Issues with system updates on HP notebook with 10.4.11

texkid

3 posts in this topic

Hello all. I am VERY new to this fancy Mac stuff. I have been around PC's for a good while but I do not claim to be an "expert".

So....after ready a lot (like...MUCHO!) about osx86, I decided to take the plunge and install Snow Leopard on my MSI Wind. I ended up loving it SO much that I went ahead and tried to install Tiger onto my HP notebook. Well, after I install the OS, it boots up beautifully and then I get a request for a system/security update. I click 'yes', it installs, and it reboots. Its on the reboot where the notebook is stuck on the BLUE SCREEN. I end up wiping the drive and re-installing the OS again.

I have searched and searched but have not found an answer. Am I right to assume that maybe, just maybe, I shouldn't be installing fresh system updates to my notebook? Or, am I supposed to do something before installing those system updates?

Specs:

HP Pavilion dv1515cl

1.7 Pentium M (735A)

1GB ram

80GB HDD (MBR partition)

Intel Pro 2200 wlan

install with xxx 10.4.11 rev2 (w/ a six-pack of Blue Moon)

Okay...I have another question.

It turns out that it was the system updates because I re-installed everything and again it ran well. But, all I did was install Office Mac and I still got stuck on the Blue Screen after a reboot.

Is this going to require one of them fancy paper clips?

Don't worry men...I got it all under control. Put your pens and paper away.

I installed Jas 10.4.8, bent a paper clip, and then updated my way to 10.4.11. Now I ordered an extended battery and going to look for bigger ram sticks.

So....sweet! I have an MSI Wind and an HP dv1000 both running Mac. Now I need to figure what to do with that Toshiba Satellite in the closet.