Master Chief's P5K PRO ACPI Warfare

VegasKarma

908 posts in this topic

Alright, I'll point people to the script-patches next time. There are around 6-7 of them floating around, for different on-board sound.

I like hex-editing AppleHDA with 0xED though, I feel like a badass when I do that. :D

I understand it, but I was afraid that the forum rules might kick back at you (...)

I've reported myself to the moderators. :rolleyes:

You're not the first person to spot some of the odd similarities.

Good, I'm glad I was right.

Alright, I'll point people to the script-patches next time. There are around 6-7 of them floating around, for different on-board sound.

I like hex-editing AppleHDA with 0xED though, I feel like a badass when I do that. :D

I've reported myself to the moderators. :rolleyes:

I am not an expert in legal matters, so I'll try to use common sense.

1)Modified kexts have been linked/uploaded countless times in this forum, including by myself.

2)Is AppleHDA.kext open source? I believe not. And yet we have been discussing countless times whether installing OS X on a PC is legal. Basically if you have bought a copy of OS X and you install it on your PC, you can only be in breach of EULA (and not in every country), but certainly there is no criminal offence involved.

Thus my conclusion would be that, if you own a copy of OS X, using a modified kext isn't obviously worse than using a distribution.

The big remaining question is if it can be linked or uploaded here (in the same way as you can't link a distribution, only mention it).

Overall it don't believe that uploading/linking modified kexts is a serious breach of forum rules.

I understand it, but I was afraid that the forum rules might kick back at you because one of them reads: "No posting of copyrighted material. This includes copying and pasting news articles from news websites.

"

I therefore think that it is best to remove the link (to AppleHDA) before one of the admin's steps in....

Please leave the moderating to the staff. If you feel a rule is broken, use the report function & carry on.

Please leave the moderating to the staff. If you feel a rule is broken, use the report function & carry on.

Thanks, but I am not going to report anyone without first knowing what can or can't be done.

p.s. It was just me trying to be polite. Pointing to a possible forum rule violation. Stating that teaching people neat tricks is better than attaching files since this particular file, and many others, will soon be worthless anyway.

Thanks, but I am not going to report anyone without first knowing what can or can't be done.

Reporting somebody or something is not the end of the world. We do not "punish" somebody just because he/she has been reported. There are also many ways you can word a report, like for instance "I wonder if..."

In any case it is better than starting a futile discussion: let the staff judge what is proper and what is not.

And finally, if you have a doubt about forum rules, it is better to pm one of us than starting a public discussion.

teaching people neat tricks is better than attaching files since this particular file, and many others, will soon be worthless anyway.

I totally agree.

And thanks Alessandro.

Please leave the moderating to the staff.

DutchHockeyPro's only said that it might not be okay to upload an Apple kernel extension, that's all.

Then I got curious and reported my own post, asking for the opinion of a moderator.

Peace.

• 2 months later...

Hello Master Chief I'm trying to seek information and understand how best to configure dsdt.aml. following your guidance and advice

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...eaded&start = # entry1280888.

In the attached files I saw that you also put the Extra folder P5K PRO P5K PRO SLE and Kexts.zip Kexts.zip.La question is this: I enter the SLE in the folder of your P5K PRO kexts and delete all of my course, always for my Asus P5Q3 go well, I think Extras is the same thing.

Thank you in advance for the replies and I apologize I do not know much English

• 4 months later...

Anyone given 10.7 a try with this? Didn't see any mention in the 10.7 forum, so I'm hoping that means it pretty much just works and didn't constitute any lengthy discussion... I'm hoping to get it going over the weekend, will report back if no one else speaks up.