Master Chief's P5K PRO ACPI Warfare

VegasKarma

908 posts in this topic

I hope nothing bad, a lot of luck.

We had to bring someone back to life. She complained about having chest pain while I was replying to scrax. She went down all of the sudden, before the paramedics arrived (my son called) and thus I jumped up and tried to bring her back. I failed, but the paramedics brought her back to life (she needed oxygen). She is now hospitalized. All ok, but my son was deeply touched by the event and now we cannot sleep. He is listening to some music and I am, well here again. Pfff... man what a day.

Try adding something like this to your SSDT:

Scope (_SB.PCI0.SBUS)
{
Device (SBUS)
{
	Name (_ADR, 0x001F0003)
	OperationRegion (SMBE, PCI_Config, 0x04, One)
	Field (SMBE, BytAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
	{
		IOSE,   1
	}

[color="#FF0000"]Method (ENAB, 0, NotSerialized)
	{
		Store (One, IOSE)
	}

Method (DISB, 0, NotSerialized)
	{
		Store (Zero, IOSE)
	}[/color]
}
}

And a few more lines with a new method:

Scope (\)
{
Method (_TTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
	If (LEqual (Arg0, Zero)) // Wake
	{
		\[color="#FF0000"]_SB.PCI0.SBUS.ENAB ()[/color]
	}

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03)) // Sleep
	{
		[color="#FF0000"]\_SB.PCI0.SBUS.DISB ()[/color]
	}
}
}

You could of course remove the red lines, and do the Store () directly from Method _TTS ;)

Note: Method _TTS is called before _PTS and after _WAK. Give it a try.

Try adding something like this to your SSDT:

I've explained it not well, I have no problem with the Revolution dsdt, it works without Sbus, sleep and wake are ok. But if i try to use that dsdt with all the Scope (_PR) added in chameleon wake don't work. It works with the Sbus code posted before. It's not a problem just i was thinking that if it works with Revolution why is not working with chameleon? Is strange, isn't?

Another thing i've removed from my Scope (_PR) is this:

//Name (PSD, Package (0x05){0x05,Zero,Zero,0xFC,0x04})

and the alias related

My temp are the same as before, and so i think speedstep is still working but i'm not sure.

with MSR Tools i see stepping but it's very quick.

For Revolution are you thinking about open a dedicated Topic with the last modifications?

I've explained it not well, I have no problem with the Revolution dsdt, it works without Sbus, sleep and wake are ok.

I see. Great. No problem thus.

But if i try to use that dsdt with all the Scope (_PR) added in chameleon wake don't work. It works with the Sbus code posted before. It's not a problem just i was thinking that if it works with Revolution why is not working with chameleon? Is strange, isn't?

Yeah, but I am focusing on getting Revolution done, not on fixing Chameleon. Sorry.

Another thing i've removed from my Scope (_PR) is this:

//Name (PSD, Package (0x05){0x05,Zero,Zero,0xFC,0x04})

and the alias related My temp are the same as before, and so i think speedstep is still working but i'm not sure.

with MSR Tools i see stepping but it's very quick.

Is that fast switching related to this specific removal or not? If not forget about it.

For Revolution are you thinking about open a dedicated Topic with the last modifications?

No. Not until people here read and understand the APSL license, in full, and accept that what I did was right i.e. it is my legal right to what I did, but my account was disabled anyway (and both of them) due to the simple fact that I didn't want to share my (unfinished) source code.

Now look at Safari. Most of its source code is freely available under the terms of the APSL 2.0 – which for your info is an OSI approved license – yet Safari as a whole, being a larger work (see point 1.5) is not. Simple isn't it? I thought so, but apparently not on insanelymac.com

No. Not until people here read and understand the APSL license, in full, and accept that what I did was right i.e. it is my legal right to what I did, but my account was disabled anyway (and both of them) due to the simple fact that I didn't want to share my (unfinished) source code.

Now look at Safari. Most of its source code is freely available under the terms of the APSL 2.0 – which for your info is an OSI approved license – yet Safari as a whole, being a larger work (see point 1.5) is not. Simple isn't it? I thought so, but apparently not on insanelymac.com

enough of that, and stop trying confuse others,

first, note that many chameleon modifications are not under APSL license, just look into dsdt_patcher or fake_efi for exemple, have you seen any apple license in there ?

no, because they are copyrighted ,

copyright mean that we can't do anything with those files (sharing, modifying, etc ... as binary or sources) w/o authorization from the authors, but due that those authors are from the same community (the OSX86 community) and 'cause we never had any complain, we do accept to be more flexible, but only if you release your modifications

now if you don't want to release your sources, just start your project from the legacy apple boot 132, that is almost fully under APSL license

Yeah, but I am focusing on getting Revolution done, not on fixing Chameleon. Sorry.

No problem, I'm the last one who wants to distract you from getting Revolution done

I just hope that all this will end in the best way for everybody

Hi all,

I am currently playing around with a custom DSDT.dsl for my Rampage II Extreme (x58/ICH10 based), and I have to say that I am learning a lot reading this forum, especially this thread. I know that my Mobo is not really a P5K, but reading the different DSDT and trying to understand the changes made inside was really usefull for me, as a newbie.

I saw that in some places there are some new devices added, like -for exemple- the ethernet controller. I guess the aim of that is to correct some values showed in IORegistryExplorer and stick to what a real mac would output. Am I right ? Currently I don't have this device in my DSDT.dsl file, but even w/o my eth controller works fine...

Some questions about this: I saw in some other topics that device names were really important if you want to "emulate" as close as possible a real Mac Pro: What are the drawbacks of an incorrect device name? Isn't OSX identifying the devices with there device ID only ?

In my case I took what DSDT patcher was outputing, and renamed all the devices like they are named in a MacPro4,1 DSDT (I mean SBRG to LPCB, PIC to IPIC etc...). I read in some other topic (but I cannot find it back) that doing this let's you used AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement natively (I mean, w/o KP, so w/o the need for NullCPUPowerManagement.kext). Am I missing something here, or am I right ?

The aim of such a questions is the following: If you take a look to real Mac Pro's DSDTs, you will see that for a MacPro4,1 the network interfaces are named ETHx (where 'x' is the adapter #), but for MacPro3,1 they are named LANx. I guess that in this thread you are sticking to the MacPro3,1 naming scheme (as LANx is used). But as my configuration looks more like a MacPro4,1 I should use ETHx instead, right? (The same question could be asked for EHCI/UHCI devices. In a MacPro4,1 DSDT they are named EHC1 and EHC2)

Would be nice if some experts could take 5 sec to give me some "official tested and approved" answers on this :)

M.

PS: I still have some unanswered questions here. I apologize in advance if some of those can sound somehow stupid, but I am rather new with the dsdt patching ;)

Hi all,

Hi,

all the renaming things is just a cosmetic emulation if you want to use the MacPro4.1 name scheme is your choice.

To enable AppleLPC (so AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement works) you need to inject the device-id, the name is not the problem

Sorry to hear it, but I understand why.

Your ideas and encouragement have been motivating and educational.

One day, when I discover where you re-deployed, I will be reading.

Regards

My friend. Thank you very much!

Now. For the record: This might be news for most of you, but people like keeza knew this weeks ago. No. This was not a quick decision we made due to anything related to this forum. We just had to sell the house, which we did – after many hours of working on it. Remember me mentioning it here on this forum? Just ask people like DB1 :(

In short: I don't have any problem whatsoever. I do fail to understand certain people here, but that's not something to worry about. It's just that my sabbatical is over and I have to go back to work. People like Ed, OsXsO and oldnapalm were aware of my condition, that I was shot down, but I never said anything to the general public. Never complained, but had troubles scrolling through long lists of code blocks. Remember? Referring to my back. That's all.... Things are fine again. It's just a scar now. Move on.

Again. Thank you all for sharing this great time with me. Please continue to share the love of open source.

p.s. yes, I did release all modified source code :D

Hi all,

I am currently playing around with a custom DSDT.dsl for my Rampage II Extreme (x58/ICH10 based), and I have to say that I am learning a lot reading this forum, especially this thread. I know that my Mobo is not really a P5K, but reading the different DSDT and trying to understand the changes made inside was really usefull for me, as a newbie.

I saw that in some places there are some new devices added, like -for exemple- the ethernet controller. I guess the aim of that is to correct some values showed in IORegistryExplorer and stick to what a real mac would output. Am I right ? Currently I don't have this device in my DSDT.dsl file, but even w/o my eth controller works fine...

Some questions about this: I saw in some other topics that device names were really important if you want to "emulate" as close as possible a real Mac Pro: What are the drawbacks of an incorrect device name? Isn't OSX identifying the devices with there device ID only ?

In my case I took what DSDT patcher was outputing, and renamed all the devices like they are named in a MacPro4,1 DSDT (I mean SBRG to LPCB, PIC to IPIC etc...). I read in some other topic (but I cannot find it back) that doing this let's you used AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement natively (I mean, w/o KP, so w/o the need for NullCPUPowerManagement.kext). Am I missing something here, or am I right ?

The aim of such a questions is the following: If you take a look to real Mac Pro's DSDTs, you will see that for a MacPro4,1 the network interfaces are named ETHx (where 'x' is the adapter #), but for MacPro3,1 they are named LANx. I guess that in this thread you are sticking to the MacPro3,1 naming scheme (as LANx is used). But as my configuration looks more like a MacPro4,1 I should use ETHx instead, right? (The same question could be asked for EHCI/UHCI devices. In a MacPro4,1 DSDT they are named EHC1 and EHC2)

Would be nice if some experts could take 5 sec to give me some "official tested and approved" answers on this :)

M.

