EP-45-UP3P - Just can't seem to get it to work (Stellarola's test3)

claroquesi

1 post in this topic

So I tried the Lifehacker guide with my "old" new video card (9400GT) and the system sort of worked... I ended-up trying to do it again using his "test3" posted here when I realized just how specific the lifehacker setup was supposed to be... things seemed to work.. I setup a handbrake job to see how fast it would go with my new setup (have a macbook and mini).

When I got up the next morning... the computer was asleep and wouldn't wake (I had tried waking from putting it to sleep the night before and it was fine). I rebooted and it gave errors galore. I have tried a different video card based on seeing it a sig of Dr. Krazy after he got his working. Again... I get either KP after chameleon or the dreaded "must restart computer".

I have setup the Bios just like the lifehacker guide... removed the LAN card... turned off virtualization to see if that helps... reset the CMOS on the MOBO with a screwdriver...

I can run UBUNTU live CD so that seems okay. I have reformatted the HD (a 2 yo WD SATA 200Gb) within the UBUNTU live CD since at one point I was thinking it might be causing problems.

I also bought a new USB flash since the cheapo was taking hours to setup... cheap flash is BAD!

Anyway... I don't know what to do. I can go buy another video card if the 9500GT is the problem... but the store has either 9600GT ($$) or 7300, 7XXX, 8400...