Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

i had a problem at boot (look at my last posts) ifabio suggested to sobstitute mine with the one in this post

ifabio post

but if i esxtract the zip file there are 2 dir and different files.....i copy the fakesmc.kext to the extra/extension dir....but what about other files in that zip file?

Guys be careful i have tried the DSDT from the blog mentioned above and IT DOES NOT WORK with the P6T SE. It is only for the P6T. (Unless you crossflash your bios). The script for making things faster works good for the p6t se but not the dsdt

I imagine that thats why i taked my time to describe the hole process and in fact it take me a lot to create a working install partition using the the other patch, in the end im using the script in here to create the installation and then paste the last release of camaleon boot and the ext package of the other site.

what about the EXT folder do they work for the P6T SE or not? if so wich pack perform better

any clue about the raid controler? in my pack i dont see any file but the controller works

Tks

i've downloaded the essential pack but when i open 2 boot prep it opens terminal with no text just a block, this is where i'm stuck could someone please tell me what i might be doing wrong...thanks :)

also my snow leopard install disc says 10.6.3 on the case

specs, asus p6t se, i7 920, 1gb nvidia 9600gt

i've downloaded the essential pack but when i open 2 boot prep it opens terminal with no text just a block, this is where i'm stuck could someone please tell me what i might be doing wrong...thanks B)

also my snow leopard install disc says 10.6.3 on the case

specs, asus p6t se, i7 920, 1gb nvidia 9600gt

Well if your install disc is 10.6.3 then you are using incompatible files following the original guide. You'll need to use all the files mentioned here that people are using with 10.6.3 instead.

Not trying to be too demanding on here, but as a new user here, I find it very hard to get Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on P6T-SE with the tutorial being spread across 20 or more posts in this thread. It would be wonderful and highly appreciated if the main tutorial gets updated on the main page.

Hope i'm not the only one and my request is comprehended.

Thanks

Hi,

Do you think this might all work on a P6X58D?

They're both P6 mobos, so I am hoping.

If not, I'll have to try to figure out how to modify your instructions.... but they're clear as far as I can tell and it gives me a great starting point!

The "stuff" all arrives from newegg tomorrow!

Not trying to be too demanding on here, but as a new user here, I find it very hard to get Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on P6T-SE with the tutorial being spread across 20 or more posts in this thread. It would be wonderful and highly appreciated if the main tutorial gets updated on the main page.

Thanks

v sorry for the delay i am still avalible on the weekend if you need help my skype will be on

Thanks

i too have been trying to install sl 10.6.3 to my asus p6t se with no joy :rolleyes:

would really appreciate some help

I don't have a 10.6.3 install disc. But the next time I'm home I will try to throw together a kext pack for you that hopefully will work.

would appreciate it thanks mate, thanks for your efforts if you don't manage to get one done also :)

could someone please point me in the right direction, as my last post says, i get stuck at 2 boot prep, is there another boot method i could use with some files from this thread? it's killing me having a built system with an i7 processor and 6 gb ddr3 with no os, i could put windows 7 on, but that's not what i'm here for :)

HI ALL.

I port for the P6T SE my last DSDT v3.3 (stripped and optimized).

ONLY for P6T SE

i7 920 --> HERE

i7 930 --> HERE

i7 940 --> HERE

i7 950 --> HERE

i7 965 --> HERE

i7 975 --> HERE

i7 980x--> HERE

A legacy only for P6T SE with ALC1200.kext and OrangeIconFix.kext all-in-one

P6T-SE.kext --> HERE

(no assertion error in the kernel-log :) )

I suggest use this version of FakeSMC with MacPro4,1 keys (modded by smith@@)

FakeSMC.kext --> HERE

In the dir System/Library/Extensions you need owerwrite your AppleHDA.kext (original 10.6.3) with this binpatched by smith@@

- AppleHDA.kext --> HERE

So we need:

In Extra/Extensions you need:

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-SE.kext

Exellent utility for all operation like rebuild caches and install new kext:

Kext Utility v2.3.2 (cVad) --> HERE

enjoy...

Fabio

• Like 1

HI ALL.

ONLY for P6T SE

i7 920 --> HERE <--

i7 930 --> HERE <--

i7 940 --> HERE <--

i7 950 --> HERE <--

i7 965 --> HERE <--

i7 975 --> HERE <--

P6T-SE.kext --> HERE <--

(no assertion error in the kernel-log :) )

FakeSMC.kext --> HERE <--

In the dir System/Library/Extensions you need owerwrite your AppleHDA.kext (original 10.6.3) with this binpatched by smith@@

- AppleHDA.kext --> HERE <--

So we need:

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-SE.kext

Kext Utility v2.3.2 (cVad) --> HERE <--

enjoy...

Fabio

fab ho did you get your ps3 camera to work on the p6tse osx ?? thanks in advance

thanks for all the support good people, i am typing this from my i7 hackintosh which is still at 10.6 , i just followed the first post, but i run into problems if i update to 10.6.3, i've grabbed the latest files fabio posted, thanks :), just to be sure i need to put these files on my sl boot drive? and then i can update to 10.6.3? thanks again for all the help you lot :D

HI ALL.

ONLY for P6T SE

i7 920 --> HERE <--

i7 930 --> HERE <--

i7 940 --> HERE <--

i7 950 --> HERE <--

i7 965 --> HERE <--

i7 975 --> HERE <--

P6T-SE.kext --> HERE <--

(no assertion error in the kernel-log :| )

FakeSMC.kext --> HERE <--

- AppleHDA.kext --> HERE <--

So we need:

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-SE.kext

Kext Utility v2.3.2 (cVad) --> HERE <--

enjoy...

Fabio

Hi iFabio

I used the Boot 132 Disk from "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208724"'>http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208724" and run with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Disk.

Everything seems to work but no sound.

Then I replaced AppleHDA.kext with the 10.6.3 version from "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208724" using Kext Utility. Actually, I tried all versions 10.6, 10.6.2, even legacy. Still no sound.

Then, I tried your method. This is how I did it.

I manually deleted dsdt.aml, dragged and dropped your DSDT.aml into Extra.

Then I manually deleted FakeSMC.kext and replaced with your FakeSMC.kext and P6T-SE.kext by dragging and dropping into Extra/Extensions

After which I manually deleted AppleHDA.kext and replaced it with your AppleHDA.kext

Ran Kext Utility to update all kexts and rebooted.

Still no sound.

Is there anything I'm not doing right here?

For the record, I'm using P6TSE with Asus GTS250 1GB DDR3 card :D

Cheers,

lfcfanatic