PS: I still have some unanswered questions here. I apologize in advance if some of those can sound somehow stupid, but I am rather new with the dsdt patching :P

I have your mobo and I have everything working on it. The boot time is literally a countdown from "3-2-1" and then desktop once you see the bootloader with no overclocking. During verbose boot there are no errors that I can see. I've renamed the devices based on MC's code and I have a copy of the DSDT from a Mac Pro 3.1 but not the 4.1. Can you upload a copy of the 4.1? I've been looking for it forever. Take a look at the P6T-SE Flashdrive install method by tweak41. That mobo is nearly identical to the Rampage and you can see the code I've used thusfar in making the DSDT. I think the only significant difference between the two boards is the extra LAN port in the Rampage (well that plus about $200 extra :) )

I make my words the Nick words, thanks for the lesson of knowledge, and all demonstrated dedication here in the forum.

Peace.

Thanks for all.

My friend. Thank you very much!

Now. For the record: This might be news for most of you, but people like keeza knew this weeks ago. No. This was not a quick decision we made due to anything related to this forum. We just had to sell the house, which we did �" after many hours of working on it. Remember me mentioning it here on this forum? Just ask people like DB1 :)

In short: I don't have any problem whatsoever. I do fail to understand certain people here, but that's not something to worry about. It's just that my sabbatical is over and I have to go back to work. People like Ed, OsXsO and oldnapalm were aware of my condition, that I was shot down, but I never said anything to the general public. Never complained, but had troubles scrolling through long lists of code blocks. Remember? Referring to my back. That's all.... Things are fine again. It's just a scar now. Move on.

Again. Thank you all for sharing this great time with me. Please continue to share the love of open source.

p.s. yes, I did release all modified source code :whistle:

I am sorry to intervene, here, and while wishing TheChief a happy post-Insanely-Mac life, should we lock this thread if this project is dead, you think? Or did I miss anyone who can try to revive it and continue on his footsteps?

Many thanks again for all your work and thoughts and hours spent.

I am sorry to intervene, here, and while wishing TheChief a happy post-Insanely-Mac life, should we lock this thread if this project is dead, you think? Or did I miss anyone who can try to revive it and continue on his footsteps?

Many thanks again for all your work and thoughts and hours spent.

Many people asked me to stay and thus I will. Be it a little less often.

I also have good news for people here because I have re-written boot0 from scratch and removed the need for boot1. All this to be able to move my new boot2 from the former boot logo spot in the BIOS, to a place where I can jump to it and let it do its thing. And blistering fast that is.

Another thing I did was to move /Extra/ to a dedicated USB memory stick, which enables me to boot from one of my Mac Pro hard drives. And without any modification. There's more work to be done, quite a few bugs to fix, but things are looking promising. And removing the USB memory stick prevents you from booting the hack. Another plus to me.

Many people asked me to stay and thus I will. Be it a little less often.

I also have good news for people here because I have re-written boot0 from scratch and removed the need for boot1. All this to be able to move my new boot2 from the former boot logo spot in the BIOS, to a place where I can jump to it and let it do its thing. And blistering fast that is.

Another thing I did was to move /Extra/ to a dedicated USB memory stick, which enables me to boot from one of my Mac Pro hard drives. And without any modification. There's more work to be done, quite a few bugs to fix, but things are looking promising. And removing the USB memory stick prevents you from booting the hack. Another plus to me.

"Very interesting" is probably some sort of understatement, as far as I'm concerned.

Just to make things a bit more clear:

To test Revolution v3 by TheChief you need to:

1. Download Chameleon2RC4 source code
  2. Download TheChief's Revolution v3 source code and example files
  3. Compile Revolution and use the resulting boot file
  4. Add /Extra/ACPI/ssdt.aml adapted for your pstate more info, note: there are some example in the Revolution v3 .zip)
  5. Post here your results

the fake_efi.c file i've posted add the rekursors patch but TheChief has rewritten it in a future update, so for now i think it's not useful for the test phase.

Here is my ssdt.dsl with some device added to the dsdt integrated in Revolution

I've changed fake_efi.c to match the use of SystemId convention instead of SystemID like in Chameleon 2RC5, if somebody is still interested in Revolution here it is:

fake_efi.c.zip

This is fantastic :o the just correct word here would be "revolutionary".. cant wait till its made as you wrote earlier in the chat, capable of automating all the dsdt related things so everyone can use it :o!!

Sadly, my level is way below this, and when I look at the places in the codebox's, that you guys have marked with red, and tells the user to change... I have no idea what to change them into, with the fear of wrecking my mobo and/or cpu :o

My system speccs are:

Mobo: P5K PRO

CPU: E8400

GFX: XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition

Bios Rev.: 1303

Harddisks running as: AHCI

RAM: 4GB Crucial DDR2 PC8500

Input: USB Mouse and key..

I realize im just supposed to set/change the DSDT according to my CPU and GFX, but what if it is set wrong o0

Thats why I cant wait till revolution is launched and capable of doing what it strifes for, its gonna help alot :)