Master Chief's P5K PRO ACPI Warfare

VegasKarma

908 posts in this topic

When the computer is turned on and the coupling on firewire

minidv does not recognize ...

if instead the first coupling minidv on and then turn on the computer

snow leopard recognizes the minidv .. why??

B/c hotplug dosen't seems to work on it...there is your bug.

how can I fix this bug ....?

Good question. Lousy answer... you can't. Letting your hack sleep first is a known work around.

Good news folks!

Duvel300 patched the boot file of Chameleon 2.0 RC4 and as a result of this we no longer need OSXRestart.kext You can download the boot file from the GigaByte thread.

Note: The GigaByte ACPI tables are more broken than the ASUS and MSI versions because all we need to do, is to change the value of "flags" – which was a well known issue as OSXRestart worked around it.

Thanks to Duvel300 for the patch!!!

p.s. I would like to encourage people here to complain about this bug (in the Asus forums) so that this bug gets fixed for the next BIOS update. Thank you!

p.s. I would like to encourage people here to complain about this bug (in the Asus forums) so that this bug gets fixed for the next BIOS update. Thank you!

ASUS official forum is a dead end, total ignored, not a single reply(or result) on bugs complain....

I'll suggest a better way on XS forum, there is a nice guy JJ (Juan Jose) under nick illuminatiASUS that seems to be interested to find and fix bugs:

My name is Juan Jose you can call me JJ for short. I am a fairly new member in the ASUS family but have currently been accepted into a new position. One aspect in this division we are working on is branching out and contacting and developing direct ties to the enthusiast community. We are doing because we respect your opinions and insights in the use and development of component technologies. We additionally want to strengthen confidence in forums and in users that they are channels for contact and we are developing new ways to put information out that is relevant and useful to the enthusiast.

You can find it here: illuminatiASUS

Go spam him, I'll do the same :(

Good question. Lousy answer... you can't. Letting your hack sleep first is a known work around.

Good news folks!

Duvel300 patched the boot file of Chameleon 2.0 RC4 and as a result of this we no longer need OSXRestart.kext You can download the boot file from the GigaByte thread.

nice info! thanks

EDIT: i've tried the extremelyinsane on my board. For SATA it works (the first insanedsdt not) At a first test the only thing lost is audio, but not yet checked the efi string.

Only mod i made are my p-state

EDIT2: Also sleep is broken, black screen but no fan stop and no wake, need to force reboot

You can find it here: illuminatiASUS

Go spam him, I'll do the same ;)

I'll try too, thank's!

Hi all.

I am also on asus p5k pro

but i keep getting the still waiting for root device on boot.

i can see when i boot in safe mode "apple hda controller not found and kextd not available in early boot.

any body have a solution.i am new to mac.and really want to try out snow leopard.

i have Os x 10.5.8 installed as primary hdd.

and want to boot snow from secundary hdd.

sincerely bossob

nice info! thanks

EDIT: i've tried the extremelyinsane on my board. For SATA it works (the first insanedsdt not) At a first test the only thing lost is audio, but not yet checked the efi string.

Only mod i made are my p-state

EDIT2: Also sleep is broken, black screen but no fan stop and no wake, need to force reboot

I'll try too, thank's!

About this sleep problem: I ran into this myself. I don't know what happened but I somehow need ASSB again. Then things are fine again.

All I did was to connect two of my previously disconnected SATA cables, and the upgrade to Chameleon RC4. I will do some testing now and hope to report back what the problem is. Hopefully... if I can locate it.

Hi master, I have a doubt. The question is: is it possible recall the "Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)" with of the aliases?

I have to enter 6 "Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)" completely identical but I would insert with aliases. It's possible to write one and to recall the others with help of aliases like:

Name (PW93, Package (0x02)

{

0x09,

0x03

})

====>>>>> Alias (PW93, _PRW)

I have try in this way but the name works, instead the method don't (The error is: too few arguments).

Sorry for my english and thanks for possible answers, I am very interested in understanding ;)

installed 10.6.2

found out that snow used its ati radeon 4870 hd for my geforce 8600

so i installed my ati 4870 card instead works nowATI Radeon HD 4870:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4870

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9440

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

Display Connector:

Status: No Display Connected(but it does not recognice my samsung 26" hd screen

but who cares it works.

and my quad core is also working

all 4 cores are there

just missing sound and problems with restart

About this sleep problem: I ran into this myself. I don't know what happened but I somehow need ASSB again. Then things are fine again.

All I did was to connect two of my previously disconnected SATA cables, and the upgrade to Chameleon RC4. I will do some testing now and hope to report back what the problem is. Hopefully... if I can locate it.

Maybe could be good to inform you that I have the problem with all 4 sata port connected (not yet tested with less) and using Chameleon4 too, but the rekursor patched one not the one you mentioned some posts before.

I have also a strange behavior when connecting another SATA HD to Jmicron port but maybe is a problem with the HD (it comes from a broken raid)

okay sorry for that

No worries. We're all getting a little impatient when we hit a wall of trouble. One that doesn't seem to go away without help. We've all been there. Just hang in ;)

Hi master, I have a doubt. The question is: is it possible recall the "Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)" with of the aliases?

I myself never tried it, but I am pretty sure that it can't be done. Sorry.

installed 10.6.2

found out that snow used its ati radeon 4870 hd for my geforce 8600 so i installed my ati 4870 card instead works nowATI Radeon HD 4870 and my quad core is also working all 4 cores are there

just missing sound and problems with restart

Seem like you are making progress. Good for you. Now you need a kext for audio and either OSXRestart.kext or the new/patched Chameleon boot file. It's up to you.

Maybe could be good to inform you that I have the problem with all 4 sata port connected (not yet tested with less) and using Chameleon4 too, but the rekursor patched one not the one you mentioned some posts before.

I have also a strange behavior when connecting another SATA HD to Jmicron port but maybe is a problem with the HD (it comes from a broken raid)

It wasn't related to the number of connected drives. Neither to the (patched) Chameleon boot file because the problem didn't went away after I restored the previous one from a backup.

Still trying to locate the problem. Oh and I also noticed that the "Waiting for DSMOS..." message reappeared in kernel.log I am stumped.

Master, i missed the question, not with aliases. This is the method that i would to recall, how?

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{

Store (Package (0x0b)
					{
					  "AAPL,clock-id", 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x0A
						}, 

"device_type", 
						Buffer (0x05)
						{
							"EHCI"
						}, 

"AAPL,current-available", 
						0x04B0, 
						"AAPL,current-extra", 
						0x02BC, 
						"AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
						0x03E8, 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x00
						}
					}, Local0)
				MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}

Seem like you are making progress. Good for you. Now you need a kext for audio and either OSXRestart.kext or the new/patched Chameleon boot file. It's up to you

its for Realtek ALC883 my missing sound kext

osxrestart.kext worked like a charme. i even got it in danish wooooooow to snow leopard.

bossob like very mutch. ;);)

Master, i missed the question, not with aliases. This is the method that i would to recall, how?
			{

Store (Package (0x0b)
					{
					  "AAPL,clock-id", 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x0A
						}, 

[color="#FF8C00"]						   "device_type", 
						Buffer (0x05)
						{
							"EHCI"
						},[/color] 

[color="#FF0000"]							"AAPL,current-available", 
						0x04B0, 
						"AAPL,current-extra", 
						0x02BC, 
						"AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
						0x03E8, 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x00
						}[/color]
					}, Local0)
				Return (Local0)
			}

I see. But you should not need the red lines, and possibly not even the orange lines. Give it a try.

BTW: You said to have six identical calls of _DSM but in case you are talking about the USB ports, then these are not the same. Or should not be the same.

its for Realtek ALC883 my missing sound kext

osxrestart.kext worked like a charme. i even got it in danish wooooooow to snow leopard.

bossob like very mutch. :):P

Great. See post #3 (attachments) for the missing audio kext. Please note that you don't need LegacyHDAController with 10.6 anymore. Only LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.

I see. But you should not need the red lines, and possibly not even the orange lines. Give it a try.

BTW: You said to have six identical calls of _DSM but in case you are talking about the USB ports, then these are not the same. Or should not be the same.

Great. See post #3 (attachments) for the missing audio kext. Please note that you don't need LegacyHDAController with 10.6 anymore. Only LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.

Have to say i am completely lost around that sound business.

Is it a kext file i need?and can i get it from somewhere. maby a link tried 7 different kext without any luck..dammm that sound. i try to install all over maby i missed something

Can anybody provide with the kext i need for a succesfull install.

p5k pro

ati 4870 hd

and sound there works

Here I am gain with some more info about my test with the Extr.Ins.dsdt.aml

Audio works after adding to HDEF this method:

{
				Store (Package (0x06)
					{
						"built-in", 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x00
						}, 

"layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x73, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						Buffer (Zero) {}
					}, Local0)
				Return (Local0)
			}

NOTE: with in c.a.B.p this code doesn't work:

<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>
  <dict>
		<key>built-in</key>
		<string>0x00</string>
		<key>layout-id</key>
		<string>0x73030000</string>
		<key>PinConfigurations</key>
		<string>0x00</string>
	</dict>

Note2:

...you don't need LegacyHDAController with 10.6 anymore. Only LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.

I'm using 2 .kext for audio, LegaciHDAPlatformDriver and LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext is this needed (it's the one from your audio package)? Let's try without :(

EDIT: Working without LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext

With jmicron drive connected it takes 3x time to boot up and after boot up, usb keyboard and mouse don't work, so i have to force shoutdown and reboot without any drive connected to jmicron. I'll check this problem after the audio one.

without Jmicron drive no problem with ICH9 sata.

The sleep problem is still here of course.

Now all the .kext i'm using are:

/Extra/Extensions/fakesmc

/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDAPlatformDriver

/Extra/Extensions/OSXRestart

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIAATA.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

Well got around to reinstall snow os

but forgot what kext there works for install.on my last install i forgot to keep the files.

anybody out there who can help me out please.

i get kernel panic on every startup of snow

what i mean is can someone provide me with kext`s for p5k pro.