HP Mini 311 - Project Thread (Part I - OLD)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
676 replies to this topic

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

Thank you supervisa... Now that InsanelyMac is back up I can update the top post...

In LEO is the 4312 recognized as a third party card?

I am running Apple's BCM4321 on my toshiba.

They may have dropped support for the 4312 in 10.6?!?! Or possibly the vendor/device ID combo.

I am also running a Linksys BCM4318 under LEO on my server (for testing) without issue in 10.6.

Based on:

03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g [14e4:4315] (rev 01)

You may want to try Method DGTP in your DSDT to reflect 14e4:4318 (this is a known good 10.6 compatible combo used by myself).

One my device arrives I will be testing 14e4:4328 (known good N/5Ghz 10.6 compatible combo) for my Wireless N. Since it has already been tested to work with the 43xx windows driver it may do the trick...

For graphics, can you try using NVenabler (no cfg package) from osx86project (google it) without the EFI string present? Then export your IOregistry for us if it works fine (which is very likely) then we can take that data and move it into the DSDT or if it is just a matter of the NVCAP being wrong then just take it from there once booted and add it to your EFI string as a custom NVCAP. We may just need to use NVenabler if it works and forget about the EFI string/DSDT fix since it does some other magic I am not familiar with to help suspend, external displays and other things apparently. They are sharp developers.

I may have something of value to contribute for a change! I've found that the static issue relates to to the sampling rate and the bit rate pretty heavily. At least, that's been my experience. You can pretty much resolve it (unless your speaker is actually blown out) by opening Audio Midi Setup and changes your sampling rate to either 44.1Khz or 48Khz (nowadays I'd go with 48) and your bit rate to 16. That pretty much gets rid of the static for me.

HOWEVER, I say that in regards to when my audio did work. Since the vanilla install I cannot, for the life of me, get any version (and I've tried more than I can count on my fingers) of VoodooHDA to actually work. It worked fine with the iDeneb install, but with a vanilla install I just get kextload link/load errors for it (and for VoodooBattery, too, but battery levels are accurately reported anyway so I don't care about that). Anyone have any idea why a vanilla install might throw kextload link/load errors when audio worked fine with iDeneb?

Great post! It may be possible that this hardware has a 16bit DAC and that will solve your issue completely. As for the sample rate... I spend a lot of time working with audio and will tell you that 44.1Khz was adopted for music production, 48Khz ended up being widely adopted for broadcast production. Nowadays these are quite obsolete however think of what you will spend most of your time doing and choose from there if you want to prevent cheap audio hardware from attempting to resample on the fly.

adachis

adachis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Do/did you have sound working in 10.5.8? I can get it through iDeneb, but not through the vanilla install. I get kextload link/load errors. I don't know why. Do you suppose it's DSDT-related? I don't really know what I'm talking about in regards to DSDT but from what I've read and experienced while trying to blindly get it working that it's related.

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts
Just a quick though, has everyone ensured their DSDT files are preventing RTC corruption? It may not sting you today or tomorrow but you will want to verify your RTC device has the correct values in your DSDT.

It would suck if one of us got burned on this. I have yet to receive my device but should be soon. We may not be susceptible to this depending on what HP set in their DSDT before shipping, but you may want to double check.

If someone could upload a stock DSDT extraction (using DSDTSE preferred) I could take a look, remove some unneeded interrupts, apply the RTC fix and add Method DGTP for starters. Maybe provide visibility to the PCI bus components among other tweaks we will eventually want.

PZZ

PZZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I may have something of value to contribute for a change! I've found that the static issue relates to to the sampling rate and the bit rate pretty heavily. At least, that's been my experience. You can pretty much resolve it (unless your speaker is actually blown out) by opening Audio Midi Setup and changes your sampling rate to either 44.1Khz or 48Khz (nowadays I'd go with 48) and your bit rate to 16. That pretty much gets rid of the static for me.

HOWEVER, I say that in regards to when my audio did work. Since the vanilla install I cannot, for the life of me, get any version (and I've tried more than I can count on my fingers) of VoodooHDA to actually work. It worked fine with the iDeneb install, but with a vanilla install I just get kextload link/load errors for it (and for VoodooBattery, too, but battery levels are accurately reported anyway so I don't care about that). Anyone have any idea why a vanilla install might throw kextload link/load errors when audio worked fine with iDeneb?

Excellent suggestion..it seemed to work at first but after reboot it is still staticy. It may be my speaker(s) or a faulty driver somewhere. I wish we could compare audio driver versions/dates.

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

Excellent suggestion..it seemed to work at first but after reboot it is still staticy. It may be my speaker(s) or a faulty driver somewhere. I wish we could compare audio driver versions/dates.

Try the VoodooHDA that I uploaded on the top post. It is currnetly maintaned by slice... I am adding details...

PZZ

PZZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Howdy 311 Gang,

Well as promised, here is my working custom EFI string for the ion.

540200000100000001000000480200000d0...

I've finally got things running at 1360x768. The EFI string superviza provided does work.

When I used it and rebooted I got the normal black screen of death. No picture but it seemed the desktop was up and running. So this time I reboot into single user mode and removed all the GeForce* and NVDA* kexts from System/Library/Extensions....cleared the cache and viola..I now have full resolution (No QE/Core Image).

superviza

superviza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 198 posts

Just a quick though, has everyone ensured their DSDT files are preventing RTC corruption? It may not sting you today or tomorrow but you will want to verify your RTC device has the correct values in your DSDT.

It would suck if one of us got burned on this. I have yet to receive my device but should be soon. We may not be susceptible to this depending on what HP set in their DSDT before shipping, but you may want to double check.

If someone could upload a stock DSDT extraction (using DSDTSE preferred) I could take a look, remove some unneeded interrupts, apply the RTC fix and add Method DGTP for starters. Maybe provide visibility to the PCI bus components among other tweaks we will eventually want.

Good thinking !

Here is my DSDT that i just extracted via DSDTSE.

It would be greate if you could have a look and make any specific changes for my 311 :(

I just download NVEnabler, Ill load in the Kext now and report back :)

Great post! It may be possible that this hardware has a 16bit DAC and that will solve your issue completely. As for the sample rate... I spend a lot of time working with audio and will tell you that 44.1Khz was adopted for music production, 48Khz ended up being widely adopted for broadcast production. Nowadays these are quite obsolete however think of what you will spend most of your time doing and choose from there if you want to prevent cheap audio hardware from attempting to resample on the fly.

You little ripper ! :)

We have QE liftoff !

The NVEnabler Probe failed (according to the console output) However I think it just failed to identify the card.

Once the GUI loaded, I had a transparent menu bar and "Pond" effect when dropping Widgets on the dashboard.

Overall it has made it alot more snappier.

Attached is my IO export as requested.

About My Mac reports unknown card:

Unknown nVidia card:

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia card

Type: GPU

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x087f

Revision ID: 0x00b1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1366 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Display Connector:

Console output form kext load is below:

12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler: probe : probe
12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler: False ROM signature: 0xd3d6
12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler: False ROM signature: 0x00b4
12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler: DEBUG Model found: Unknown nVidia cardNVEnabler: DEBUG VRAM: 256NVEnabler: DEBUG Setting property @0,device_type
12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler: DEBUG Setting property @0,display-cfg
12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler: DEBUG Setting property @1,name
12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler: DEBUG Setting property @1,device_type
12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler: DEBUG Setting property @1,display-cfg
12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler: DEBUG Setting property device_type
12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler: DEBUG Setting property @0,compatible
12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler: DEBUG Setting property @1,compatible
12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler: DEBUG Setting property @0,name
12/10/09 12:54:50 PM kernel NVEnabler::probe fails

However im sure we can get it recognized by adding the device identifiers somewhere ?

Do you think we will be able to get this moved over to the DSST ?

I've finally got things running at 1360x768. The EFI string superviza provided does work.

When I used it and rebooted I got the normal black screen of death. No picture but it seemed the desktop was up and running. So this time I reboot into single user mode and removed all the GeForce* and NVDA* kexts from System/Library/Extensions....cleared the cache and viola..I now have full resolution (No QE/Core Image).

I was just able to get QE running with no EFI string (NVEnabler.kext)

System pro filer reports correct info however flags it as unknown card type howeer QE is active and ram (256mb) is detected correctly.

Lets hope we can get this over to DSDT :)

Attached is the NVEnabler kext used.

Attached Files

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

Thanks supervisa! Thats great news...

I think I'll call it a night soon... The stock DSDT has 37 warnings I would like to clean up... HP did the right thing on the RTC device and all the IRQs are set up right, so thats good as well.

Once I get this compiled, I'll add Method DGTP and post it, then start looking into WiFi options. I hope we can get somewhere on that one soon, everybody needs WiFi on a netbook!

The graphics are a go for the moment as you confirmed (we'll need to circle back around to it), just not identified as we'd like them to be (yes, native DSDT would be nicer and we'll have to give it a go now that we have more information). I haven't had to remove any other kext to use NVenabler on 2 other systems with 10.6, maybe make sure you don't have any other modified graphic kext and/or enablers?!? Have you tried booting with HDMI or VGA connected with NVenabler? I think its supposed to do well with that as well.

This is turning out to be possibly one of the best devices for Mac OS X (assuming we can get WiFi on 10.6)

I've added the Voodoo HDA and PS2 driver to the top post for testing if anyone is interested. They are the latest available. I'll add NVenabler as well now.

Need to digest this (usually not difficult, just time consuming):

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20090730 [Aug 12 2009]
Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 838: Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1080 - Reserved method must return a value ^ (_WAK)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 1257: And (CTRL, 0x0C)
Warning 1105 - Result is not used, operator has no effect ^

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3309: If (LOr (MP0P (Local6), MP1P (Local6)))
Warning 1092 - Called method may not always return a value ^

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3309: If (LOr (MP0P (Local6), MP1P (Local6)))

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3311: Multiply (MCRS (Local6), 0x08000000, BF0F)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3313: If (MPCR (Local6))

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3315: If (MP0P (Local6))

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3317: If (MP1P (Local6))

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3328: If (MP0P (Local6))

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3330: Store (MP0N (Local6), Local5)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3334: If (MP1P (Local6))

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3336: Store (MP1N (Local6), Local5)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3340: If (LGreater (BNKN, MCDB (Local5)))

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3342: Store (MCDB (Local5), BNKN)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3345: If (LLess (BNKX, MCDB (Local5)))

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3347: Store (MCDB (Local5), BNKX)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3350: If (LGreater (COLN, MCDC (Local5)))

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3352: Store (MCDC (Local5), COLN)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3355: If (LLess (COLX, MCDC (Local5)))

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3357: Store (MCDC (Local5), COLX)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3398: Method (MP0P, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (MP0P)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3426: Method (MP1P, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (MP1P)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3454: Method (MPCR, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (MPCR)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3482: Method (MP0N, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (MP0N)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3510: Method (MP1N, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (MP1N)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3538: Method (MCRB, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (MCRB)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3566: Method (MCRS, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (MCRS)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3594: Method (MCDB, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (MCDB)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3617: Method (MCDC, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (MCDC)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3900: Method (WMNV, 3, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (WMNV)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 10431: Store (Package (0x02)
Warning 1099 - Statement is unreachable ^

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 10901: Method (_HOT, 0, Serialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (_HOT)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 10901: Method (_HOT, 0, Serialized)
Warning 1080 - Reserved method must return a value ^ (_HOT)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 10909: Method (_CRT, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (_CRT)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 10909: Method (_CRT, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning 1080 - Reserved method must return a value ^ (_CRT)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 10937: Method (_PSV, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (_PSV)

/Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 10937: Method (_PSV, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning 1080 - Reserved method must return a value ^ (_PSV)

ASL Input: /Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 10992 lines, 338518 bytes, 4372 keywords
AML Output: /Library/DSDT/DSDTFiles/./dsdt.aml - 38943 bytes, 1414 named objects, 2958 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 37 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 14 Optimizations

superviza

superviza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 198 posts

Thanks supervisa! Thats great news...

I think I'll call it a night soon... The stock DSDT has 37 warnings I would like to clean up... HP did the right thing on the RTC device and all the IRQs are set up right, so thats good as well.

Once I get this compiled, I'll add Method DGTP and post it, then start looking into WiFi options. I hope we can get somewhere on that one soon, everybody needs WiFi on a netbook!

The graphics are a go for the moment as you confirmed (we'll need to circle back around to it), just not identified as we'd like them to be (yes, native DSDT would be nicer and we'll have to give it a go now that we have more information). I haven't had to remove any other kext to use NVenabler on 2 other systems with 10.6, maybe make sure you don't have any other modified graphic kext and/or enablers?!? Have you tried booting with HDMI or VGA connected with NVenabler? I think its supposed to do well with that as well.

This is turning out to be possibly one of the best devices for Mac OS X (assuming we can get WiFi on 10.6)

I've added the Voodoo HDA and PS2 driver to the top post for testing if anyone is interested. They are the latest available. I'll add NVenabler as well now.

Thats great, thanks for all your support so far, getting QE working is a major step, once we get Wifi support in 10.6, It will be usable and I can ditch Windows 7 !

On a side note, I have tried the VoodooHDA that you listed and i still suffer static (even after changing to 44.1 and 16bit)

Look forward to working with you to get some more functionality !

Talk soon,

Superviza

(out of interest, what country are you located? Im in Australia myself.)

superviza

superviza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 198 posts

RE: Wireless being detected as 3rd Party in Leo

Correct, With a Leo install on the 311, it detects the BCM decive as 3rd party.

Lightsout565

Lightsout565

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Can anyone confirm that the standard 802.11G card will work? I just decided to get the G and no bluetooth.

drywall

drywall

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I haven't checked yet but it's acting like the Mini 5101 so I'm going to hazard a guess here (and will report back with factual information later when I can test this). It looks like the audio control is limited to being controlled through the VoodooHDA preference pane. That means volume adjustments, but I think you have to set the output in Sound actually. I don't remember so this is turning into a pretty useless post. But my guess is yes, it will work, but it's not as seamless as it could be. I'd bet there are some work arounds and someone smarter than me with this stuff could make some suggestions. I thought I saw some software recently that lets you switch inputs and outputs from the menu bar. I believe it may have been SoundSource (http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies). There's also some other app that I have that has a star for an icon that I believe is for making the function keys, well, function properly. I'll check on that when I get back, too. But I think manual switching will let you use the headphone port no problem. I'll post back with evidence later (unless somebody beats me to it).

I'm sure this is low on most people's priority lists, but... anyone had a chance to check this out further? Are adachis' suspicions correct?

John Allen

John Allen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am currently working on an Acer Aspire R1600 which also has an Atom and the ION chipset. I have been using Netbook Installer, but am having not luck getting Snow Leopard installed. Since the hardware is so close to a 311, I am going to attempt to use the files and suggestions from this post.

I have been logging my experiences here:

http://code.google.c.....mary Modified

If anyone has any other suggestions about the feasibility of this, please let me know.

adachis

adachis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

I'm sure this is low on most people's priority lists, but... anyone had a chance to check this out further? Are adachis' suspicions correct?

Yes :). Sorry, I forgot to post back. They're correct. Currently I get no sound with my current vanilla install, even with the new kext theproto posted, so I'm trying to figure out why that is but under iDeneb I have sound and that's the case. Others have been reporting issues with static. When I reduce the bit rate to 16 and the sampling rate to 44.1 or 48.0 kHz as well as the max output volume a little, I don't have that problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case all-around.

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

Thats great, thanks for all your support so far, getting QE working is a major step, once we get Wifi support in 10.6, It will be usable and I can ditch Windows 7 !

On a side note, I have tried the VoodooHDA that you listed and i still suffer static (even after changing to 44.1 and 16bit)

Look forward to working with you to get some more functionality !

Talk soon,

Superviza

(out of interest, what country are you located? Im in Australia myself.)

I'm in the US actually... Moved from Canada...

Just got home... I think tonight I'll try getting the DSDT compiled without warnings and add Method DGTP, upload it and start trying looking at what it might take to get WiFi to be recognized via DSDT.

We might also want to see what it would take to have the OS recognize the CPU as an "Intel Core Solo" as it is the lowest grade CPU (single core, 32-bit much like ours) that comes close to what we have that is supported natively by the OS. Then Silverlight and other apps that check for the CPU can be installed. I know there is already some work being done on that front elsewhere for other procs. We should tap into it too... I have read the DSDT can have tabled for this as well as the SMBIOS depending on the loader. Cham RC3 special builds by DigitalDJ and fassl already have primitive support...

To clarify... I'm not talking cosmetics on the CPU but actual SMBIOS needing to report that it is an Intel proc to some applications.

Lightsout565

Lightsout565

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
My 311 is leaving Shanghai tomorrow. So until then keep up the great work!

superviza

superviza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 198 posts

I'm in the US actually... Moved from Canada...

Just got home... I think tonight I'll try getting the DSDT compiled without warnings and add Method DGTP, upload it and start trying looking at what it might take to get WiFi to be recognized via DSDT.

We might also want to see what it would take to have the OS recognize the CPU as an "Intel Core Solo" as it is the lowest grade CPU (single core, 32-bit much like ours) that comes close to what we have that is supported natively by the OS. Then Silverlight and other apps that check for the CPU can be installed. I know there is already some work being done on that front elsewhere for other procs. We should tap into it too... I have read the DSDT can have tabled for this as well as the SMBIOS depending on the loader. Cham RC3 special builds by DigitalDJ and fassl already have primitive support...

To clarify... I'm not talking cosmetics on the CPU but actual SMBIOS needing to report that it is an Intel proc to some applications.

Good Morning from Australia !

I'm now at work with my 311 on my desk awaiting any goodies you may have for me to try out !

We got QE yesterday, lets hope today yields another big step :)

Thanks again,

Superviza

EDIT: I thought I would mention that the DSDT dump I gave you was using the stock F.02 Bios that my 311 shipped with.

I haven't updated to F.04 for a couple of reasons.

My 311 Model number is 311-1005TU, its hard to find anything specific to that model on the HP website closest is 1007TU. (Im worried about flashing bios that I'm not 100% sure its for my model given that it was purchased in Thailand and warranty may be iffy)

There only seems to be a Windows XP loader at the moment and I have W7 and OSX

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

Good Morning from Australia !

I'm now at work with my 311 on my desk awaiting any goodies you may have for me to try out !

We got QE yesterday, lets hope today yields another big step :)

Thanks again,

Superviza

EDIT: I thought I would mention that the DSDT dump I gave you was using the stock F.02 Bios that my 311 shipped with.

Good point... I just assumed HP would be shipping devices with the latest... However the latest came out mid Sept. Can you update and extract? They usually make many changes on new devices right after release and this won't help anyone if its the wrong version. Its on the HP site.

I'm working on the CPU piece as that can be tested on any system. My unit should be arriving this week... Apparently it was tuck in China all weekend!

superviza

superviza

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 198 posts

Good point... I just assumed HP would be shipping devices with the latest... However the latest came out mid Sept. Can you update and extract? They usually make many changes on new devices right after release and this won't help anyone if its the wrong version. Its on the HP site.

I'm working on the CPU piece as that can be tested on any system. My unit should be arriving this week... Apparently it was tuck in China all weekend!

Do you think its safe using the bios for 311-1007TU on a 311-1005TU ?

Do you think the XP update utility will be ok to use in Windows 7 ?

EDIT: Bit the bullet and used the XP updater in W7.. All went perfectly !

New DSDT attached for F.04 :(

Please let me know if there is anything you would like me to try RE Wireless etc.

Attached Files

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

Do you think its safe using the bios for 311-1007TU on a 311-1005TU ?

Do you think the XP update utility will be ok to use in Windows 7 ?

Do you know if this board is using PHOENIX BIOS? If so I would say yes without hesitation since it is the same flashing binaries across all their lines using PHOENIX.

As far as in-line model variations, they all use the same firmware, in fact, its more so based on the chipset for HP, they often share firmware across lines as well if they are within the same chipset.

If it is using PHOENIX, then HP's WinFlash utility detects the firmware's compatibility with the signed payload in the package.

Now, they have been known to release lower-end desktops here and there under the Compaq name brand using AMI or AWARD BIOS, and I cannot speak to that one at all and would run far away from anything HP didn't specify they supported.

Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy