Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

• Please log in to reply
1278 replies to this topic

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
what do you mean with "manually on the flash drive"? do you mean without using the .pkg container with the installation script?

found these guids:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=164809 (For MBR I thinK? But as we use GUID, this must be the wrong guide.)
and this one for EFI partitions: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=127330

my flash drive has this structure:

/dev/disk5
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *7.7 Gi disk5
1: EFI 200.0 Mi disk5s1
2: Apple_HFS Installer 7.4 Gi disk5s2

Is the EFI partition the problem?

akhenamenra

akhenamenra

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
tell us how you installed the leopard please as like the last poster said its bizarre that your having issues with such a easy instillation method (no offence)

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
I've used a kally-installation on another hdd, and a guide for gigabyte mobo to install os x on my raptor. But I dont find the topic anymore.

_____

new problems (I'm at a point right know where I'm getting even more mad with every minute)

I've used the guid for manual chameleon installation from munkys topic: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=127330 but it is a guide for older versions of chameleon. So I couldn't finished it correctly. I've done the whole process again as descripted on our first page in this topic (maybe the 35th time....). Reformating the Flash Drive, restored SL, but now Chameleon can not be installed. It stucks at the "i386" component when the package-quittance is being safed (100% CPU usage). WTF has happend?

tweak41

tweak41

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
Yeah, I mean installing Chameleon without the .pkg. You can get the binaries and do it yourself.

Your USB looks right from the text you posted.

From the Chameleon install guides, the first one is the one you want to use for the flash drive.

Grab the latest Chameleon from Fabio's post. I thought there were still readme instructions included, but I could be wrong.

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
freaking out! used a complete new flashdrive and the actual Chameleon pkg and done everything again on my original macbook. and it works... wtf - I think my 10.5.7 was totally messed up

taylorsyn

taylorsyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Well I have updated to 10.7 following the guide in italian, one problem is that Esata hot swap is not working! Anyone have an idea on how to enable, it was working in 10.6

v1c70r

v1c70r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

did you follow all of the instructions to the letter ?

whats your spec set up ?

Now, I've installed snow leopard on my computer, I have sound but I can't change the resolution of my display... can anyone help me please?

my graphic card is ATI HD4890

General11

General11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I am here to say that i have P6T SE, Intel i7 920 and ati radeon 4870 with working sleep!!! ;) :P

I have Lion 10.7.2 and a working sleep without some programs, kexts and etc.

But i have one small thing it is working only with DVI-DVI or DVI-HDMI connection NOT DVI-VGA! (black screen)

I try everything (help of hack profi, Editing DSDT, kexts) nothing helped me to work sleep with DVI-VGA :) :D :wacko: .

So this is my word to this great install instruction of Mac on P6T SE. :D

Now, I've installed snow leopard on my computer, I have sound but I can't change the resolution of my display... can anyone help me please?

my graphic card is ATI HD4890

Put GraphicEnabler=yes to com.boot.apple.plist
something like this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

</dict>
</dict>
</plist>this must help or visit kexts.com or update to lion! :D

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,751 posts
Same for this board i write a guide for Lion

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=267001

Fabio

bobenia

bobenia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hi,

I would like to install OSX on my hackintosh

intel i7 970 6cores 3.2 GHz
Asus p6t SE
Nvidia GeFroce 9800
8GB ddr3

I think that this is tutorial for my configuration, but i didn't find DSDT for i7 970?
Do I need to instal Snow Leo and upgrade to lion or I can instal Fresh Lion on second partition (windows 7 on first partioitn)

thanks.

powierski

powierski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I have a fully working 10.7.2 installation on a P6T SE with i7920 and a GTX260, there is one exception to it being 'fully' working and that this that sleep does not complete.

I can initiate sleep and the monitor goes in to standby but the pc continues to run and doesn't shut down, I have previously had SNow Leopard running on the same hardware setup and sleep worked perfectly.

Does anybody have any ideas on what could be causing the issue? I have tried to research a little before posting here and have followed various examples of what the BIOS should be set to but nothing seems to make any difference.

All help / suggestions greatly appreciated :blink:

henryzz

henryzz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Please,

Can anyone tell my why i can't download the DSDT file for i7 930 ?
I got a new machine and need this dsdt. i've used this last time that installs osx in a p6tse and works fine. Really needs that. Please can anyone send me ?

Thx

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Here it is just unzip it

Attached Files

eway

eway

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Yes you simply need to add your device ID in GraphicsPowerManagement.kext the MacPro3,1 & 4,1 has keys for the GTX 285 but they are set to a different vendor ID.. Solved my problem :)

Hi ! Of course i'm late ;)

Can anyone be more specific with that GTX 285. So, what is the exact ID of this card and where do I add the info into the GraphicsPowerManagement.kext, I suppose it's in the Plist, but do I have to exchange data or just add a new line entry ?

As always, thanks everyone here.

Thank U :P

eway

eway

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hi ! Of course i'm late ;)

Can anyone be more specific with that GTX 285. So, what is the exact ID of this card and where do I add the info into the GraphicsPowerManagement.kext, I suppose it's in the Plist, but do I have to exchange data or just add a new line entry ?

As always, thanks everyone here.

Thank U :)

I think I found the answear by my own, can anyone confirm that I had to replace in the section Macpro 4.1 DeviceID0x05E2 by DeviceID0x05E3

thanks

Xero32

Xero32

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
All the DSDTs and the P6T SE Kext seem to be down.

Pls reupload !

I need them, please hurry :D

ayan0r

ayan0r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Pls reupload !

I need them, please hurry :)

pls!

danielftw

danielftw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Pls reupload !

I need them, please hurry :)

I need them too! :(

Can't get sleep working on OSX 10.6.8:

Asus P6T SE
I7 920

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
I have the 930 dsdt only but here is the p6t-se kext
Im on Lion now but if Im not wrong these are some of the files I used

Attached Files

pussyluvva

pussyluvva

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
does anyone have the kexts from the first page as the links dont seem to be working and i need to get my system up and running, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy