SpeedTouch 330

MarcConnor

8 posts in this topic

I queried if Speedtouch were working on a driver. This is what they told me:

"There are currently no plans to support Intel based Macs. For these

computers we recommend using an Ethernet modem / router rather than a USB

modem. Ethernet routers such as the SpeedTouch 500 series are Operating

System Independent and therefore provide a more robust solution."

So what I and many others are left with is a (sexy looking, I'll grant you that) piece of junk. Mind you, I'm using the modem on an older Mac and routing it via ethernet to my Mactel. It works but it's far from ideal.

Maybe if more peeps were to approach the developers, they'd consider writing a new driver. Rather than trying to sell us a more expensive alternative :)

Wolfpelt

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yet could also mean never, think about it, if you have the $ to afford a new intelmac i guess they assume you arent using a usb modem..

I also have the same modem, but i have no internet in my mac as my networkcard isnt supported :happymac:, so i hope they make a driver, but i doubt it..

• 1 year later...

This is a very common modem many people have and I like its simplicity, something we somehow lost with those complicated boxes full of features (but far easier to install thanks to ethernet I must admit). It's a good thing that there is finally a beta driver with sources. Maybe "GUIfy it" should be the next big step, it would make things much more user friendly, with not that much work.

Thanks fcadet :)