, is that for upgrading to OS X 10.6.8 you will have to use a modified kernel as the hardware support is different. And here some problems may appear...

johnnynmonic

johnnynmonic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I got 10.6.7 working very nicely. The only issue is the mic doesn't work. Did anyone else have this issue? I followed this guide to get set up, then bikingbrian's guide to update. I can use a plug-in mic to get by, but the onboard mic doesn't work. Anyone else ever have any luck resolving this? I've tried a few different voodoohda kexts, most just give me a kp, and the extensions.mkext in the first post gives me a kp.

Edit: was actually a faulty mic.  A replacement found on ebay was installed, now works fine.

Edited by johnnynmonic, 09 September 2013 - 12:00 AM.

werty100

werty100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Kernel panic after boting two times please help me pless.

Is the Extensions mkext installin it cosuign kernel panic something mssing?¡

Orginal 29mb

and your 15mb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy