• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

DigitalDJ

DigitalDJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

I tried to remove the check, it installs with an error and when i tried to open it it didn't work. I could't find a workaround for VMware fusion (which is the one I prefer despite the lack of performance in contrast to parallels)

I am attaching both the sysgrep and the sysprofiler. Note my CPU is overclocked, therefore the 3.35 is a valid argument in the speed. Even under normal CPU clock I still get the same problem, therefore I don't think it is connected to the fact it is overclocked at all.

I've tried to bump it from macpro 2,1 to 5,1 and no results. Didn't think of doing anything with the BIOS. I will try that.

You're using a MacBookPro SMBIOS with a Desktop CPU. Might have something to do with it, might not.

imacken

imacken

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

I tried to remove the check, it installs with an error and when i tried to open it it didn't work. I could't find a workaround for VMware fusion (which is the one I prefer despite the lack of performance in contrast to parallels)

Depends on the version, but here goes.
1) You have to copy the 'Install VMWare Fusion.app' to desktop
2) then select 'show package contents', go to 'contents/resources/Install VMWare Fusion.pkg'
3) then select 'show package contents', go to 'contents/resources'. Delete 'InstallationCheck' and you should be OK to go!

molokinhu

molokinhu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

You're using a MacBookPro SMBIOS with a Desktop CPU. Might have something to do with it, might not.

I don't think it does. Because my leopard also stated as "macpro". But I will try with an iMac smbios.
Heading out to work. I will give it a whirl later.
Thanks for your help, I will let you know the results!

Depends on the version, but here goes.
1) You have to copy the 'Install VMWare Fusion.app' to desktop
2) then select 'show package contents', go to 'contents/resources/Install VMWare Fusion.pkg'
3) then select 'show package contents', go to 'contents/resources'. Delete 'InstallationCheck' and you should be OK to go!

This is the error i get (Check attached image)

Attached Files

babadu

babadu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

I have T6500 C2D @ 2.1 on OS X 10.6, and the cpu is now correctly recognized by the OS. By the way those this have any effect on the use of "cpus=1" b/c I still receive KP without it?

thanks

MeAngry

MeAngry

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
No it doesn't. You'll need to edit your DSDT to get cpus=1 fixed for your machine. But there are other topics covering that subject. :wacko:

I still have panics with v1.1 of this extension. I also tried using Local-Root, but that doesn't make a difference. I'm not using anything like NullCPUPowerManagement, but fixed my HPET using DSDT, could that be causing the troubles? I still find it a bit awkward that everything does work OK when I use the -v option. I'm not sure what causes it to fix it.

cparm

cparm

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 997 posts
it's works well with my C2D :D

ps: as The King noticed Reggie_SE still say "unknown processor type"

morfy

morfy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
Work on my system :D Thx very much!

undo_undo

undo_undo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
I have put the kext in /E/E in EFI partition and it works for me.

imacken

imacken

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

This is the error i get (Check attached image)

Can't really help with that one. Are you trying to load an existing VM from a previous version or from Parallels or is this one you are trying to create?

el_charlie

el_charlie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
Hey, works great for me on EFI partition!!!

Thanks!

I actually installed Parallels 5 beta and works like a charm with a Windows 7 virtual machine, including AERO effects!

For the guy that has problem with VM/Parallels: Make sure virtualization is enabled on BIOS (Intel VT). Otherwise it won't work.

Cheers!

imacken

imacken

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

I actually installed Parallels 5 beta and works like a charm with a Windows 7 virtual machine, including AERO effects!

For the guy that has problem with VM/Parallels: Make sure virtualization is enabled on BIOS (Intel VT). Otherwise it won't work.

Fusion 3 also has Aero and works well with W7, I believe!

molokinhu

molokinhu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Can't really help with that one. Are you trying to load an existing VM from a previous version or from Parallels or is this one you are trying to create?

Hi iMacken.
I fooled around with all sorts of settings yesterday. Changed BIOS version, changed date on the BIOS.
Used different mac models, from iMacs and MacPros and no luck.
I tried different smbios as well and still got not luck. I installed leopard again on another external hard drive and although the processor is unknown it still installs vmware/parallels without a hick.
I am completely lost on this one.
I created a brand new virtual machine. I also tried to update my permissions on my VM and that wasn't the case. Couldn't find a response for this error on google.

Any other suggestions? I am going :D

Thanks!

Hey, works great for me on EFI partition!!!

Thanks!

Cheers!

Yeah. It is on. My settings are the same ones I used for Leopard.
I am downloading VMware fusion 3 Beta 2 as we speak. Will give it a try.

el_charlie

el_charlie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Fusion 3 also has Aero and works well with W7, I believe!

Nope,

VMware Fusion doesn't support AERO 'cause the virtual display driver is not WDDM compliant.

EDIT: VMware Fusion 2 doesn't support AERO, but the beta does. I just checked. I did use the version 2 of Fusion and it didn't work.

Parallels 4 didn't support that, too.

From Parallels 5 beta, the virtual display adapter is WDDM compliant therefore the AERO effects can be enabled.

Trust me. I've tried everything, even registry hacks and no luck.

Back on topic, on Geekbench my hackintosh is listed as a "Hackintosh". Before on Leopard it was detected as a iMac. Now on Snow Leo, it was detected as a MacPro befor using this kext (I think). I have my SMBIOS.plist working. What can I do to make it work as a Mac???

Cheers!

imacken

imacken

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Nope,

VMware Fusion doesn't support AERO 'cause the virtual display driver is not WDDM compliant.

EDIT: VMware Fusion 2 doesn't support AERO, but the beta does. I just checked. I did use the version 2 of Fusion and it didn't work.

Eh, I said Fusion 3 did I not? Sorry, but yes it does support Aero - trust me!

Hi iMacken.
I fooled around with all sorts of settings yesterday. Changed BIOS version, changed date on the BIOS.
Used different mac models, from iMacs and MacPros and no luck.
I tried different smbios as well and still got not luck. I installed leopard again on another external hard drive and although the processor is unknown it still installs vmware/parallels without a hick.
I am completely lost on this one.
I created a brand new virtual machine. I also tried to update my permissions on my VM and that wasn't the case. Couldn't find a response for this error on google.

So, you've managed to install it on SL, and you get the error when you try to run it, yes?

molokinhu

molokinhu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Eh, I said Fusion 3 did I not? Sorry, but yes it does support Aero - trust me!

So, you've managed to install it on SL, and you get the error when you try to run it, yes?

I managed to install removing the installation check file. It would still give an error message at the end of the installation but the VMware application itself was installed on my mac partition. When I run it opens without a hitch, but opening a VM or trying to create a new VM generates that error.

imacken. What kexts do you have in your extensions folder? Are you using fakesmc? Are you using a dsdt file inside extra?

I am trying to figure out what is different inside our extras and/or extensions.

Cheers :wacko:

eberts

eberts

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Could anyone build it for leopard please? It seems to be snow leopard only (as stated in the topic as well :wacko: )

Rik26

Rik26

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Could anyone build it for leopard please? It seems to be snow leopard only (as stated in the topic as well :wacko: )

It works on my system with my Q6600@2,40GhZ, but the frequency is still shown as 4 Ghz in System profiler and About this mac too. How can I resolve? Thanks

imacken

imacken

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

imacken. What kexts do you have in your extensions folder? Are you using fakesmc? Are you using a dsdt file inside extra?

Here ya go!

Attached Files

eberts

eberts

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

It works on my system with my Q6600@2,40GhZ, but the frequency is still shown as 4 Ghz in System profiler and About this mac too. How can I resolve? Thanks

Actually it can't load on leopard due to dependecies (com.apple.kpi.iokit 10.0 + com.apple.kpi.unsupported 10.0) :wacko:

Rik26

Rik26

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Actually it can't load on leopard due to dependecies (com.apple.kpi.iokit 10.0 + com.apple.kpi.unsupported 10.0) :wacko:

My profile is not updated....:-P I've Snow leopard on the other internal drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy