ATI Radeon HD 4650 - any support QE/CI?

smvalera

123 posts in this topic

Guest sincro77

heres my rom from gpuz:

upload not working? ill try again..

my upload is 9.6 megs but it fails....wtf.?

10.6.5 ENABLER (ATI 4650 HD 1024 DUAL DVI)BY SINCRO77

here is everything you need :rolleyes: with directions.

anyone needs help.... just pm me.

I always work on clones of drives -- so if one fails to boot (for any reason) i can delete the problematic kext out of one install from another healthy mac install...understand??

cheers all..

sincro77

1002_9498.zip

sincro77_10.6.5_4650_enabler__package.zip

you just need my boot files..,. theres vga or dvi port1 or port2

Thank you so much, but I don't understand. What should I do with that rom file? I don't have a PCI card, I have an AGP card and the device id is different, mine is 0x10029495 and the PCI-E version is 0x10029498. Will it work anyway?

finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I AM PROUD to announce i have qe ci and dual (spanned)screens with arrangement tab under display for my main monitor.. I'm using 2 vga-dvi connectors on my dvi outs going to a 1680x10560 screen1 and 1280x1024 screen 2

I have been trying for months to get this to work and I can finally use my ATi 4650 card on my hack without bs.

Thank god for the EUlemur framebuffer...

Thanks to Rc5 and Atifb injection and the tip aboput the bios rom from gpuz. Were fully IN !!!!!!

now all we need is the same kinda thing - but in (dvi-dvi) or (dvi-vga) can use different combinations and not have to use vga adaptors..mind you im NOT complaining.. :D i think ( im not sure that eulemer is dual vga support..

i will follow up on this....

I must have spent 100 hours trying to get this to work.. i cant explain how liberated i feel..

cheers ...

sincro77

i will be posting fool-proof directions on this subject of fully functional 4650 on here shortly....

Dude your are way over complicating this. You don't need kext's from different versions of OS X, and you don't need to edit ATISupport.kext or ATIFramebuffer.kext.... All you need to do is add your device ID to ATI4600Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext.

Now use the lastest Chameleon BUT you need to download the sources at http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...tree/HEAD/trunk, because you need to manually change the framebuffer that it assigns to your card. i.e. HD 4650

I have XFX card with dual DVI, "Eulemur" gives me dual screens with one monitor on dvi and one on dvi-vga adapter. Only on monitor wakes from sleep with this framebuffer.

"Zonalis" gives me dual screens with dual dvi! Except only one screen wakes after sleep! Damn!

There are many other framebuffers that work but only give one screen on various ports and adapter combinations. It is trial and error testing that you must do on your own unless you have the same card as me. I have posted my current findings on different framebuffers using MY graphics card, i.e. this is not universal to all 4650 cards!!

One last thing, I was wrong before about using the ROM file to get this to work... The only reason to use the ROM file is if you want to use a custom ROM file. Chameleon does a great job of reading the ROM (or bios) from your graphics card and injecting it to OS X. All you need to do is use the correct Framebuffer for your setup. Unfortunately ATI graphics cards are a little harder to make work than Nvidia cards.

framebuffers.rtf

Sincro,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, been swamped. I have to agree with Svenmike, you are way overcomplicating things now. Svenmike's method was both amazingly simple after all the trials and tribulations I have had with this card, and so far has worked flawlessly. Have dual screens working and can run two copies of Second Life with Ultra level graphics without so much as a blurred pixel.

Well I tried with every framebuffers, but all does the same. Mac boots fine, and the card is recognized as a ATI Radeon HD 4650 Series, with 1024 MB of VRAM, but there is no QE/CI support and the only resolution possible is 1024x768. I don't think the problem is with the framebuffer, I think is more with the driver. Maybe the driver doesn't load correctly. I added my device ID in both kexts, ATI4600Controller and ATIRadeonX2000. But it's the same. Maybe too could be the DSTD, I never edited that.

Any advice?

Thank you. Bye

Well I tried with every framebuffers, but all does the same. Mac boots fine, and the card is recognized as a ATI Radeon HD 4650 Series, with 1024 MB of VRAM, but there is no QE/CI support and the only resolution possible is 1024x768. I don't think the problem is with the framebuffer, I think is more with the driver. Maybe the driver doesn't load correctly. I added my device ID in both kexts, ATI4600Controller and ATIRadeonX2000. But it's the same. Maybe too could be the DSTD, I never edited that.

Any advice?

Thank you. Bye

Your right it's not the framebuffer. If you always boot to the desktop and never have a black screen whatever framebuffer your using, then the ATI kext's are not loading. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. I don't know the compatibility with AGP cards nor what driver is supposed to be used... You'll have to ask around the different forums

Your right it's not the framebuffer. If you always boot to the desktop and never have a black screen whatever framebuffer your using, then the ATI kext's are not loading. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. I don't know the compatibility with AGP cards nor what driver is supposed to be used... You'll have to ask around the different forums

It's the AGP port, I'm sure. I read that Leopard and Snow Leopard aren't compatible with AGP naturally. It can work with injectors, AGPGart or with DSDT Mod. To use this card injectors don't work. AGPGart only works in Leopard not in Snow. And I have no idea what should I change in the DSDT.aml file to get the AGP working.

I tried with AGPGart.kext and the system freezes after loading the kext. But when I delete the kext from Windows and I boot Mac, I get lines of FakeSMC about the card and the AGP, bla bla bla, and I get a blank screen. It's like in that moment the card boot fines, but the Framebuffer isn't the correct one. I was using a boot file with Eulemur.

So I think I'm sure, if I get patch correctly the DSDT, the card will work. But until now I have no idea what i have to edit. I'll informing about this. Bye.

I have a trouble with this VGA too.

I've tried a lot of bootloaders, a lot of kexts modfied to HD4650 only, and nothing.

My card is XFX HD4650 512MB.

I'd install with AsereBLN, PC_EFI 10.6, Chameleon RC5 & RC4, but I can't have a good result for this.

I've tried too DVI and VGA ports, both have the 'black screen' when I leave my Dev-ID only.

Install the EVOenabler with system are recomended to make this card work?

• 3 weeks later...

are you guy's experiencing full qe/ci support with your installations?

me =

os x version: 10.6.3

card: xfx 4650 1 gig pci-e

boot: chameleon 2.0 r643

resolution: 1680x1050 on dvi port 2

kexts installed w/ 0x94981002 id's on 4600 and x2000:

ati4600controller.kext v1.6.6

'' Framebuffer.kext v1.6.6

'' Radeonx2000.kext v1.6.10 does this matter?

'' Support.kext v1.6.6

it looks like everything is installed correctly but no dice (QE support not enabled)

do i have to perform a magic hat trick to get this working?

can't even get in a screenshot because the display is just black, no dvd or video playback right now kinda sux

i see some of you working with v10.6.5 on your os should I update would that fix things looking for a heads up thx

one other thing my com.boot.apple.plist looks like this

8 keys total

boot graphics: yes

graphics mode: 1680x1050x32

graphics enamber: yes

kernel mach: kernel

quiet boot: no

kernel flags:

timeout: 5

arch: i386

hey svemike... i have eulemer working dual screen with dvi vga adaptors....

can you tell me how to enable dvi dvi ports ....

Just realized that I never responded to you... Sorry... You can use "Zonalis" as the framebuffer to get dual display dual DVI support, although if you use "Sleep" then only one screen will wake up and you have to reboot to get the other one back on.

are you guy's experiencing full qe/ci support with your installations?

one other thing my com.boot.apple.plist looks like this

8 keys total

boot graphics: yes

graphics mode: 1680x1050x32

graphics enamber: yes

kernel mach: kernel

quiet boot: no

kernel flags:

timeout: 5

arch: i386

Yes. Looks like you have the same card as me. Use the boot file I have attached which gives you DVI port 1 fully working, including waking from sleep. Otherwise read my previous posts on how to get the source code and edit it to use a different framebuffer.

Make sure you have "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" not "graphics enamber=yes" in com.apple.Boot.plist.

BTW: The versions of kexts and OS X version does not matter. If you update to 10.6.6 then you'll have to add ID to ATI4600Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext again.

1. use this boot file

2. make sure boot.plist is correct

3. add ID's to kexts

4. reboot

Everything should be working fine then

boot.zip

Someone can post me the kext for the sapphire ATI 4650 1Gb?

thanks! I do a mistake! I upgrade to 10.6.6 and I install a ATI4600Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext whith id bat didn't work! so I installed the framebuffer.kext (10.6.3)!!

Now my hackintosh dosen't work!

Scuse me for the english..

Someone can post me the kext for the sapphire ATI 4650 1Gb?

thanks! I do a mistake! I upgrade to 10.6.6 and I install a ATI4600Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext whith id bat didn't work! so I installed the framebuffer.kext (10.6.3)!!

Now my hackintosh dosen't work!

Scuse me for the english..

Just boot into single user mode and move the two kexts out of System/Library/Extensions, but don't delete them!! Then reboot so you can get into the desktop. I'm guessing you've gotten it to work before? When you say you installed 4600... and x2000... did you use older kexts? Just use the ones from 10.6.6 and copy them to desktop, add ID and then reinstall using "Kext Utility"

If you use older kexts you may get dependency issues, but you don't need older kexts, the new ones from 10.6.6 work just fine.

Just boot into single user mode and move the two kexts out of System/Library/Extensions, but don't delete them!! Then reboot so you can get into the desktop. I'm guessing you've gotten it to work before? When you say you installed 4600... and x2000... did you use older kexts? Just use the ones from 10.6.6 and copy them to desktop, add ID and then reinstall using "Kext Utility"

If you use older kexts you may get dependency issues, but you don't need older kexts, the new ones from 10.6.6 work just fine.

you can post here the necessary kext?

ATIRadeonX2000.kext

4600controller.kext

framebuffer.kext

as by as single user?

thanks

When you say you installed 4600... and x2000... did you use older kexts?

I used thise kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=202099

(for the 10.6.5)

but snow not work,then i installed framebuffer.kext 10.6.3 !!! i wrong!! i know....but now how i repair and adjust the situation?

thanks

you can post here the necessary kext?

ATIRadeonX2000.kext

4600controller.kext

framebuffer.kext

as by as single user?

thanks

I used thise kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=202099

(for the 10.6.5)

but snow not work,then i installed framebuffer.kext 10.6.3 !!! i wrong!! i know....but now how i repair and adjust the situation?

thanks

how i do!! please...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally i got this sh** working out with QI/CI fully supported on my Sapphire ATI HD 4650 on Snow Leopard 10.6.5:

I will attach the files i used its nothing out of normal i just replaced the boot file and installed the correct kexts with the correct com.apple.boot.plist and im using PC-EFI 10.6, i will attach all the files.

i hope it works for all of you :)

It says 4850 but still works lol i know it must say HD 4650 without evoenabler.kext but it wasnt working w/o it

screenph.th.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6HJMV4EP

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sincro77
Finally i got this sh** working out with QI/CI fully supported on my Sapphire ATI HD 4650 on Snow Leopard 10.6.5:

I will attach the files i used its nothing out of normal i just replaced the boot file and installed the correct kexts with the correct com.apple.boot.plist and im using PC-EFI 10.6, i will attach all the files.

i hope it works for all of you :P

It says 4850 but still works lol i know it must say HD 4650 without evoenabler.kext but it wasnt working w/o it

screenph.th.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6HJMV4EP

Here is the package that ya requested homie : :dev:

*OSX 10.6.6 package for Radeon ATI 4650 HD

by Sincro77* :dev: \

....everything you need is here. .. its pretty basic now finally/

ive prepared the kexts.no edit necessary

0 -install chamelon RC5... if you dont have a recent bootloader this may fail...

1 -use kexthelper - just drag the kexts onto the app. push the button.dont reboot.

2 -with osx86tools - repair permissions ,set extensions, clear cache, and touch ext folder

3 -delete "boot" from your active partition and replace with this one i provided.

4 -make sure your entries are correct in:

dir Root/Library/Pref/SystemPref - com.apple.boot.plist

and have the same in your invisible dir Root/Extra Folder.

if you want 64 bit mode add -force64 after arch=i386 -force64>string eg.

- with .kexts and .plist files :: if you edit them . always repair permissions after.

step

This is working with Chameleon RC5 629 using Eulemur for dual screens

** if you nubes still need directions post here and i will sell you more details. wink_anim.gif ¬ (kidding)

I dont want to "overcomplicate things" this time ( jk svenmike. read my other post;)

i hope i didnt forget anything.....?

if anyone needs help i'm here.............. peace

cheers :D

sincro77

Dont forget to let me know how this works out for all of you.

there are 2 attachments 1 is the kexts the other is the toolsand bootfile.

Sincro77_4650_hd_1066_kexts.rar

Sincro77_4650_hd_10.6.6_tools_and_bootfile.rar

Hello, I have a HIS 4670 with dual dvi output. (1002:9490)

I'm working perfectly fine with a single monitor on DVI (no dongle).

But 2nd monitor is not detected at all.

The only "boot" that works for me is this one from netkas:

http://netkas.org/?p=284

-> "You will need – a beta booter with GraphicsEnabler support for those card and drivers for osx" (this comment was from 2009)

If I want to try Dual Monitor, what should I do? Should I edit ati.c?

On PC_EFI I have this for my board:

{ 0x10029490, "Peregrine"} ,

But on Chameleon I have this:

{ 0x10029490, "Motmot"} ,

Any ideas about where should I start?

i updated to 10.6.6 but no QE and its still as 4870 video card on my system information :s

OK all fu*** up lol

I used the same files as you kexts and bootloader

i have DVI support and dual monitor but on DVI i dont have my native resolution i got another ones i need 1440 x 900 and its not on the list, on VGA port theres 1440 x 900 but when i switch to there i cant see anything and the resolution is still big even if i changed the resolution to 1440 x 900 i tried to switch the secondary to primary but the changes has no effect the vga port is still the secondary, the system information doest work i cant see it anymore, obviusly theres no QE/CI im freaking lost o_o

• 3 weeks later...

I *FINALLY* got my 4650 card working - QE/CI, resolution change, DVI/HDMI out... (well, only 1 port, but still!)

Hope this helps somebody else:

I added the card id (9498) to 4600Controller and X2000 - but the real trick was changing the framebuffer....

I used the current trunk of Chameleon, and changed the framebuffer to Flicker:

{ 0x10029498, "Flicker"}

"MotMot" *kinda* worked - but I had to have 2 monitors plugged in, one to each DVI port, and even then only ONE worked, and no QE/CI....

I attached my boot file - don't forget GraphicsEnabler = Y

-tronax

boot.zip

Guest sincro77

4650 SOLVED!!!!!!!!!

check OUT the screenshot.

screen1 1680x1050

screen2 1920x1080

qe ci. spanned.. using "secondbar" app. also

Eulemur framebuffer. Cham rc5 629.

patched DSDT ALC662 fully working with all ports in/out etc but as a 2 channel stereo device.

also installed an audigy and use kx drivers 5.1 out ..sweeeet. on a ASUS m2n68-am plus AMDx2 5400+

\oc RAm/ clocking 3.2 using 13.5x238 bus/// 4gigz memory is 800 running at 933mhz/. :):):) not bAD

4650 windows users should use"amd gpu clock tool" and the settings 648 mhz and 504 mhz to oc this card and get another 15 -20 fps from it .. its very usable for its cost on the market.. it often still surprizes me.

RESswitchX !!!!!! :):):)

sincro77

look 3600x1080 mwhaaaahaaaahaaaaahahahahaaahaaaaaaa haa.

post-627782-1300576246_thumb.png

post-627782-1300577943_thumb.png