About This Mac logs off

GnatGoSplat

2 posts in this topic

I have 10.6.1 installed. I installed to a clean drive from OSInstall.mpkg with FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, PlatformUUID.kext and OpenHaltRestart.kext into /System/Library/Extensions. I have no idea if I need all those kexts, but the tutorial said to install them so I did. I do have a DSDT.aml which is required to make my GMA950 work. When I go to "About This Mac", it goes to blue screen and logs me off. Bootloader is Chameleon v2 RC3. For some reason, it doesn't recognize anything in /Extras, I put SMBios.plist in there and that doesn't help. I've tried several SMBios.plists as well as making my own. No luck. The only thing that works is installing AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext into /System/Library/Extensions, but it only works for the 32-bit kernel. In fact, I tried creating Extensions in my /Extras folder, and can't seem to load kexts from there. Is there some magic I missed in the tutorial for installing Snow Leopard that enables the /Extras folder? Isn't SMBios.plist supposed to take the place of AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext?

Motherboard is Jetway J9F2-KHDE.