HELLFISH

HELLFISH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

How does sleep fail, what happens?

btw as for the temps i don't use a stock cooler

After adding P-states, system starts to sleep, but never fully enters S3. Instead, it shuts down the monitor, and system is unresponsive with fans/lights still going strong. HDD light doesn't flicker, and monitor stays blank. I have to power down.

I think this has to do with using your DSDT file, as I notice if I dump my own BOIS I have some extra devices and even different hex strings for systemmemory. I'm going to try do make my own system specific DSDT to overcome these problems. I'll let you know how I do, but for the time being, I can live with 50C cores and a perfect 10.6.2 install!

I'm using a Scythe Ninja, so I can imagine my temps with a stock.

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

After adding P-states, system starts to sleep, but never fully enters S3. Instead, it shuts down the monitor, and system is unresponsive with fans/lights still going strong. HDD light doesn't flicker, and monitor stays blank. I have to power down.

I think this has to do with using your DSDT file, as I notice if I dump my own BOIS I have some extra devices and even different hex strings for systemmemory. I'm going to try do make my own system specific DSDT to overcome these problems. I'll let you know how I do, but for the time being, I can live with 50C cores and a perfect 10.6.2 install!

post the new dsdt so i can test your version as well.
Maybe there's a difference when creating dsdt under windows or mac

T.

gonne reboot to get some bios pics (as you can see A sony cam)

Attached Files

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Looks like a very nice cooler

i'm using a Scythe Shuriken

T.

Attached Files

HELLFISH

HELLFISH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

post the new dsdt so i can test your version as well.
Maybe there's a difference when creating dsdt under windows or mac

T.

gonne reboot to get some bios pics (as you can see A sony cam)

Thanks for those pics. I verified my BIOS settings to be the same, except I use native mode on AHCI. But that setting doesn't matter (I tried Legacy setting as well).

But, I did figure out what is causing my sleep problems. It is my LG Blu-ray drive. I have an aluminum bezel over the front of the drive, so it matches my case (Lian Li 351). Looks very good, but I can not see the LED on the drive. I had the room dark, and when trying for sleep, I noticed that LED flashing like mad behind the bezel. SL was for some reason pulling the Blu-ray drive when attempting sleep. If I disconnect the drive, sleep just works!

I'll post my DSDT version when it's done, but it's going to take some time as 1. I'm a noob, and 2. i have a large project coming to a close at work thats going to demand some time.

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Thanks for those pics. I verified my BIOS settings to be the same, except I use native mode on AHCI. But that setting doesn't matter (I tried Legacy setting as well).

But, I did figure out what is causing my sleep problems. It is my LG Blu-ray drive. I have an aluminum bezel over the front of the drive, so it matches my case (Lian Li 351). Looks very good, but I can not see the LED on the drive. I had the room dark, and when trying for sleep, I noticed that LED flashing like mad behind the bezel. SL was for some reason pulling the Blu-ray drive when attempting sleep. If I disconnect the drive, sleep just works!

I'll post my DSDT version when it's done, but it's going to take some time as 1. I'm a noob, and 2. i have a large project coming to a close at work thats going to demand some time.

Ok!, that also happened to me :)
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=171929

As for most people here i'm also a noob, but with there help we can get it going.....

T.

HELLFISH

HELLFISH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Ok!, that also happened to me :)
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=171929

As for most people here i'm also a nob, but with there help we can get it going.....

T.

I don't know what to say Thijmus! You are my new best friend. Problem with my Blu-ray drive is now fixed (via uncheck sleep HDD box) and now everything is absolutely perfect! It's now snowing on my Lian Li! LOL!

One last problem... clock sync between Win7 and SL...

I'm going to try this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation
DWORD "RealTimeIsUniversal" = 1

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I don't know what to say Thijmus! You are my new best friend. Problem with my Blu-ray drive is now fixed (via uncheck sleep HDD box) and now everything is absolutely perfect! It's now snowing on my Lian Li! LOL!

One last problem... clock sync between Win7 and SL...

I'm going to try this:

That's great news

i created a complete new dsdt with the 4fe beta bios from windows can you test and compare it with what you extracted
edit my p-states before use, as you already have

thnx
T.

Attached Files

Gokuku

Gokuku

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I got froze @'Writing package receipt' on installing bootthink to my USB drive, any comments?

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I got froze @'Writing package receipt' on installing bootthink to my USB drive, any comments?

try partitioning usb drive in guid

T.

Gokuku

Gokuku

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

try partitioning usb drive in guid

T.

thanks, trying now.

another question Thijmus, 3 options when installing Bootthink, 1.boot0, 2.boot1, 3.EFI, should be all checked? ;)

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

thanks, trying now.

another question Thijmus, 3 options when installing Bootthink, 1.boot0, 2.boot1, 3.EFI, should be all checked? :D

only boot0 & boot1 or efi not both
the best way is boot0 & boot1, so you can edit.
when using efi function, the boot files get hidden on the efi partition

later on you can hide darwin

T.

Gokuku

Gokuku

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
here is a F3 bios with DELL SLIC 2.1 and AHCI 1.20 fast boot clean modified, TESTED OK! good for Windows 7 and OSX dual boot :D :) :whistle:

Attached Files

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

here is a F3 bios with DELL SLIC 2.1 and AHCI 1.20 fast boot clean modified, TESTED OK! good for Windows 7 and OSX dual boot :D :) :whistle:

where did you get this new bios?
also when we use a mod-bios we need a new dsdt

T.

btw please download new zip from first post

Gokuku

Gokuku

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

where did you get this new bios?
also when we use a mod-bios we need a new dsdt

T.

btw please download new zip from first post

then I gonna flash it back to original F3 bios, it works with your DSDT zip?

