Gigabyte Ga-eg45m-ud2h Update working 10.6.2

tinush

137 posts in this topic

Ok!, that also happened to me :)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=171929

As for most people here i'm also a nob, but with there help we can get it going.....

T.

I don't know what to say Thijmus! You are my new best friend. Problem with my Blu-ray drive is now fixed (via uncheck sleep HDD box) and now everything is absolutely perfect! It's now snowing on my Lian Li! LOL!

One last problem... clock sync between Win7 and SL...

I'm going to try this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation

DWORD "RealTimeIsUniversal" = 1

I don't know what to say Thijmus! You are my new best friend. Problem with my Blu-ray drive is now fixed (via uncheck sleep HDD box) and now everything is absolutely perfect! It's now snowing on my Lian Li! LOL!

One last problem... clock sync between Win7 and SL...

I'm going to try this:

That's great news

i created a complete new dsdt with the 4fe beta bios from windows can you test and compare it with what you extracted

edit my p-states before use, as you already have

thnx

T.

dsdt.dsl_13_11_09.zip

thanks, trying now.

another question Thijmus, 3 options when installing Bootthink, 1.boot0, 2.boot1, 3.EFI, should be all checked? :D

only boot0 & boot1 or efi not both

the best way is boot0 & boot1, so you can edit.

when using efi function, the boot files get hidden on the efi partition

later on you can hide darwin

T.

here is a F3 bios with DELL SLIC 2.1 and AHCI 1.20 fast boot clean modified, TESTED OK! good for Windows 7 and OSX dual boot :D:):whistle:

where did you get this new bios?

also when we use a mod-bios we need a new dsdt

T.

btw please download new zip from first post

where did you get this new bios?

also when we use a mod-bios we need a new dsdt

T.

btw please download new zip from first post

then I gonna flash it back to original F3 bios, it works with your DSDT zip?

BTW: I am still using the onboard X4500HD video, is there any way to make it work on native 1080P resolution? :D I am a NOOB!!!

otherwise I will go for GIGABYTE GV-N96TSL-1GI

then I gonna flash it back to original F3 bios, it works with your DSDT zip?

try the beta version, also with ahci 1.20e

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherb...?ProductID=3021

T.

there's no support for x4500 in the dsdt, so i think your stuck at 1024x768

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=129744

Dsdt.aml without nvidia gpu

dsdt.aml_without_Gpu.zip

only boot0 & boot1 or efi not both

the best way is boot0 & boot1, so you can edit.

when using efi function, the boot files get hidden on the efi partition

later on you can hide darwin

T.

Bad luck!!! still stuck @"Writing package receipt" :lol::lol::blink::(:(:(

I'm thinking of getting this motherboard in a few days. Just need know if you still don't have sound??? How about Bon Jour, Time Machine, firewire? Any other problems?

I'm thinking whether I should install Leopard or go jump for the Snow Leopard. I'm a video editor and would be running Final Cut Studio on this rig. I would appreciate any information.

Ok, after a few days working and reading about dsdt, i got a 100% working Snow 10.6.2 32bit system incl auto-sleep & time-machine

The system list:

Gigabyte Ga-eg45m-ud2h matx

Core duo E8500 3.16Ghz 1333mhz

Corsair 2x 2gb xsm2 800mhz ddr2

Nvidia 9600gt Evga ssc 512mb

Dsdt fixes: Speedstep, Nvidia Gpu, Time, Sleep, Usb, Rtc, Hdef, Sata, Apple Lpc & Pwr button

1. Restore the Snow dvd to a 8gb usb flash drive

2. Install Bootthink on the flash drive and copy Dsdt.aml, Smbios.plist & com.apple.boot.plist to Bootthink>Darwin

3. Copy the Fakesmc.kext, Applehda.kext, Realtekr1000SL.kext and Openhaltrestart.kext to Bootthink>Darwin>System>LibrarySL>Extensions

4. Boot from the Usb drive and install Snow (part. Hd in Guid)

5. Copy uuid info to Smbios and Platformuuid.kext (2 places)

6. Copy Platformuuid.kext with added uuid info to Bootthink>Darwin>System>LibrarySL>Extensions

Edit the dsdt for different nvidia card's (look for nvidia, it's only cosmetic)

system is working with x64 but the audio isn't working yet

Stil like to have audio 889a id 0x1458A102 layout 12 and network device id 0x8168 rtl8111dl in the dsdt

but he i'm not complaining

waking from sleep also works with keyboard/mouse

Questions?

T.

Edit:Ok it's in the wrong section must be in OSx86 Installation. :(

F4e Bios. second attempt got the new bios loaded better so now on the beta version (motherboard_bios_ga-eg45m-ud2h_f4e.exe)

with allot of help from MM67

New Dsdt with vanilla Speedstep, applelpc fix & sata fix (no need for IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext)

EDIT the P-states before using the Speedstep DSDT or use DSDT without (dsdt in "Ga-eg45m-ud2h Updated DSDT.zip" file is without speedstep)

idle temps now 38c

Compleet rebuild of DSDT from F4e Bios

I'm thinking of getting this motherboard in a few days. Just need know if you still don't have sound??? How about Bon Jour, Time Machine, firewire? Any other problems?

I'm thinking whether I should install Leopard or go jump for the Snow Leopard. I'm a video editor and would be running Final Cut Studio on this rig. I would appreciate any information.

hi there,

sound network and final cut are running great, what i would like to see is; a complete vanilla system without any use of kext (everything via dsdt).

I did not test Bonjour yet but that depends on development/working of the realtecr1000sl.kext

other than that this board works 100% in Snow 32bit, it also run's fine in 64bit but the only problem for now is the applehda.kext because this is an older version for leopard.

when i have more time i can look into this (some other boards from gigabyte uses the same audio hardware look for alc889 0x1458A102 id 12)

T

This thread and Thijmus were SUPER helpful and I now have this board fully working. A few important things to note:

• You MUST (for the time being) be running on a 32-bit kernel
  • You MUST replace DSDT to get sound and proper video working with this board.

If when you go to system profiler, your Audio device ID is not 12, then something's wrong.

I am using a custom DSDT (no speed step yet but hopefully soon) with an nVidia GTS 250 w/ 1 gig ram. See attached for that file and the compiler to make that file into a usable aml by your boot loaders (I'm using PC-EFI)

Once you install the DSDT, use Thijmus' AppleHDA kext to get the sound running. Should be as easy as that.

THANK YOU THIJMUS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND HELP!!!

Archive.zip

Thanks so much! I've built a couple of hackintosh machines since late 2007 using Kalyway on various Gigabyte boards from the P35 and 945 chipsets. Now after more than a year of absence, I'm back to building new ones using the EP45 and the G31M-ES2L using the boot -132 Retail Leopard.

I've been eyeing this thread for a while and been meaning to use this board, but this time I want to try Snow Leopard. I will also try to learn this DSDT thingee as I am pretty new to it.

Thanks Thijmus and everybody for sharing valuable information. I hope to post my progress here soon.

Thanks so much! I've built a couple of hackintosh machines since late 2007 using Kalyway on various Gigabyte boards from the P35 and 945 chipsets. Now after more than a year of absence, I'm back to building new ones using the EP45 and the G31M-ES2L using the boot -132 Retail Leopard.

I've been eyeing this thread for a while and been meaning to use this board, but this time I want to try Snow Leopard. I will also try to learn this DSDT thingee as I am pretty new to it.

Thanks Thijmus and everybody for sharing valuable information. I hope to post my progress here soon.

You are welcome..

there are already 3 people incl. me, who has this board running 100%

If you have any question we're happy to help you

T.

still not working, even changed USB stick...OMG :(:D:)

Ok, did you already try a different boot loader? like Chameleon or Pc-efi

Can you give me some more info; did you already install snow or are you still stuck with the restored snow 8gb flashdrive and installing the bootloader to the usb.

I changed my initial post with added info maybe it can help

T

Ok just got this motherboard today and have put all the components together.

Here's my set-up:

Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H (mobo)

LG Sata Super Multi-DVD Rewriter 22X with Light Scribe

Corsair HX620W (psu)

Corsair XMS2 2x1Gb DDR2 800

Q8400

Seagate 250Gb Sata

Western Digital 500Gb Sata

Inno3D iChill 8800GT 512mb

Thermaltake Lanbox

As I don't have time to set-up Snow Leopard retail on it yet, I did try to boot the machine. Take note that the Seagate 250Gb was my boot HD from my P35-DS4 Hackintosh before that was running Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 (before my mobo fried!).

Initially, I couldn't figure out why the machine wouldn't power up normally and would not even boot up to the BIOS as it would turn on and off continuously. So I took off the graphics card first to troubleshoot. I turned it on, powered up successfully and set up the the necessary BIOS settings. Rebooted into the verbose mode and voila, much to my surprise the machine booted into Leopard! Of course there wasn't any sound and Quartz Extreme is not supported and Core Image says "Software".

Certainly within the next few days, I will try to set-up Retail Snow Leopard then I will keep you guys posted with my progress.

Ok just got this motherboard today and have put all the components together.

Here's my set-up:

Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H (mobo)

LG Sata Super Multi-DVD Rewriter 22X with Light Scribe

Corsair HX620W (psu)

Corsair XMS2 2x1Gb DDR2 800

Q8400

Seagate 250Gb Sata

Western Digital 500Gb Sata

Inno3D iChill 8800GT 512mb

Thermaltake Lanbox

As I don't have time to set-up Snow Leopard retail on it yet, I did try to boot the machine. Take note that the Seagate 250Gb was my boot HD from my P35-DS4 Hackintosh before that was running Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 (before my mobo fried!).

Initially, I couldn't figure out why the machine wouldn't power up normally and would not even boot up to the BIOS as it would turn on and off continuously. So I took off the graphics card first to troubleshoot. I turned it on, powered up successfully and set up the the necessary BIOS settings. Rebooted into the verbose mode and voila, much to my surprise the machine booted into Leopard! Of course there wasn't any sound and Quartz Extreme is not supported and Core Image says "Software".

Certainly within the next few days, I will try to set-up Retail Snow Leopard then I will keep you guys posted with my progress.

That's nice

here are all the files needed for your system, with edited dsdt and smbios.plist

still without speed step but for that i need more info form your cpu

T

btw i forgot also edit com.apple.Boot.plist for your screen resolution

see attached images for different boot loader structure (first is boot-think, second is for Chameleon or pc-efi)

Ga_eg45m_ud2h_Custom.zip

post-157612-1258920456_thumb.png

post-157612-1258920465_thumb.png

Hi Thijmus,

I have the same mobo as you. Got video and ethernet working now in x64. Have you had any luck getting audio to work in x64 with the files you've posted above?

Hi there,

you can try Voodoohda it works in 64bit, i did not test it because i want my system to run in 32bit

There are more board's with alc889a 0x1458A102 id 12 like the GA-EP45-DS3R, GA-EX58-UD5 & ga-ex58-ud4p so maybe they have found a solution yet (like a legacyhda version)

T

Ok, did you already try a different boot loader? like Chameleon or Pc-efi

Can you give me some more info; did you already install snow or are you still stuck with the restored snow 8gb flashdrive and installing the bootloader to the usb.

I changed my initial post with added info maybe it can help

T

I tried this way http://lifehacker.com/5351485/how-to-build...start-to-finish it works some how, but it will stuck on the loading screen, do I have to make any change on any file? thanks for your help Thijmus.

I tried this way http://lifehacker.com/5351485/how-to-build...start-to-finish it works some how, but it will stuck on the loading screen, do I have to make any change on any file? thanks for your help Thijmus.

ok, that bootloader is pc-efi so delete al mkext.extensions and replace it with al my files, see previous post for structure

T