VMware SVGA II display driver for OS X, v1.2.5

308 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

try qemu with vfio passthrough. If your hardware can do that (VT-d) but u will need a dedicated gpu, i tried multiple configurations on VMware (ESXi) and i could get nothing working (tested only multiple nvidia cards that normally work under OSX86)  im not sure what you are trying to accomplish by using tables from a virtualised solution for getting good graphic emulation support. Since real OpenGL / Quartz support in a VM seems a no-go. Best would be to test the older based Zenith drivers with Guestpatches.pkg (forgot the name) incl -svga boot switch?

What would be the best choice to achieve real openGL (or very close to real) in a virtual machine?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/8/2016 at 3:16 PM, cotarelo said:

What would be the best choice to achieve real openGL (or very close to real) in a virtual machine?

AFAIK, there is no such way. Not even close.

You need a real Mac, or a Hackintosh. NOT going to happen on a VM. Even simple & easy games such as Papi Jump do not work. All you may see is game menus.

Inside the actual game you will get an error, and/or a completely black (blank) screen, as 3D rendering & acceleration cannot work inside a VM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Naki said:

You need a real Mac, or a Hackintosh. NOT going to happen on a VM. Even simple & easy games such as Papi Jump do not work. All you may see is game menus.

Inside the actual game you will get an error, and/or a completely black (blank) screen, as 3D rendering & acceleration cannot work inside a VM.

You are replying to a message from 2 years ago!:no:

• Like 1

I know, but:

* Message was unreplied to, so worth replying to.

* My reply is still valid, as it is currently still not possible for this to happen. :)

Edited by Naki
Add more info.

• 2 months later...
On 7/17/2018 at 3:33 PM, Naki said:

Thank you for the reply ! very appreciated :)

Let me know if anything changes

On 10/15/2018 at 12:22 AM, cotarelo said:

Thank you for the reply ! very appreciated :)

Let me know if anything changes

You are quite welcome. :) Sure, will do, although I doubt this can easily change.

• 4 months later...