BTW: I am still using the onboard X4500HD video, is there any way to make it work on native 1080P resolution? :D I am a NOOB!!!

otherwise I will go for GIGABYTE GV-N96TSL-1GI

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

then I gonna flash it back to original F3 bios, it works with your DSDT zip?

try the beta version, also with ahci 1.20e
http://www.gigabyte....?ProductID=3021

T.

there's no support for x4500 in the dsdt, so i think your stuck at 1024x768
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=129744

Dsdt.aml without nvidia gpu

Attached Files

Gokuku

Gokuku

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

only boot0 & boot1 or efi not both
the best way is boot0 & boot1, so you can edit.
when using efi function, the boot files get hidden on the efi partition

later on you can hide darwin

T.

Bad luck!!! still stuck @"Writing package receipt" :lol: :lol: :blink: :( :( :(

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Bad luck!!! still stuck @"Writing package receipt" ;) :blink: :blink: :( :( :(

try installing on a different usb drive (fat32)
or re-download
you can also try pc-efi from netkas

jaybomba

jaybomba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Anything illegal and free. Anti-consumerism. Heretic.<br /><br />Rock climbing,...
I'm thinking of getting this motherboard in a few days. Just need know if you still don't have sound??? How about Bon Jour, Time Machine, firewire? Any other problems?

I'm thinking whether I should install Leopard or go jump for the Snow Leopard. I'm a video editor and would be running Final Cut Studio on this rig. I would appreciate any information.

Ok, after a few days working and reading about dsdt, i got a 100% working Snow 10.6.2 32bit system incl auto-sleep & time-machine

The system list:
Gigabyte Ga-eg45m-ud2h matx
Core duo E8500 3.16Ghz 1333mhz
Corsair 2x 2gb xsm2 800mhz ddr2
Nvidia 9600gt Evga ssc 512mb

Dsdt fixes: Speedstep, Nvidia Gpu, Time, Sleep, Usb, Rtc, Hdef, Sata, Apple Lpc & Pwr button

1. Restore the Snow dvd to a 8gb usb flash drive
2. Install Bootthink on the flash drive and copy Dsdt.aml, Smbios.plist & com.apple.boot.plist to Bootthink>Darwin
3. Copy the Fakesmc.kext, Applehda.kext, Realtekr1000SL.kext and Openhaltrestart.kext to Bootthink>Darwin>System>LibrarySL>Extensions
4. Boot from the Usb drive and install Snow (part. Hd in Guid)
5. Copy uuid info to Smbios and Platformuuid.kext (2 places)
6. Copy Platformuuid.kext with added uuid info to Bootthink>Darwin>System>LibrarySL>Extensions

Edit the dsdt for different nvidia card's (look for nvidia, it's only cosmetic)
system is working with x64 but the audio isn't working yet
Stil like to have audio 889a id 0x1458A102 layout 12 and network device id 0x8168 rtl8111dl in the dsdt
but he i'm not complaining
waking from sleep also works with keyboard/mouse

Questions?

T.

Edit:Ok it's in the wrong section must be in OSx86 Installation. :(

F4e Bios. second attempt got the new bios loaded better so now on the beta version (motherboard_bios_ga-eg45m-ud2h_f4e.exe)

with allot of help from MM67
New Dsdt with vanilla Speedstep, applelpc fix & sata fix (no need for IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext)

EDIT the P-states before using the Speedstep DSDT or use DSDT without (dsdt in "Ga-eg45m-ud2h Updated DSDT.zip" file is without speedstep)

idle temps now 38c

Compleet rebuild of DSDT from F4e Bios

tinush

tinush

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I'm thinking of getting this motherboard in a few days. Just need know if you still don't have sound??? How about Bon Jour, Time Machine, firewire? Any other problems?

I'm thinking whether I should install Leopard or go jump for the Snow Leopard. I'm a video editor and would be running Final Cut Studio on this rig. I would appreciate any information.

hi there,

sound network and final cut are running great, what i would like to see is; a complete vanilla system without any use of kext (everything via dsdt).
I did not test Bonjour yet but that depends on development/working of the realtecr1000sl.kext
other than that this board works 100% in Snow 32bit, it also run's fine in 64bit but the only problem for now is the applehda.kext because this is an older version for leopard.
when i have more time i can look into this (some other boards from gigabyte uses the same audio hardware look for alc889 0x1458A102 id 12)

T

crash_x

crash_x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
This thread and Thijmus were SUPER helpful and I now have this board fully working. A few important things to note:
  • You MUST (for the time being) be running on a 32-bit kernel
  • You MUST replace DSDT to get sound and proper video working with this board.

If when you go to system profiler, your Audio device ID is not 12, then something's wrong.

I am using a custom DSDT (no speed step yet but hopefully soon) with an nVidia GTS 250 w/ 1 gig ram. See attached for that file and the compiler to make that file into a usable aml by your boot loaders (I'm using PC-EFI)

Once you install the DSDT, use Thijmus' AppleHDA kext to get the sound running. Should be as easy as that.

THANK YOU THIJMUS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND HELP!!!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy