Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

• Please log in to reply
1277 replies to this topic

_Wolverine_

_Wolverine_

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Just updated to 10.6.7.

No visible issues. Sound works without a need to reinstall the patched kext.

Thanks someone said there were some speed improvements
(100pt in geekbench) do you feel it any faster?

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
I decided to try with a SSD harddrive and it works just fine with this mobo even 64 bit (still only 10.6.6 though). I use this hdd for my web casts over at justin.tv. Gonna try go up to 10.6.7 tonight. The Sapphire 5750 1 gb gddr5 works pretty good with kabyls bootloader even 64 bit. At least the dvi and vga ports, minidisplayports and hdmi is still working a bit weird though. For example with the minidisplay port I get only mirrored desktop.

echoz

echoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Thanks someone said there were some speed improvements
(100pt in geekbench) do you feel it any faster?

Erm. Didn't really do benchmarks from 10.6.6 so I can't give a numerical comparison. Feels about the same to me I guess.

Incidentally, what are you guys using for the SMproductname in smbios.plist?

I have to use MacPro5,1 if not I won't get CPU and GPU temperatures. However, I don't seem to be getting fan speeds and all that.

Posted Image

I've the following extensions in /E/E,

PhillOS

PhillOS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Booted, stuck on

AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Ethernet Adress xx:xx:x....

Disabled my LAN in BIOS and got stuck on

Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( TRUE)" Failed in "/sourcecache/appleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA.....

instead..

Any ideas, to fix that?

echoz

echoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Booted, stuck on

Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( TRUE)" Failed in "/sourcecache/appleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDA.....

instead..

Any ideas, to fix that?

Need more details on your hardware specs

kinetiknz

kinetiknz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there AWOL,
I have made the OSX installer on the flashdisk with copied Kexts etc..

How do your files integrate into it? Do your files have to be copied prior to install, or used to config afterwards?

Thanks for any info.

this is P6T Essential that i made
im not taking any credit for this as i just collect kext from the net

Core i7 920 4 core + HT working
PS/2 keyboard and mouse working
ALC 1200 working
Realtek 8111C Working
[/quote]

hv2n

hv2n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Tried your kext but get stuck at this screen during boot, have a look

Posted Image

Just to add on to the previous post, this happens when I try to boot from hard drive with the installed chameleon, I can boot normally into osx using the installer on usb

I have exactly the same problem, but happened to my after updating to 10.6.7. Is there anyone who has ideas how to fix this?

Hardware Specs:
P6TSE, i7 920, HD5770, SATA port 1 used for hdd

echoz

echoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Guys, think you should read the first post with regards to creating a vanilla build as closely as possible. The lesser kexts you use (the more vanilla you are) the less chances for errors.

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
And if youre having problems with the flash drive method search for my thread for this mobo. You need a working hack though.

orzels

orzels

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Booted, stuck on

instead..

Any ideas, to fix that?

Try "GraphicEnabler=n" in both of boot.plist. Helps for me.

tweak41

tweak41

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
Try this for your sound problem:

When you boot from Chameleon use the arg -s

You will be brought to the command line version of os x.

type:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /

sudo -rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

then reboot using -v -f

If that gets you back into OS X, you'll want to update AppleHDA.kext so it's compatible with 10.6.7, and run kext utility to refresh your kext cache.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,531 posts
UPDATE

• DSDT P6T & P6T SE (v3.4 need 10.6.4 or upper)
    /Extra/DSDT
    >> P6T SE & P6T DSDT <<
  • You also need in Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext (new version or older... is the same relate to functionallity)
  • smbios.plist
    /Extra/smbios.plist
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>SMserial</key>	<string>***********</string> <strong class='bbc'>***</strong> Change "*" with 11 digit serial namber... COSMETICS <strong class='bbc'>***</strong></dict></plist>
  • com.apple.Boot.plist
    /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>Kernel</key>	<string>mach_kernel</string>	<key>Kernel Flags</key>	<string></string>	<key>Graphics Mode</key>	<string>1680x1050x32</string> <strong class='bbc'>***</strong> Change with your resolution <strong class='bbc'>***</strong>	<key>Quiet Boot</key>	<string>No</string>	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>UseNvidiaROM</key> <strong class='bbc'>***</strong> Optional. I have my VBIOS rom also in /Extra/ <strong class='bbc'>***</strong>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>VBIOS</key> <strong class='bbc'>***</strong> Optional too. <strong class='bbc'>***</strong>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Theme</key>	<string>Default</string></dict></plist>
ALSO:
I like patch/edit the .plist file into the System/Library/Extensions (so.. no need dummy .kext in extra/Extensions)
  • AppleAHCIPort
    /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist
    >> Replace the plist with this <<
  • IOAHCIBlockStorage
    /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  • JMicronATA (needed for P6T & P6T SE)
    /System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

How binpatch AppleHDA from terminal:

- ALC1200 (P6T & P6T SE) also need a "legacy.kext" file in /Extra/Extensions >> ALC1200 <<
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Enjoy!

ytrox

ytrox

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
works like a charm :)

YO

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
So this means we can skip the P6T-SE kext in extra now? This means you have to remember to copy and reinstall those three kexts every update you make which people might forget! Whats new in this updated DSDT?

echoz

echoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

UPDATE

• DSDT P6T & P6T SE (v3.4 need 10.6.4 or upper)
    /Extra/DSDT
    >> P6T SE & P6T DSDT <<
  • You also need in Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext (new version or older... is the same relate to functionallity)
  • smbios.plist
    /Extra/smbios.plist
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>SMserial</key>	<string>***********</string> <strong class='bbc'>***</strong> Change "*" with 11 digit serial namber... COSMETICS <strong class='bbc'>***</strong></dict></plist>
  • com.apple.Boot.plist
    /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>Kernel</key>	<string>mach_kernel</string>	<key>Kernel Flags</key>	<string></string>	<key>Graphics Mode</key>	<string>1680x1050x32</string> <strong class='bbc'>***</strong> Change with your resolution <strong class='bbc'>***</strong>	<key>Quiet Boot</key>	<string>No</string>	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>UseNvidiaROM</key> <strong class='bbc'>***</strong> Optional. I have my VBIOS rom also in /Extra/ <strong class='bbc'>***</strong>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>VBIOS</key> <strong class='bbc'>***</strong> Optional too. <strong class='bbc'>***</strong>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Theme</key>	<string>Default</string></dict></plist>
ALSO:
I like patch/edit the .plist file into the System/Library/Extensions (so.. no need dummy .kext in extra/Extensions)
  • AppleAHCIPort
    /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  • IOAHCIBlockStorage
    /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  • JMicronATA (needed for P6T & P6T SE)
    /System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

How binpatch AppleHDA from terminal:

- ALC1200 (P6T & P6T SE) also need a "legacy.kext" file in /Extra/Extensions >> ALC1200 <<
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Enjoy!

The DSDT works for all processors?

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,531 posts

The DSDT works for all processors?

Yes

So this means we can skip the P6T-SE kext in extra now? This means you have to remember to copy and reinstall those three kexts every update you make which people might forget!

you right! You can stiil using P6T-SE.kext in E/E

Whats new in this updated DSDT?

- Extracted from last BIOS from ASUS.
- No More SS code :thumbsup_anim:
- IRQ "issue" fixed thx this post --> http://www.insanelym...howtopic=206313

Fabio

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Thanks for the fast reply gonna try it and report back.

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Works good thanks. I tested it both on my (32 bit) Sata drive and on my (64 bit) SSD drive both run 10.6.5. Gonna do the update to latest soon as I get the time.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,531 posts

Works good thanks. I tested it both on my (32 bit) Sata drive and on my (64 bit) SSD drive both run 10.6.5. Gonna do the update to latest soon as I get the time.

Nice to know.
Glad to help :D

Fabio

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
It works really good been casting over at JTV using the SSD drive and it works better than ever, just so cool thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy