Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

Read it again and look at the picture carefully. I told you that you have to create the Extensions folder and place the kexts inside that.

Okay, then I did what you said the first time. However, I'm stuck at "Waiting for DSMOS..." I'm going to retry the instructions once I get a hold of my friend's mac again, which will be within an hour or so. I'll report back when I'm done with that.

So, I tried it again from scratch, and it looks like it all worked, except I'm still stuck at the "Waiting for DSMOS..." part when I go -v. Why does DSMOS do that? Is it a hardware issue, or something wrong with the kexts?

I don't think it's graphics related as when I did not go into -v, the apple logo popped up just fine and the wheel was spinning...Anyways...Can anyone make sense of this?

Here's a pic:

post-515702-1287108449_thumb.jpg

So, I tried it again from scratch, and it looks like it all worked, except I'm still stuck at the "Waiting for DSMOS..." part when I go -v. Why does DSMOS do that? Is it a hardware issue, or something wrong with the kexts?

I don't think it's graphics related as when I did not go into -v, the apple logo popped up just fine and the wheel was spinning...Anyways...Can anyone make sense of this?

Here's a pic:

post-515702-1287108449_thumb.jpg

That's what the FakeSMC kext is for.

That's what the FakeSMC kext is for.

FakeSMC is in my Extra/Extensions folder, and Kext Utility worked without a hiccup. I also thought that was the problem after looking it up, but it doesn't work with it. So should Kext Utility be in the EDIT: Utilities Folder, or is it okay to be anywhere on the Mac? I just left the app in my downloads folder, so that could be the problem...But I doubt it. What if I took FakeSMC out? What are the disadvantages of doing this?

Hi All,

I've usdated my P6t WS Pro to 10.6.4. No extra anything yet. Now I'm trying to get my ATI 5770 to work. Every time I try to install the Gaphics Update 1.0 I get a kernel Panic and the install is destroyed. Does anyone know how to get my ATI 5770 to work with this install method? I've tried most boot loaders that support my video card and they give me the not a Mac sign on boot. Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Thanks

Brandon

Now I'm starting to think that my image is messed up. I'll see if it works with my friend's disc.

That's possible. I've used two different images, my 10.6 disc, and a 10.6.3. Both worked flawlessly. I've done this process a number of times now to make sure I'm not missing any steps.

Hi All,

I've usdated my P6t WS Pro to 10.6.4. No extra anything yet. Now I'm trying to get my ATI 5770 to work. Every time I try to install the Gaphics Update 1.0 I get a kernel Panic and the install is destroyed. Does anyone know how to get my ATI 5770 to work with this install method? I've tried most boot loaders that support my video card and they give me the not a Mac sign on boot. Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Thanks

Brandon

Check out netkas.org for info on that card.

FakeSMC is in my Extra/Extensions folder, and Kext Utility worked without a hiccup. I also thought that was the problem after looking it up, but it doesn't work with it. So should Kext Utility be in the EDIT: Utilities Folder, or is it okay to be anywhere on the Mac? I just left the app in my downloads folder, so that could be the problem...But I doubt it. What if I took FakeSMC out? What are the disadvantages of doing this?

Can you tell me your non-vanilla kexts list (EXTRA and System)? now I can only tell you to delete cache in S/L/E and remake cache in E/E. I recommend to use last version of chameleon rc5, remove smbios and use iFabio bsdt. There are other ways but i'm sure that is right

Can you tell me your non-vanilla kexts list (EXTRA and System)? now I can only tell you to delete cache in S/L/E and remake cache in E/E. I recommend to use last version of chameleon rc5, remove smbios and use iFabio bsdt. There are other ways but i'm sure that is right

The only two kexts I have that are non-vanilla are FakeSMC and P6T-SE. I literally followed the exact same steps as the updated guide.

The only two kexts I have that are non-vanilla are FakeSMC and P6T-SE. I literally followed the exact same steps as the updated guide.

I'm not sure what to tell you. Reset your BIOS completely, set your SATA discs to AHCI, and try again...

Maybe you need another flash drive? I doubt this though.

Are you using a real retail disc that you bought? I'm not saying this is necessary, but if you have a bad image there's not much we can do for you.

If you've got any weird hardware attached, it would be wise to remove it during installation.

Lastly, there's no need to boot with -f or -x.

Check out how I did it it it´s in the thread couple of pages back. I had problems with this method but found out an alternative way or actually two ways. Might be something for those that this does´nt work for. This is a damn good mobo so every thing we can do to help people get it up running we should do. Not trying to diss or something just help out. Peace

Hi All,

Thanks

Brandon

Can anyone help me with this? I always crash when I install the graphics update. Can anyone give me a clue why?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Brandon

I told you to go to ç. If you don't want to read, not my problem.

Well thanks for the tutorial firstly. You made it very easy to install 10.6.4. I went to netkas.org and I'm not sure if you are asking me to flash my card to a hacked BIOS or what. If so I can handle that but that isn't supposed to work with non apple computers.

Anyway, thanks again and I'll stop posting in this thread.

Best

Well thanks for the tutorial firstly. You made it very easy to install 10.6.4. I went to netkas.org and I'm not sure if you are asking me to flash my card to a hacked BIOS or what. If so I can handle that but that isn't supposed to work with non apple computers.

Anyway, thanks again and I'll stop posting in this thread.

Best

Here's at least one solution:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231756

There's plenty of others if you search.

Can you post your hardware configuration please http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...rCP&CODE=22

the problem seems to be in the bios, but if you give me your Extra folder i can watch it in a few seconds

So, I figured out the culprit, and as always, it's my freaking graphics card. Why doesn't my specific model of radeon 4850 not ever work when doing this hackintosh method? Ugh. Anyways, I had to follow the instructions tweak linked to me a long time ago, and that fixed those errors. However, once I install the OS again, I'll have to redo everything I did to get QE/CI working again. What a pain -.-.

Hey there!

first of all many thanks for all the info, guidance and help!

I installed everything, and it boots perfectly from my USB stick.

But after installing CR5 on my HDD so I don't need the stick any longer the system

stops booting.

I get the DONT Sign on top of the apple on the boot screen and then the system hangs.

Any Ideas on this?

I mean experiences with this behavior after installing SL using the updated guide??

any help is highly appreciated!

thanks

R.

Hey there!

first of all many thanks for all the info, guidance and help!

I installed everything, and it boots perfectly from my USB stick.

But after installing CR5 on my HDD so I don't need the stick any longer the system

stops booting.

I get the DONT Sign on top of the apple on the boot screen and then the system hangs.

Any Ideas on this?

I mean experiences with this behavior after installing SL using the updated guide??

any help is highly appreciated!

thanks

R.

Can you boot from the USB still? If so, then you're forgetting to copy a kext or something after installing Chameleon to your HDD.

Hey Tweak41 thanxs so much for your reply!

I actually did!

Everything is working so far.

Updated to 10.6.4 , and replaced the HLA ketx to keep audio working.

The only issue that I have now is that Bonjour doesn't seem to be working right.

I'm searching right now for info on this matter.

Thank you for the great work and the will to help others out!

wish you a nice day / night!

R.

This doesn't work with any ALC1200 card. :/

I'll see what I can work out and will post back what I could manage to squeeze out of my box.

I will look into this when I'm home. Can anyone point me to a location where I could get the original/untouched AppleHDA.kext?