Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

Also can I just run the newer version of chameleon or do I need to restore the installer disk afresh to do this?

Yes, the newer one should work just fine by installing it over an older version. You really only need the 'boot' file to "update."

usually, when appears ''pci-root-uid value:0'' the graphic card doesn't works properly

I think my problem is the Graphic card not playing ball. I used the most recent build of Chameleon and used teh GraphicsEnabler=No option and booted with the disk, managed to get to the OSX install option, have formatted drive and am installing right now while I post this message, hoping it should go through ok. Will update on how things evolve from here

I think my problem is the Graphic card not playing ball. I used the most recent build of Chameleon and used teh GraphicsEnabler=No option and booted with the disk, managed to get to the OSX install option, have formatted drive and am installing right now while I post this message, hoping it should go through ok. Will update on how things evolve from here

I often receive this errors on a working machine especially when I install some kext using the wrong way. have you rebuilt the file extensions.mkext in extra/extension when you have added the IOAHCIBlockStorgeinjector.kext? IT'S IMPORTANT

I often receive this errors on a working machine especially when I install some kext using the wrong way. have you rebuilt the file extensions.mkext in extra/extension when you have added the IOAHCIBlockStorgeinjector.kext? IT'S IMPORTANT

I did run the kext utility to create new extensions.mkext

Managed to get to installing OSX with the GraphicsEnabler set to No. Wanted to set system to boot from hard drive so ran the chameleon bootloader to install on hard drive but it failed to load up system, thought would try with the usb installer but then couldnt see the hard drive I installed on. Finally redid all of it again, installed ok, this time ran the combo update as well to 10.6.5 and decided to keep booting from the same usb disc for the moment, again used the GraphicsEnable=No when booting up but it seems to get stuck, here is the screenshot

dsc01839k.jpg

I had another go at restarting into the mac install. I booted using the usb installer used for the initial install. Kept GraphicsEnabler to No. I am stuck at this screen, can someone guide me what to do next

dsc01840z.jpg

Hi Guys

can someone help me a bit. Here is where I have got to till now

can install osx using the chameleon RC5 ver 629, can reboot but both during and after install I have to keep using the GraphicsEnabler=No argument otherwise get a black screen

When I tried to enable sound using the kext provided in the original post, I cant boot into osx, same happens if I run the 10.6.5 combo update. The boot screens are as above. I did run the kext utility to patch permissions after copying the kext into /S/L/E

Given all this it seems i need to change the kexts for Graphics card. I am using the ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB card. Has anyone managed to get this working on a P6TSE mb? I would appreciate if someone could point me in right direction

Hi Guys

can someone help me a bit. Here is where I have got to till now

can install osx using the chameleon RC5 ver 629, can reboot but both during and after install I have to keep using the GraphicsEnabler=No argument otherwise get a black screen

When I tried to enable sound using the kext provided in the original post, I cant boot into osx, same happens if I run the 10.6.5 combo update. The boot screens are as above. I did run the kext utility to patch permissions after copying the kext into /S/L/E

Given all this it seems i need to change the kexts for Graphics card. I am using the ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB card. Has anyone managed to get this working on a P6TSE mb? I would appreciate if someone could point me in right direction

Yeah I used to have a non apple official ATI card 4890. It was a nightmare, switched to GTX 285 and could not be happier!

does anyone fixed this small problem before me (see screene)?

i like to update my old 10.5.7 x86 to 10.6.5

done the steps until the kext utility should create the extensions.mkext cache - screenshot see below.

post-465461-1290373488_thumb.jpg

in past times - when we installed 10.5.7 - we've downloaded the update-file (comboupdate) from apple and installed it from another os-x installation. does this works with this guide too? can i dl the 10.6.5 update file and install it on the flash-drive before i run chameleon etc.?

Hey there!

After much fiddling about, I discovered the install doesn't support i980x cpu's (btw, using the 'old' version install method) so swapped over with a i950 cpu and all went well... Re-installed 980x cpu and it screams along...

PS: I was playing around with an Asus Rampage III Gene mb and got osx to work but needs usb stick to start up - maybe this could be of some use for Rampage III Gene owners...

Thank you again :)

post-515853-1289961470_thumb.jpg

Hi,

This is the best I could do - it's all over pretty quick even with the -v option selected...

I'm at a loss: the problem originates from upgrading my system to 10.6.5 (...from 10.6.4 which ran awesome)

I get similar message when I try to boot into OSX HD..

:)

in past times - when we installed 10.5.7 - we've downloaded the update-file (comboupdate) from apple and installed it from another os-x installation. does this works with this guide too? can i dl the 10.6.5 update file and install it on the flash-drive before i run chameleon etc.?

No. I tried that, and you can't update the installation USB with the update installer.

@Jemmyuk : your build will successfully work !

1. Your screen go blank because the ATI 5770 doesn't work with 64bit when you installing the OS, so why you have to use GraphicsEnabler=No while booting by the Chameleon.

2. Here is the solution. You have to use these method when booting

GraphicsEnabler=No arch=i386

Explaination : 2 method above will make you boot with 32bit mode and you won't get blank screen.

3. Follow step by step in the first post, using DSDT and P6T-SE.kext from iFabio.

You should install from USB Flash Drive (it's fast and easier but you have to build the USB from a working Mac OS X)

Try yourself !

PS: I'll post my guide with my PC using P6T SE and ATI 5770 (both working with 64bit).

Here is my working Mac OS 10.6.5 (see my build in signature)

post-142781-1290394087_thumb.jpg

No. I tried that, and you can't update the installation USB with the update installer.

ok so i need to use the update function inside my fresh os x installation i guess?

and can you or anyone else help me with the other problem i have? the not builded extensions.mkext file from kext utility? is it because i've formated my installer-flash-drive with journaled HFS+ ?

fixed it - done the whole steps again, now kext utility worked fine

2nd problem: my usb-apple-keyboard is not working until i've bootet into my 10.5.7 installation. cannot access the bios or use boot-options when chameleon is starting up. do i need a normal windows-usb-keyboard?

k you need a windows-usb-keyboard.

3rd question/problem: kext for gtx260 - do i need to edit my boot.plist like in 10.5.7 or do we have a nice kext that is doing the whole opengl, quarz-extreme, core-image etc. game?

3rd question/problem: kext for gtx260 - do i need to edit my boot.plist like in 10.5.7 or do we have a nice kext that is doing the whole opengl, quarz-extreme, core-image etc. game?

Nope. Just put GraphicsEnabler=y in your boot.plist and it takes care of the rest. :P

k it doesn't boot into the installation

with -verbose mode i get some error messages

one interessting?:

org.netkas.fakesmc - link failed,

cant load kext org.netkas.fakesmc - link failed

and

one of the last:

nvram: error getting variable - boot-args: iokit/common data was not faound

using 64-bit bootcache playlist

colorsync profiles for my montior couldned be loaded

then comes bug: launchctl.c:2325: blaaaa with a lot of requests? and -1 as last and then my hdds stop spinning

then comes

systemshutdown false

bootcache: hit rate below threshold

and then

nvdanv50hal loaded and registred

is one of the last lines i can read, then the monitor turns black. no restart, just a montior in standby and a running pc. i think my graphics is the problem? graphicsenabler is active in the boot.plist - shut i add the right solution for my 24"? or delete the graphicsenabler lines in the boot.plist?

__

k next try:

i've added the device-string of my gfx to the boot.plist.

what happens now: after nvdanv50hal was loaded - my harddisks are getting started and identified, then the screen turns into the blue background-color of os x and after 1-2 sec. it changes again to the os x grey with the spinball in the upper left corner. then nothing happens for a very long time. btw. same errors like above.

maybe a bad or dumb question but:

when i try to directly boot via F8 the installer-usb-flash drive (cruzer 16gig) nothing happens - just a underline_command that blinks. so i use my chameleon v2 build from 10.5.7 on my raptor to boot into my flash-drive. is this the problem? why is the usb-flash drive not booting? i've used guid, hfs+ and chameleon installation was fine...

k it doesn't boot into the installation

maybe a bad or dumb question but:

when i try to directly boot via F8 the installer-usb-flash drive (cruzer 16gig) nothing happens - just a underline_command that blinks. so i use my chameleon v2 build from 10.5.7 on my raptor to boot into my flash-drive. is this the problem? why is the usb-flash drive not booting? i've used guid, hfs+ and chameleon installation was fine...

I have a GTX 260. That's not the problem.

Does your boot.plist have arch=i386 under kernel flags? If not, add it so it's not booting 64-bit mode for installation. I'd also recommend resetting all your BIOS settings, then changing only SATA to AHCI mode and enabling C-States. Everything else can be default until you get Snow Leopard installed and if you want to overclock and {censored} that's the time to do it.

So far the best BIOS for me has been 0808. I tried updating, but sleep refused to work afterwards, so I went back.

bios settings are exactly like yours without the oc.

thats my boot.plist:

when it boots up (with chameleon rc2 from my raptor) one of the first lines telling me

64bit mode enabled

and then

darwin kernel is being loaded ...

should i ignore the problems with the fakesmc loading?

why is chameleon rc5 not loading when i use F8 to start from the usb-flash-drive?

Hey Jemmy,

Are you putting AppleHDA.kext in Extra/Extensions or System/Library/Extensions?

Did you perform the patch that iFabio mentioned on the previous page?

Hi Tweak

I am putting AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E then running kext utility to patch permissions with no sound, I managed to get the intial install but no sounds and no support for my Graphics card, everytime I enable it, just few sec into boot, screen goes black with cpu fan running. Got busy at work for last few days so havent looked into more options, looking to weekend to try again

1. Your screen go blank because the ATI 5770 doesn't work with 64bit when you installing the OS, so why you have to use GraphicsEnabler=No while booting by the Chameleon.

Explaination : 2 method above will make you boot with 32bit mode and you won't get blank screen.

3. Follow step by step in the first post, using DSDT and P6T-SE.kext from iFabio.

You should install from USB Flash Drive (it's fast and easier but you have to build the USB from a working Mac OS X)

Try yourself !

PS: I'll post my guide with my PC using P6T SE and ATI 5770 (both working with 64bit).

Thanks Becks Pham

You have restored my confidence again, planning to give it a good go this weekend again, will try the 32 bit mode

done the whole steps again but still the usb-flash-drive would not load

nothing happens. no chameleon screen. just a blinking underline _

what i'm doing wrong?

what i've done:

formated the usb-flashdrive with guid and hfs+ (journaled), restored the sl-dvd to the usb-drive, installed the rc5 build 629 chameleon on the usb-drive (used the standard installation options with themes), added the kext fakesmc and p6t-se to the already from chameleon created extensions-folder, added the dsdt for my core i7 920, deleted the created boot.plist and replaced the missing one with the one that we should use, created the textcache with text utility, used the bios-version and settings mentioned in the guide. but the flash-drive won't load

plz help me, i'm a little bit frustrated right now. going climbing now. need to work me out, get exhausted.

p.s. interesting: my bluetooth dongle doesn't work anymore in 10.5.7 since i've changed sata from ide to ahci

done the whole steps again but still the usb-flash-drive would not load

nothing happens. no chameleon screen. just a blinking underline _

what i'm doing wrong?

what i've done:

formated the usb-flashdrive with guid and hfs+ (journaled), restored the sl-dvd to the usb-drive, installed the rc5 build 629 chameleon on the usb-drive (used the standard installation options with themes), added the kext fakesmc and p6t-se to the already from chameleon created extensions-folder, added the dsdt for my core i7 920, deleted the created boot.plist and replaced the missing one with the one that we should use, created the textcache with text utility, used the bios-version and settings mentioned in the guide. but the flash-drive won't load

plz help me, i'm a little bit frustrated right now. going climbing now. need to work me out, get exhausted.

p.s. interesting: my bluetooth dongle doesn't work anymore in 10.5.7 since i've changed sata from ide to ahci

You have to remember these important things:

1. Format the USB-Flash Drive with GUID Partition fomart [VERY VERY IMPORTANT]

2. Install the Chameleon into the Flash Drive to boot [Chameleon MAKE YOU BOOT from FLASH DRIVE]

3. Follow the first post step by step.

PS: Your build in signature is VERY easy to INSTALL and WORKING !!!

oh dear.

just upgraded to 10.6.5 as thought it was safe but getting

any ideas?

Yeah George, you need to delete AppleHDA from S/L/E. You can do this from command line by booting with -s

Just do rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

You have to remember these important things:

1. Format the USB-Flash Drive with GUID Partition fomart [VERY VERY IMPORTANT]

2. Install the Chameleon into the Flash Drive to boot [Chameleon MAKE YOU BOOT from FLASH DRIVE]

3. Follow the first post step by step.

PS: Your build in signature is VERY easy to INSTALL and WORKING !!!

did you even read my post?

Try yourself !

Thanks Becks Pham and Tweak for the support, finally managed to get the install working, initially usb was freezing multiple times, sorted after updating to 10.6.5, Graphics cad working after using the ATI Vervet kext. Only problem is still no sound, can you help me please.

What I tried till now is trashed the AppleHDA kext in S/L/E, then copied the one in the original post by Tweak, ran the kext utility to update permissions, no sound still on reboot. Tried couple more kexts for audio, I'll be really glad if you can help me find a solution for this.

Thanks