• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

11Al

11Al

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I need help. I saw that Yosemite runs much better with beam sync disabled, but I wonder if possible enable quartz composito, GJ and 2D Extreme on VM.

kEuRg9Ul.png

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
Does anybody know how to get this working with VMWare Workstation 11 and Yosemite?

It would be good to be able to run it in full screen with the same resolution as the host PC.

ruthan

ruthan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I read whole 15 pages, but still not 3D acceleration and this a shame, i think that there are plenty developers whose would like to teste there SW in virtual machine.

I my case, i would like to test Unity3D games, if would be at least 10 percent of perfromance of physical machine it would be good enough, for most of test cases.

Sven A.

Sven A.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello!

I'm trying to use the VMWare display driver in a virtual MacOS/X instance in QEmu (KVM) running MacOS/X .

I known, that the orginal driver is not supported anymore, so I'm trying to use the VMWare Fusion 7.0 driver (VMwareGfx.kext).

But the driver is not used and I tried many things.

The kernel seems to load the driver, but cannot use it?!

gfx: Loaded com.vmware.kext.VMwareGfx Version 0230.49.77 Build 2304977 (Nov 20 2014 14:49:06)

gfx: svga: Start: Traces not available

gfx: gfx: start: svgaDev.Start failed.

I specified the "-vga vmware" option when starting qemu, but it makes no difference to the "-vga std" option.

Any tips what to check or to try?

Or maybe there is an existing manual available?

(I tried the old and unsupported Svga2 driver (1.2.5), but it hangs during boot.)

Co-ords

Co-ords

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I used the latest 7.1 VMware tools but the performance is just as bad as before sadly on Yosemite. Without a new VGA driver I'm afraid the performance will never be as it was on Mavericks

Zenith432

Zenith432

InsanelyMac Legend

• Developers
  • 501 posts

You need to install JasF's beamoff.app to disable beamsync.

I used the latest 7.1 VMware tools but the performance is just as bad as before sadly on Yosemite. Without a new VGA driver I'm afraid the performance will never be as it was on Mavericks

Co-ords

Co-ords

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I really appreciate this, thanks very much

mrdutchie

mrdutchie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I installed this in VMWare , and now  I have all the display sizes,    but now the screen is black, and I see some desktop icons, but I don't have the bar at the bottom.

Also Unable to access any menus from the top.

Background is black.

Any suggestions ??

mrdutchie

mrdutchie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Spent all day on this,  and cannot get it to work.

As soon as I install the SVGA driver,  the screen turns black..

and the whole system still crawls..

Attached it the log file after I installed the SVGA Driver

Any suggestions????

Attached Files

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Fusion 7.1.1 tools seem to have fixed the problem. No need for beamoff now.

JJTagy

JJTagy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Not sure why, but I still need to turn off beamsync even after 7.1.1 tools installed... Although it's not as bad as before the current version.

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Not sure why, but I still need to turn off beamsync even after 7.1.1 tools installed... Although it's not as bad as before the current version.

I did some more testing and I agree. 7.1.1 tools is an improvement over 7.1.0 tools, but still get best subjective performance using beamoff.

Zenith432

Zenith432

InsanelyMac Legend

• Developers
  • 501 posts

I did some investigating.  Code to disable beamsync calls 2 functions: CGSSetDebugOptions, CGSDeferredUpdates.  I searched all files in VMware Tools 7.1.1 for these strings, and they're not there.  So Tools 7.1.1 doesn't disable beamsync.

I've also noticed that if I set beamoff.app to run on login (using the login items in preferences) - it doens't always work.  I have to run it manually again.  As if there's some problem running it too soon after boot.

Another thing I noticed is that even with QE on a hackintosh (non-virtual machine), disabling beamsync helps graphics performance.

andim

andim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a Yosemite Guest running on a Linux host, VMWare 10 (with latest update).

For VMWare Tools I tried both 7 and 7.1.1 (as found here).

Still, I only get 1024x768 resolution, no other options.

Is there any way to debug this/to fix it?

Thanks!

besweeet

besweeet

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I have a Yosemite Guest running on a Linux host, VMWare 10 (with latest update).
For VMWare Tools I tried both 7 and 7.1.1 (as found here).
Still, I only get 1024x768 resolution, no other options.
Is there any way to debug this/to fix it?

Thanks!

I still see 1024x768 only in the list, too, but I can adjust the window size and it changes the resolution to exactly whatever my window size happens to be.

andim

andim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

@besweet

Thanks, that does work!

(It is a little more difficult with my setup, since I am only remoting into the machines, but at least I can use higher resolution.)

Many thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)
© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy