Gigabyte Ga-eg45m-ud2h Update working 10.6.2

tinush

137 posts in this topic

ok, that bootloader is pc-efi so delete al mkext.extensions and replace it with al my files, see previous post for structure

T

hi,

here is my configuration:

CPU: Intel Quad Core Xeon X3220 (=Q6600)

MB: Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H

RAM: Kingston HyperX 2X2GB 800MHz

Video Card: Onboard X4500HD

HDD: WD Green 1TB 32MB Cache

NO OPTICAL DRIVE

can I just use your attachment? thanks.

I'm quite lost here...

And the boot think file in rapidshare is unavailable. I'm getting a message that says the file was deleted by the uploader.

I'm quite lost here...

And the boot think file in rapidshare is unavailable. I'm getting a message that says the file was deleted by the uploader.

ok, i will make a custom package with all files from the lifehacker page (Pc-efi from netkas)

got it working

T

hi,

here is my configuration:

CPU: Intel Quad Core Xeon X3220 (=Q6600)

MB: Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H

RAM: Kingston HyperX 2X2GB 800MHz

Video Card: Onboard X4500HD

HDD: WD Green 1TB 32MB Cache

NO OPTICAL DRIVE

can I just use your attachment? thanks.

if u want to use the 4500gpu get the dsdt without gpu and recompile with iASLMe, then copy all my files except the dsdt

T

Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip

ok, i will make a custom package with all files from the lifehacker page (Pc-efi from netkas)

got it working

T

if u want to use the 4500gpu get the dsdt without gpu and recompile with iASLMe, then copy all my files except the dsdt

T

Hi Thijmus,

the attachment is showing error, can you re-upload it? thanks

here is the error message when I unzip it:

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Cannot create GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\Icon

! The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Attempting to correct the invalid file name

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Renaming GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\Icon

to GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\Icon_

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Cannot create __MACOSX\GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\._Icon

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Attempting to correct the invalid file name

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Renaming __MACOSX\GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\._Icon

to __MACOSX\GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\._Icon_

Hi Thijmus,

Thanks for the pointer on VoodooHDA. Unfortunately it didn't work.

I've used the solution below (at post #388 and the attached ALC889a kext). I followed your example by running x32 only and sound works fine.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1229762

Many thanks for all your help with this and all your valuable info in getting this motherboard working.

Hi Thijmus,

the attachment is showing error, can you re-upload it? thanks

here is the error message when I unzip it:

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Cannot create GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\Icon

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Renaming GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\Icon

to GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\Icon_

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Cannot create __MACOSX\GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\._Icon

! C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Pc_Efi_Bootloader_Installer_v1.zip: Renaming __MACOSX\GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\._Icon

to __MACOSX\GA-EG45M-UD2H OSx86 v1.pkg\._Icon_

i downloaded both they all unzip!

don't know whats going on

T.

Hi Thijmus,

Thanks for the pointer on VoodooHDA. Unfortunately it didn't work.

I've used the solution below (at post #388 and the attached ALC889a kext). I followed your example by running x32 only and sound works fine.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1229762

Many thanks for all your help with this and all your valuable info in getting this motherboard working.

That's great to hear....

Sometimes it's hard to believe that it running so fine

T.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone have any luck running audio on 64-bit mode yet? I'm still unable to get it to work...

I can get sound output in 64bit with VoodooHDA.kext. Only 2 channel output, no input nor 5.1 channel, the sound get break up after wake up from sleep, need restart to get it back to normal.

Anyone have any luck running audio on 64-bit mode yet? I'm still unable to get it to work...

hi there crash_x,

i know why your sleep failed with the previous dsdt

see picture (this doesn't show with our new bios)

yes still on 32-bit audio, i already tried asking tmongkol for helping us out with making a legacy version from our applehda,kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0941&st=540

T

Edit: at post #640 from the alc889 topic http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0941&st=620

some other user is looking for the same id 0x1458A10 audio id 12

post-157612-1261321819_thumb.png

post-157612-1261322736_thumb.png

with allot of help from MM67

New Dsdt with vanilla Speedstep, applelpc fix & sata fix (no need for IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext)

EDIT the P-states before using the Speedstep DSDT or use DSDT without (dsdt in "Ga-eg45m-ud2h Updated DSDT.zip" file is without speedstep)

idle temps now 38c

Complete rebuild of DSDT from mm67, this complete new build has a lot less text in

edit p-states for your cpu before use

Does auto-sleep still work with mm67's new DSDT?

still on Boot-think because i don't know what Pci-efi and chameleon are doing to the system.

it boot's in 7-8 spins with pc-efi 14

T

If you're interested they've patched PC EFI and Chameleon to eliminate the need for OpenHaltRestart.kext, OSXRestart.kext or the like. Seems there's missing info from the FACP table they're injecting that enables restart. They've also patched DSDT to enable shutdown as well. Currently I only have fakesmc, LegacyHDA and RealtekR1000SL.kext in my extras folder.

UUID errors have been patched in both as well so you don't need PlatformUUID either.

HOWEVER… I wonder if it's the bootloader preventing auto-sleep. I might have to play with Boot-think and see what happens.

If you're interested they've patched PC EFI and Chameleon to eliminate the need for OpenHaltRestart.kext, OSXRestart.kext or the like. Seems there's missing info from the FACP table they're injecting that enables restart. They've also patched DSDT to enable shutdown as well. Currently I only have fakesmc, LegacyHDA and RealtekR1000SL.kext in my extras folder.

UUID errors have been patched in both as well so you don't need PlatformUUID either.

HOWEVER… I wonder if it's the bootloader preventing auto-sleep. I might have to play with Boot-think and see what happens.

Thnx for the info, will try it

somehow i don't think it's bootloader related, to many reasons why autosleep fail

T

btw can it be that this uuid fix can give error on the internal network (same id's)

Another interesting question about this board and OS X: Is anyone having trouble with the OS reporting correct memory speeds? No matter what I set in BIOS, OS X seems to think that my mem speed is 667 mhz, when it should be at least 800 mhz if not 1066 mhz (I'm having some overclocking issues, though I can't figure out why...)

Anyway, I don't have any smbios.plist in my /Extras folder, so I'm assuming that what I'm getting from system profiler is accurate. Anyone else running into a similar issue?

My memory is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820145256 and I do have the correct latency setting in the board, but it still doesn't want to run my memory at exactly 1066......???

Another interesting question about this board and OS X: Is anyone having trouble with the OS reporting correct memory speeds? No matter what I set in BIOS, OS X seems to think that my mem speed is 667 mhz, when it should be at least 800 mhz if not 1066 mhz (I'm having some overclocking issues, though I can't figure out why...)

Anyway, I don't have any smbios.plist in my /Extras folder, so I'm assuming that what I'm getting from system profiler is accurate. Anyone else running into a similar issue?

My memory is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820145256 and I do have the correct latency setting in the board, but it still doesn't want to run my memory at exactly 1066......???

Hi there Crash_x

put the smbios.plist in the xtra folder with the dsdt.

edit the smbios for the right cpu and mem name etc. only cosmetic

T

smbios.plist.zip

• 3 weeks later...

editing smbios is purely asthetic :hysterical: -- I'm looking for the performance gains!

BIOS is currently reporting that I'm running at 1066 mHz, however OS X reports 600 mHz. Since the OS is detecting the incorrect speed, it is likely performing slower than it should be. Could this be related to running in 32-bit mode rather than 64-bit mode?

Thoughts?

editing smbios is purely asthetic :P -- I'm looking for the performance gains!

BIOS is currently reporting that I'm running at 1066 mHz, however OS X reports 600 mHz. Since the OS is detecting the incorrect speed, it is likely performing slower than it should be. Could this be related to running in 32-bit mode rather than 64-bit mode?

Thoughts?

if your bios is set to 1066mhz, the memory will run at that speed in osx, only osx can't detect

you can use a smbios enabler, to get the correct speed detected.

test different memory speed setting's with a bench app

and yes x32 is slower then x64, we are still stuck

let's hope this guy get's it going

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=204334

One other thing, i noticed some screen glitches/jitter with gray images/screen parts when using

<key>DropSSDT</key> <string>yes</string> com.apple.boot.plist

so i had to remove it

T

if your bios is set to 1066mhz, the memory will run at that speed in osx, only osx can't detect

you can use a smbios enabler, to get the correct speed detected.

test different memory speed setting's with a bench app

and yes x32 is slower then x64, we are still stuck

let's hope this guy get's it going

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=204334

One other thing, i noticed some screen glitches/jitter with gray images/screen parts when using

<key>DropSSDT</key> <string>yes</string> com.apple.boot.plist

so i had to remove it

T

Thijmus is right. Whatever your BIOS is set at is what it's actually running at. But you should really be doing is using Asere's bootloader. Has memory brand, speed, type, etc detection built right in. Among a a slew of other fixes.

http://www.efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=644

Thijmus is right. Whatever your BIOS is set at is what it's actually running at. But you should really be doing is using Asere's bootloader. Has memory brand, speed, type, etc detection built right in. Among a a slew of other fixes.

http://www.efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=644

thanx kdawg,

looks like a perfect bootloader, going to test this one.

T.

• 3 weeks later...