Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

thanks bro! :)

ok, from a few readings ive found that this efi partition is used for firmware stuff so the OS disk remains standard and you even have the option of starting it up on a real mac<but not vise versa, because of the DSDT whos improper for the hack, obviously>. although on an intel mac this partition is empty and the sys doesnt requires it in order to boot. in our cases its not empty :P

hope i helped in something...

my efi install works flawlessly...

Hi,

I followed this tut, upgraded to 10.6.3 but I have no sound. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

P

A few pages back iFabio posted an AppleHDA kext that works fine. You probably need to boot 32-bit to use it.

Thanks for the response, I have tried following the instructions.

I am runing Cam RC4

I have these in my e/e folder:

fakesmc.kext - from fabio post

JMicronATA.kext - from 10.6.2 update folder from tut

P6T-SE.kext - from fabio post

I've replaced the s/l/e/AppleHDA.kext with the patched in fabios post

removed cache

ran kext utility

rebooted with -f

Still no sound.

I get the volume control, which I didnt before - but there is no sound coming out of the soundcard.

any help appreciated.

Many thanks

P

Thanks for the response, I have tried following the instructions.

I am runing Cam RC4

I have these in my e/e folder:

fakesmc.kext - from fabio post

JMicronATA.kext - from 10.6.2 update folder from tut

P6T-SE.kext - from fabio post

I've replaced the s/l/e/AppleHDA.kext with the patched in fabios post

removed cache

ran kext utility

rebooted with -f

Still no sound.

I get the volume control, which I didnt before - but there is no sound coming out of the soundcard.

any help appreciated.

Many thanks

P

Boot with arch=i386

I reckon you're booting 64-bit and I don't think the audio works in 64-bit.

Hey there,

Sound is working just fine for me in 64-Bit-Mode. I use one of the first DSDT.aml from Bchemist, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext and fakesmc.kext in /Extra/Extensions and the AppleHDA.kext from iFabio's post in /System/Library/Extensions. Everything works flawless*. I added the files I use as attachment.

e1ement

* I haven't tested FireWire so far.

//EDIT: I have not applied the Mac Pro Audio Update.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

Extensions.zip

smbios.plist.zip

post-401390-1275736808_thumb.jpg

Hey there,

Sound is working just fine for me in 64-Bit-Mode. I use one of the first DSDT.aml from Bchemist, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext and fakesmc.kext in /Extra/Extensions and the AppleHDA.kext from iFabio's post in /System/Library/Extensions. Everything works flawless*. I added the files I use as attachment.

openhaltrestart, is not necessary, i think...I don't need on my platform..

yeah 64 bit work well

thanks for all this helpfull information :angel:

everything is working fine, except for one thing:

I cant get my P6t SE hackintosh to work on my network. I've got internet connection, so I can browse the internet. But sharing in both finder (printers etc.) and iTunes doesnt work. No other (real) mac is showing up in finder, and the hackintosh is not showing up in the other real macs. Does any of you know what to do? Help would be greatly appreciated :D

thanks for all this helpfull information :D

everything is working fine, except for one thing:

I cant get my P6t SE hackintosh to work on my network. I've got internet connection, so I can browse the internet. But sharing in both finder (printers etc.) and iTunes doesnt work. No other (real) mac is showing up in finder, and the hackintosh is not showing up in the other real macs. Does any of you know what to do? Help would be greatly appreciated :D

I just updated to 10.6.4 and everything worked after the update except audio. So I just had to replace AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions with the one from my previous post and I was ready to go.

e1ement

Hello, first of all: thanks everyone for the great info. It helped a lot getting my system up and running.

Two things are still not working properly though and I couldn't find any working solutions so far:

1) timed sleep, did anyone get this to work?

2) USB/firewire mounting of some divices: USB sticks and Harddisks are recognized and mounted, but drives don't wake up from idle, my audiointerface (RME Fireface) isn't recognized unless it's on during boot or I wake up the system from sleep. And my Tomtom doesn't work at all, it's just charging when I plug it in.

I'm using the latest files from Fabio and I tried Fabio's and Bchemist's dsdts.Extensions: fakesmc.kext and p6t-se.kext

Can anyone give advice?

Hey,

Thanks for the guide. I have a problem. This is my setup:

P6T SE

6 GB of RAM

GTX 470 (but I had the same problem with GTX 260)

980x CPU

My system reboots before it gets to the installation screen! I have tried typing in busratio=25 and also grabbed the patched dsdt for my CPU from these posts. What could be the issue? Thanks.

-Tom