Olympus Studio 2.3

LouCioccio

3 posts in this topic

Just finished updating to SnoLeo. Started to re-install software. Everything is working except one program which is Olympus Studio. Not real deal breaker as Photo Shop Elements and RAW works fine.

I have no File pull down menu but the Olympus Studio next to the Apple Logo is the same as the File pull down. To quit just hit the red ball button. I can save and work in it but it is just odd. Has anyone come across this?

Ciao,

Lou Cioccio

• 1 month later...

Update on this problem. It may have to do with the USB calls to th ecamera but I am not totally sure. The camera could be tethered by usb or firewire in 10.5 and Olympus Studio had a ll the pull downd <File> <Edit> et al, the hardware is the same: Intel DG35EC mobo but when I upgrade to 10.6 I lost that feature. The oddest thing is that TOMTOM 720 usb control works abd an ADS compact flash firewire reader works fine. So I am thinking that it may be a Kext file. If you have any ideas or suggestions let me know.

Ciao,

Lou Cioccio

• 4 months later...

Found out what was wrong. I never booted up in 32bit mode. Once I did that I could tether the Olympus camera and also check firmware. The olympus kext files are not 64 bit compliant but 32 bit is okay. I still have a truncated menu but the red ball quits the app like a window one.

Ciao,

Lou Cioccio