• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

Schmov17

Schmov17

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
SUCCESS! finally got everything up and working! audio, ethernet, graphics, well graphics i never did the updated EFI string so it doesnt display the proper model in about this mac, but it gives me dual display and full accel. graphics so im not gonna mess. Thanks so much to everyone for your help.

The new audio kexts juiceman provided still didnt work for mine oddly enough, but after countless tries scrounging around different boards and trying different versions i found one that worked for me, I'm attaching it in case anyone else has been having such problems. i just used the b7 kext helper to install. to make sure it installed correctly i deleted the three files from S/L/E, repaired permissions, installed, repaired permissions again and then rebooted. dont know if you need to do it but id do it that way to stay on the safe side. hope this helps anyone else that was having audio woes

working audio - Attached File  Working_Audio_Kexts.zip   689.88KB   112 downloads

branman2000

branman2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Okay, i used a brand new Imac to format my hdd and install snowleopard to. its fully updated and everything (the Imac). this time the install actaully worked, and i was able to pull up the boot loader, but i cant do anything from there. single user mode loads up to a point, then reloads the message "still wating for the root device". normal mode wont run at all, i get the apple symbol with a circle and a line over it. >.< im stuck.

Anyone got any ideas?

bernfeld

bernfeld

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I think my guide is so far more simplified and gives a cleaner install of snow. I wrote it on projectosx forums: http://www.projectos...;st=0#entry3173

Any suggestions

ninjagaiden

ninjagaiden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay folks. After a weekend's graft I got Snow working on my DX58SO in 64 bit, and I thought I might share my experiences. I spent a lot of time working out steps 2 and 3 below!

I went out and bought EXACTLY the same hardware as Juiceman.

1. I installed iAtkos 5i as per juiceman's instructions - worked first time.

2. I did not get the Snow Leopard installer to work until I ensured that the target drive for the Snow Install was on Sata port 0. On your Mobo SATA port zero is the one that is closest to the CPU. Up until then I kept getting 'Boot1: Error' messages. You'll know it is going to work when your target drive appears first in the list for HFS formatted target volumes on the patcher script.

3. In order to get 64bit network support, I replaced all the copies of 82566mm.kext in the dx58 mobo patcher with a 64bit compiled version from Dvl (see post #5 in this forum):

http://www.infinitem...w-anyone-t3829/

3. On the DX58 Mobo patcher script, I ran the items 2-6 individually, so that I could ensure that each step executed correctly.

4. I used install type : system partition, Chameleon 2 RC3, and then followed Juiceman's instructions to the letter.

As a result I have 64 bit mode, video sound and networking all working okay. System reports 4 cores and 6 gigs memory. I've yet to install critical apps but it all looks sweet so far.

Out of interest I have snow leopard running on an AData 12Gig RAM boot drive - booting from silicon is insanely fast!

Thanks again to Juiceman, DD, and everyone on the insanelymac forum

Juiceman

Juiceman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Okay folks. After a weekend's graft I got Snow working on my DX58SO in 64 bit, and I thought I might share my experiences. I spent a lot of time working out steps 2 and 3 below..... etc...

hell yeah! glad to hear you got it working for you

dcicconejr

dcicconejr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I never was able to get it working last week and had to give up for a while. If i had internet and sound working i couldn't get my monitors working. and then sometimes id have my monitors working and no net or sound. There any way of updating this to pc efi v10.4.1? I tried doing it myself but apparently did it wrong. I think it may have an update that will get my monitors working.

thanks

dcicconejr

dcicconejr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Can anyone explain why with Leopard all I had to do was a Vanilla install, run the 5.7 update, run Chameleon DFE for Hard Disk, drop in voodoo and intel82566mm in extentions, run one ati package from netkas and that was it? literally. No terminal commands no commands at boot up.....nothing else.
WHat is the magic in the Chameleon DFE for Hard Disk pkg?? Who made it?? Were there updates to this thing and will there be one for SL? I find it around the net but not on Chameleons site. I think it was made by Kalyway. Anyone know what the story is with this thing?

deven_suicidal

deven_suicidal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Bro
will this works on all X58 mobos???
i'm planing to get EVGA/DFI/MSI

Juiceman

Juiceman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Bro
will this works on all X58 mobos???
i'm planing to get EVGA/DFI/MSI

For the most part this will work on most X58 motherboards. You might have a to change a few kext around to accommodate your Sound and Ethernet, but this patcher is designed for X58 Motherboards.

ninjagaiden

ninjagaiden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Guys,

Is it okay to install 10.6.1 software update? Ive used the install to system partition (/extra) in the install script. Don't want to mess anything up as it is running great at the moment.

Thx

Juiceman

Juiceman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Guys,

Is it okay to install 10.6.1 software update? Ive used the install to system partition (/extra) in the install script. Don't want to mess anything up as it is running great at the moment.

Thx

I haven't tried to update with the /extra install. I have only installed sl using the EFI partion. I installed iAtkos with the /extra install type but was not able to update, that could also be because it was iAtkos though. I have a feeling that you will not be able to update, but I could be completely wrong. If anybody else knows the answer to this question please reply, so that we all can know.

-Juiceman

alch555

alch555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

-First of all you are going to want 2 hard drives, this doesn't mean 2 partions, but 2 physical hard drives, we will call the hardrive that will ultimately have SL on it your primary drive and we will call the other your secondary drive, this will have iAtkos or any other previous version of leopard on it.

How to install SL with only one blank HDD? It`s possible?

My conf:
Proc - Core i7
MB - DX58SO
VC - Palit 4870

ninjagaiden

ninjagaiden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

How to install SL with only one blank HDD? It`s possible?

You really need two hard drives to get this working. iPC have a LiveDVD which lets you boot into a Mac Os install from a dual layer DVD.

I don't know but perhaps you could install from this, and copy your snow leopard disc image onto a usb drive.

hth

alch555

alch555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

You really need two hard drives to get this working.

Ok, I`ll try it. One more question: how to install correct driver for my VC (Palit HD4870). I mean, during installation or later? In screenshot last card is HD 3800.Attached File  VC.JPG   19.34KB   2 downloads

Juiceman

Juiceman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Ok, I`ll try it. One more question: how to install correct driver for my VC (Palit HD4870). I mean, during installation or later? In screenshot last card is HD 3800.Attached File  VC.JPG   19.34KB   2 downloads

Somebody posted about getting your card to work on 10.5.8 will possibly work for snow leopard as well
Link

ArcticPro

ArcticPro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a problem installing onto EFI partition, only /System works for me. Anyone else have that issue? I've tried and searched everything. It just has boot1 errors.

Also has anyone gotten software raid to work either? I really need to use my two drives in raid0 as boot for OS.

Thanks for all the help everyone. This community is great. ;)

zengine

zengine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same issue. I cannot use EFI. When i do i get the boot0: error messages. I have set my install drive to sata port 0, and sata to AHCI but still no go.

Schmov17

Schmov17

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I am currently posting this from my freshly updated 10.6.1 /extra install, so i can testify that you are in fact able to install any and all updates once you get everything installed and working.

Attached Files

Drewboy42002

Drewboy42002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hello, I also have the DX58so and have been trying for 5 days now to get it installed. I had leopard running for months and ended up formating that also in trying to get SL to work. Im working from ideneb now to get sl installed if that matters for any of the problems im having.

When I use the DX motherboard patcher and choose EFI partition it goes right past the run kext/kernal installer to the DSDT patcher. If i click on the kext/kernal installer manually it tells me the boot loader was not installed. I can install it 10 more times and it still says it wasnt installed. It reads underneath that there is no extra directory on the drives-efi also. The efi drive it makes sits empty always.

When i choose system partition install, im able to run the kext/kernal installer but it reads there are no kernals present to install. I go to the installers kernal folder and there are several in there. If I knew what kernals to use, how and where to put them id do it myself at this point and not use the installer.

Does anyone have any idea why im having these dead ends on both installs? Ive tried what i feel has been every combination of things to get them to work the last few days. If its possible id prefer to manually place the kernals and kexts to get this to work. I did that with my leopard install a few months ago and it seemed a lot easier than using these installer programs.

I tried to just go back to leopard and move on but i cant even get that running again. I know i had to do a 5.7 combo update along with the other kexts and bootloaders but every time i open any kind of update on ideneb it crashes it. So im unable to install it on my leopard drive. I cant remember how i got the update installed. I know that the update is critical for leopard to work on an i7 board supposedly. I always saw it listed as Graphics update on peoples lists of needed files for getting leopard to work. Unless i mixed it up with something else.

thanks for any help

I had the same problem. just finish and restart then use the patch again and open the Kext installer to change everything.

$P@RT@N

$P@RT@N

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

ive got my install up and running on an MBR. for a while i even had a multi boot system on a macbook with MBR

??? hello can you explain to me how did you do that because when you format on MBR then you cant choose the snow leopard to install because is a MBR format, i appreciatte if you explain me how did you solve the boot problem ( boot 0:.... ) please help me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy