Radeon HD 5870 / HD 5850

ixxxion

614 posts in this topic

Why my DisplayPort don't work yet?

I use 10.6.7 MBP kext and GE=No, the Ioreg showing ActiveFlags !=1 but the monitor still black (out of signal)

Same here.. Sapphire HD 5850 got it working with Chimera bootloader (included in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url])

- Display Port recognizes that some thing was plugged in, but has a black screen

- DVI with a resolution above 1920x1080 is just working if you plug out the DVI cable and plug it back in after every boot :/

/Edit: this issue occurs just with 10.6.8 (in 10.6.7 or lower the Display Port works like a charm, copying the 10.6.7 kext file to 10.6.8 causes infinite booting with no result [-v shows a bunch of error messages due to the kext file])

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

On the Lion GM, The Dvd Player and Geekbench crash with my 5850 Extreme.

Steam games does not start, but Starcraft II did (i have a full QE/CI).

I tried to turn GraphicEnabler to Yes but Lion crash on boot.

Any solution ?

Thanks !

Hi,

Any solution ?

Thanks !

same issue, i got Geekbench to work using aty_init in safe mode (-x). It crashes otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

Any solution ?

Thanks !

10.7.2 ! Thanks to calvintml on Netkas for leading me to this, has got my 5850 box back to where it was with Snow Leopard, ie fixed these crashes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello everyone changed one of my two displays to a bigger one. Went from 22" to 27" but I don't get signal now. Everything seems fine during boot both displays are on, but the bigger one goes dark saying "no signal" at the login window. If at that point I unplug and plug the DVI cable back in the display works fine. I tried to google around but could not figure it out any advice? Would I fix it if I would buy a display port cable?

I am on 10.7.3 and with a Ati Sapphire 5870.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone changed one of my two displays to a bigger one. Went from 22" to 27" but I don't get signal now. Everything seems fine during boot both displays are on, but the bigger one goes dark saying "no signal" at the login window. If at that point I unplug and plug the DVI cable back in the display works fine. I tried to google around but could not figure it out any advice? Would I fix it if I would buy a display port cable?

I am on 10.7.4 and with a Ati Sapphire 5870.

Thanks

I too am running 10.7.3 and have had issues with my XFX 5870 working with triple head all the way back to 10.6. I have 3 displays. Two displays only have HDMI connections and the third is DVI. The 2 HDMI displays are hooked up to HDMI, DP (through active DP->HDMI adapter) and DVI on the third.

On some boots all 3 displays work. Most of the time though, only 2 displays are enabled. When this occurs, System Profiler shows 3 displays connected and correctly identifies the third display. I have tried changing resolution to trigger the display to come back, with no luck. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable, in vain. I have removed all connecters from the video card and replaced them in different orders, only to fail.

One thing I have noticed is, when I do disconnect cables from the video card, only the first 2 displays I connect show a picture, no matter which connection it is. Order only matters.

Someone, please rescue me from this grotesque inconvenience.

Also, does anyone know why the OS stutters whenever a connected display is turned off? This has always happened to me on every system I have install Mac OS X on all the way back to Leopard. This is especially annoying!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello together, I'm also suffering from the 2 of 3 display problem. Before last week i had a 5870 eyefinity 6 witch worked fine, but now i changed to a Powercolor 5870 PSD 1024MB and always one display is not working correct with 10.7.3. Does somebody have a tip for me ?!? I'm using 2xDVI 1xDP.