Gigabyte Ga-eg45m-ud2h Update working 10.6.2

tinush

137 posts in this topic

Hello again!

Is it possible to enable the "wake for network acces" option in energy saver options? That'd be awesome! I don't see the option anywhere..

thats because the way i done the lan part in the dsdt to get rid of the en0 error and get TimeMachine working

i do not need that option so did't fixed it. i know that it can be fixed via dsdt or by using a diffrent bootloader (pc-efi/chameleon bootloader and set lan in the com.apple.boot.plist) but it takes to much time. still have to fix audio first.

T

hmm i can't find that option in the bios, also nothing in the manual

Isn't it under power saving options the one over wake up on alarm? At least it says something about any device on the lan being able to wake the machine up.

right, well even with pci-efi and with <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key><string>Yes</string> it still won't show in energy saver, also the en0 error

T

Okay, well no can do. :) Tinush, could you possibly make me one (hopefully) last dsdt? Seems like i need the audio anyway. My audiointerface doesn't work with some programs it would be nice if i had an alternative. So if you could make me a dsdt just like the last one, but with audio included, i would be very greatful!

Okay, well no can do. :) Tinush, could you possibly make me one (hopefully) last dsdt? Seems like i need the audio anyway. My audiointerface doesn't work with some programs it would be nice if i had an alternative. So if you could make me a dsdt just like the last one, but with audio included, i would be very greatful!

done, but only x32

dsdt_with_hdef.aml.zip

Thank you so much! I got wake on lan working by the way. Just enable the option in bios and you're good to go. I can wake my computer from everywhere on the Internet with my iPod touch ;) The app that's working for me is sleepover. Waking from the Internet requires some router configuration though but google gave me plenty of guides how to do it. (Im running the dd-wrt firmware so it was pretty easy) Maybe this is helpful for someone.

Thank you so much! I got wake on lan working by the way. Just enable the option in bios and you're good to go. I can wake my computer from everywhere on the Internet with my iPod touch :D The app that's working for me is sleepover. Waking from the Internet requires some router configuration though but google gave me plenty of guides how to do it. (Im running the dd-wrt firmware so it was pretty easy) Maybe this is helpful for someone.

Nice, great find

T

FYI, all, I upgraded to 10.6.3 successfully with Thijmus' DSDT. Audio will stop working. You will need to reinstall the legacy AppleHDA kext and all should be up and running again!

If anyone has the urge to test out to see if audio is working at this point, I'd be much obliged :rolleyes:

crash

FYI, all, I upgraded to 10.6.3 successfully with Thijmus' DSDT. Audio will stop working. You will need to reinstall the legacy AppleHDA kext and all should be up and running again!

If anyone has the urge to test out to see if audio is working at this point, I'd be much obliged ;)

crash

Thnx for the update

At this point my board has died so ask't for a rma

as Crash_X stated replace original 10.6.3 applehda and your good to go

don't forget to repair permissions

T

• 3 weeks later...
Thnx for the update

At this point my board has died so ask't for a rma

as Crash_X stated replace original 10.6.3 applehda and your good to go

don't forget to repair permissions

T

komplett is not going to replace this board :rolleyes: , there giving me a refund...

such a shame really liked this board

so for me it ends here

T

• 1 month later...

Hi!, Following your guide, My ga-eg45m-ud2h is running snow leopard 10.6, now, including it's built-in LAN, my only problem is the sound, is anybody who can help me or give me some advice on what to do to have this system run with the sound. Thank you.