• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

jaybomba

jaybomba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Anything illegal and free. Anti-consumerism. Heretic.<br /><br />Rock climbing,...
Thanks so much! I've built a couple of hackintosh machines since late 2007 using Kalyway on various Gigabyte boards from the P35 and 945 chipsets. Now after more than a year of absence, I'm back to building new ones using the EP45 and the G31M-ES2L using the boot -132 Retail Leopard.

I've been eyeing this thread for a while and been meaning to use this board, but this time I want to try Snow Leopard. I will also try to learn this DSDT thingee as I am pretty new to it.

Thanks Thijmus and everybody for sharing valuable information. I hope to post my progress here soon.

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Thanks so much! I've built a couple of hackintosh machines since late 2007 using Kalyway on various Gigabyte boards from the P35 and 945 chipsets. Now after more than a year of absence, I'm back to building new ones using the EP45 and the G31M-ES2L using the boot -132 Retail Leopard.

I've been eyeing this thread for a while and been meaning to use this board, but this time I want to try Snow Leopard. I will also try to learn this DSDT thingee as I am pretty new to it.

Thanks Thijmus and everybody for sharing valuable information. I hope to post my progress here soon.

You are welcome..
there are already 3 people incl. me, who has this board running 100%
If you have any question we're happy to help you

T.

Gokuku

Gokuku

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

try installing on a different usb drive (fat32)
or re-download
you can also try pc-efi from netkas

still not working, even changed USB stick...OMG ;) :( :(

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

still not working, even changed USB stick...OMG :( :D :)

Ok, did you already try a different boot loader? like Chameleon or Pc-efi
Can you give me some more info; did you already install snow or are you still stuck with the restored snow 8gb flashdrive and installing the bootloader to the usb.
I changed my initial post with added info maybe it can help

T

jaybomba

jaybomba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Anything illegal and free. Anti-consumerism. Heretic.<br /><br />Rock climbing,...
Ok just got this motherboard today and have put all the components together.

Here's my set-up:

Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H (mobo)
LG Sata Super Multi-DVD Rewriter 22X with Light Scribe
Corsair HX620W (psu)
Corsair XMS2 2x1Gb DDR2 800
Q8400
Seagate 250Gb Sata
Western Digital 500Gb Sata
Inno3D iChill 8800GT 512mb
Thermaltake Lanbox

As I don't have time to set-up Snow Leopard retail on it yet, I did try to boot the machine. Take note that the Seagate 250Gb was my boot HD from my P35-DS4 Hackintosh before that was running Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 (before my mobo fried!).

Initially, I couldn't figure out why the machine wouldn't power up normally and would not even boot up to the BIOS as it would turn on and off continuously. So I took off the graphics card first to troubleshoot. I turned it on, powered up successfully and set up the the necessary BIOS settings. Rebooted into the verbose mode and voila, much to my surprise the machine booted into Leopard! Of course there wasn't any sound and Quartz Extreme is not supported and Core Image says "Software".

Certainly within the next few days, I will try to set-up Retail Snow Leopard then I will keep you guys posted with my progress.

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Ok just got this motherboard today and have put all the components together.

Here's my set-up:

Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H (mobo)
LG Sata Super Multi-DVD Rewriter 22X with Light Scribe
Corsair HX620W (psu)
Corsair XMS2 2x1Gb DDR2 800
Q8400
Seagate 250Gb Sata
Western Digital 500Gb Sata
Inno3D iChill 8800GT 512mb
Thermaltake Lanbox

As I don't have time to set-up Snow Leopard retail on it yet, I did try to boot the machine. Take note that the Seagate 250Gb was my boot HD from my P35-DS4 Hackintosh before that was running Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 (before my mobo fried!).

Initially, I couldn't figure out why the machine wouldn't power up normally and would not even boot up to the BIOS as it would turn on and off continuously. So I took off the graphics card first to troubleshoot. I turned it on, powered up successfully and set up the the necessary BIOS settings. Rebooted into the verbose mode and voila, much to my surprise the machine booted into Leopard! Of course there wasn't any sound and Quartz Extreme is not supported and Core Image says "Software".

Certainly within the next few days, I will try to set-up Retail Snow Leopard then I will keep you guys posted with my progress.

That's nice

here are all the files needed for your system, with edited dsdt and smbios.plist
still without speed step but for that i need more info form your cpu

T

btw i forgot also edit com.apple.Boot.plist for your screen resolution

see attached images for different boot loader structure (first is boot-think, second is for Chameleon or pc-efi)

Attached Files

sud_man214

sud_man214

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Thijmus,

I have the same mobo as you. Got video and ethernet working now in x64. Have you had any luck getting audio to work in x64 with the files you've posted above?

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Hi Thijmus,

I have the same mobo as you. Got video and ethernet working now in x64. Have you had any luck getting audio to work in x64 with the files you've posted above?

Hi there,

you can try Voodoohda it works in 64bit, i did not test it because i want my system to run in 32bit
There are more board's with alc889a 0x1458A102 id 12 like the GA-EP45-DS3R, GA-EX58-UD5 & ga-ex58-ud4p so maybe they have found a solution yet (like a legacyhda version)

T

Gokuku

Gokuku

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Ok, did you already try a different boot loader? like Chameleon or Pc-efi
Can you give me some more info; did you already install snow or are you still stuck with the restored snow 8gb flashdrive and installing the bootloader to the usb.
I changed my initial post with added info maybe it can help

T

I tried this way http://lifehacker.co...start-to-finish it works some how, but it will stuck on the loading screen, do I have to make any change on any file? thanks for your help Thijmus.

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I tried this way http://lifehacker.co...start-to-finish it works some how, but it will stuck on the loading screen, do I have to make any change on any file? thanks for your help Thijmus.

ok, that bootloader is pc-efi so delete al mkext.extensions and replace it with al my files, see previous post for structure

T

Gokuku

Gokuku

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

ok, that bootloader is pc-efi so delete al mkext.extensions and replace it with al my files, see previous post for structure

T

hi,

here is my configuration:

CPU: Intel Quad Core Xeon X3220 (=Q6600)

MB: Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H

RAM: Kingston HyperX 2X2GB 800MHz

Video Card: Onboard X4500HD

HDD: WD Green 1TB 32MB Cache

NO OPTICAL DRIVE

can I just use your attachment? thanks.

jaybomba

jaybomba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm quite lost here...

And the boot think file in rapidshare is unavailable. I'm getting a message that says the file was deleted by the uploader.

Gokuku

Gokuku

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I also consider to get the new NVIDIA GT240 512MB GDDR5, does it compatible with Snow Leopard? thanks.

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I'm quite lost here...

And the boot think file in rapidshare is unavailable. I'm getting a message that says the file was deleted by the uploader.

ok, i will make a custom package with all files from the lifehacker page (Pc-efi from netkas)
got it working

T

hi,

here is my configuration:

CPU: Intel Quad Core Xeon X3220 (=Q6600)

MB: Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H

RAM: Kingston HyperX 2X2GB 800MHz

Video Card: Onboard X4500HD

HDD: WD Green 1TB 32MB Cache

NO OPTICAL DRIVE

can I just use your attachment? thanks.

if u want to use the 4500gpu get the dsdt without gpu and recompile with iASLMe, then copy all my files except the dsdt

T

Attached Files

Gokuku

Gokuku

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

ok, i will make a custom package with all files from the lifehacker page (Pc-efi from netkas)
got it working

T

if u want to use the 4500gpu get the dsdt without gpu and recompile with iASLMe, then copy all my files except the dsdt

T

Hi Thijmus,

the attachment is showing error, can you re-upload it? thanks

here is the error message when I unzip it:

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Cannot create GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\Icon

! The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Attempting to correct the invalid file name
! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Renaming GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\Icon
to GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\Icon_
! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Cannot create __MACOSX\GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\._Icon

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Attempting to correct the invalid file name
! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Renaming __MACOSX\GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\._Icon
to __MACOSX\GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\._Icon_

sud_man214

sud_man214

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Thijmus,

Thanks for the pointer on VoodooHDA. Unfortunately it didn't work.

I've used the solution below (at post #388 and the attached ALC889a kext). I followed your example by running x32 only and sound works fine.

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1229762

Many thanks for all your help with this and all your valuable info in getting this motherboard working.

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Hi Thijmus,

the attachment is showing error, can you re-upload it? thanks

here is the error message when I unzip it:

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Cannot create GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\Icon

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Renaming GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\Icon
to GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\Icon_
! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Cannot create __MACOSX\GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\._Icon

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Renaming __MACOSX\GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\._Icon
to __MACOSX\GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\._Icon_

i downloaded both they all unzip!
don't know whats going on

T.

Hi Thijmus,

Thanks for the pointer on VoodooHDA. Unfortunately it didn't work.

I've used the solution below (at post #388 and the attached ALC889a kext). I followed your example by running x32 only and sound works fine.

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1229762

Many thanks for all your help with this and all your valuable info in getting this motherboard working.

That's great to hear....
Sometimes it's hard to believe that it running so fine

T.

Gokuku

Gokuku

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
[quote name='Thijmus' date='Nov 26 2009, 09:26 AM' post='1342821']
i downloaded both they all unzip!
don't know whats going on

T.

hi,

installed it on my USB drive, but when I boot it up, it is showing a screen and keep asking me to turn off the power, any comments?

crash_x

crash_x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Anyone have any luck running audio on 64-bit mode yet? I'm still unable to get it to work...

macusers

macusers

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Anyone have any luck running audio on 64-bit mode yet? I'm still unable to get it to work...

I can get sound output in 64bit with VoodooHDA.kext. Only 2 channel output, no input nor 5.1 channel, the sound get break up after wake up from sleep, need restart to get it back to normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy