Master Chief's P5K PRO ACPI Warfare

VegasKarma

908 posts in this topic

Master Chief

Thanks for your good explanation.

Chief, question at the experts.

Is there a way in DSDT the CPU type (for example Xeon) to specify?

I do not get some programs installed, the cause unknown processor.

That would be super, because i would not like to change system files (vanilla system).

thx

parcival

No, but you can patch the SMBIOS table with help of Chameleon or Boot Think. That should help – this is however off topic talk so use search. Thanks.

Master Chief,

I have two firewire audio equipment.

When I transfers them in leopard 10.5.X , Appearance “FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.” in system.log .

When I transfers them in leopard 10.6.1,Appearance “ FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)" in kernel.log

I cannot use them .

It very important for me.How to solve?I love snow leopard.

@Cheezmen, Master Chief and spanakorizo

Thanks for the hint, CPUInjector.kext works perfectly.

@ Master Chief

because of your 1T Chameleon problem.

I use Boot Think and am surprised like well it work. Boot from USB, HDD and install the Retail DVD without problem.

I do not have a problem with Boot Think with my two 1T HDD.

parcival

apparently I'm just not smart enough to make any of this work. I spent all last night and this morning just trying to make AUDIO work, and I've had nothing but KPs during boot, USB ports not working, or simply seeing no changes. I've tried taking MC's dsl and patching it for my machine, I've tried taking my old dsl and patching in MC's changes, and I've tried making a brand spanking new dsl and patching that. It seems like as I go through and make changes one-by-one there will be no real changes, and then all of a sudden adding a new patch that I don't really care about (like removing PS2 keyboard) will kill everything.

In a last ditch effort to get some audio working before I have another whole day to kill trying to figure this out, here's a link to the DSDT I'm using right now that 'works'. I would be unbelievably grateful if someone could help me patch it for audio.. I can't go on without music!

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1400235/dsdt.aml.zip

Thanks

Master Chief,

I have two firewire audio equipment.

When I transfers them in leopard 10.5.X , Appearance “FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.” in system.log .

When I transfers them in leopard 10.6.1,Appearance “ FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)" in kernel.log

I cannot use them .

It very important for me.How to solve?I love snow leopard.

I don't have any FireWire hardware at the moment – using eSATA – but I was already considering buying an external enclosure for FireWire testing. Let's do that sometime next week.

Would you mind testing something for me? Disconnect the hardware and tell me what error, if any, you get in kernel.log Thanks.

p.s. I see that this was your first post here, or with a new account, but please setup a signature first – we need to know what hardware/software you are using in order to help you.

apparently I'm just not smart enough to make any of this work. I spent all last night and this morning just trying to make AUDIO work, and I've had nothing but KPs during boot, USB ports not working, or simply seeing no changes. I've tried taking MC's dsl and patching it for my machine, I've tried taking my old dsl and patching in MC's changes, and I've tried making a brand spanking new dsl and patching that. It seems like as I go through and make changes one-by-one there will be no real changes, and then all of a sudden adding a new patch that I don't really care about (like removing PS2 keyboard) will kill everything.

In a last ditch effort to get some audio working before I have another whole day to kill trying to figure this out, here's a link to the DSDT I'm using right now that 'works'. I would be unbelievably grateful if someone could help me patch it for audio.. I can't go on without music!

Starting fixing things first:

1) Upgrade your BIOS to v1303 and update your signature accordantly.

2) Copy the latest dsdt.aml into / (use it after you've add the things you need).

And here are some general tips:

1) Use Disk Utility to check verify/repair permissions.

2) Always use: sudo /S*/L*/Extensions to trigger a refresh of Extensions.mkext

– You can check this by looking at: /S*/L*/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/ in finder and wait for it to refresh (change view to: Show items in a list). Don't use kext utility because it sucks (sets the wrong permissions, and it does something weird with one of the kexts).

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1400235/dsdt.aml.zip

Thanks

Hi farski,

I have my audio working and I can't see why yours should not work. We have the same P5KPro. I modified my DSDT to have all the wonderful changes in Master Chief's DSDT (i think he will start wearing his underpants outside his trousers soon :().

I did a LOT of searching on these forums. Look for anything on ALC883 and you will finds quite a bit of information. The steps I did were:

1) patch my DSDT to get Audio device recognised by System Profiler.

2) Use LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext.

3) Patch the LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext for the right verbs for P5KPro. See Verbs dump in linux

Also

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=171183

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=143697

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...149128&st=0

I get a few sound assertion errors at start which other people have reported as well but the sound works.

I've attached my DSDT (with master chief v2.4 mods) and my patched kext for you to try. Also make sure your bios is latest as well as Master Chief said. My processor is Core 2 Duo E6750 2.6gz in the DSDT.

Jag

P5KPro_1303.zip

Thanks Master Chief

I already update my signatuie.

Tell me how to do fot test.I will do with one's strength.

I find that error having nothing to do with the audio equipment. Regardless of them power on or power off.

My system can find firewire.But when "FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)" or "FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure." appears in kernel.log . The audio equipment can not work.

this is my kernel.log (snow leopard 10.6.1)

Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: npvhash=4095
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: PAE enabled
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: 64 bit mode enabled
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0: Fri Jul 31 22:47:34 PDT 2009; root:xnu-1456.1.25~1/RELEASE_I386
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: vm_page_bootstrap: 2007529 free pages and 89623 wired pages
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: mig_table_max_displ = 73
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: CPUInjector: Probing.
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: CPUInjector: Setting cpu-type=<data not shown>
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: CPUInjector: cpus
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=1 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=2 LocalApicId=1 Enabled
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=3 LocalApicId=2 Enabled
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=4 LocalApicId=3 Enabled
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Quarantine
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Quarantine policy (Quarantine)
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Sandbox
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Seatbelt sandbox policy (Sandbox)
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: MAC Framework successfully initialized
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: mbinit: done (64 MB memory set for mbuf pool)
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: netkas presents fakesmc, a kext which emulates smc device
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: From path: "uuid", 
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting for boot volume with UUID 02CFE97D-38AC-3905-A4F4-BEFA63443145
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient: ready
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Not loading kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - not found and kextd not available in early boot.
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Not loading kext com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon2 - not found and kextd not available in early boot.
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRT3@3/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/ST3500320NS Media/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/Untitled@2
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: BSD root: disk1s2, major 14, minor 7
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 8020 PCI now active, GUID 00e0003c1670018f; max speed s400.FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1106 ID 3044 PCI now active, GUID 001e8c0001255bdf; max speed s400.
Oct 12 18:17:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: initialization complete
Oct 12 18:17:42 localhost kernel[0]: systemShutdown false
Oct 12 18:17:43 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == requireMaxBusStallArray" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 1212 goto Exit
Oct 12 18:17:53 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper SA
Oct 12 18:17:53 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: RxRingSize <= 1024, TxRingSize 256, RX_MAX_LE 1024, TX_MAX_LE 768, ST_MAX_LE 3328
Oct 12 18:17:53 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: Waiting for DSMOS...
Oct 12 18:17:54 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
Oct 12 18:17:55 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.
Oct 12 18:17:55 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == mMikeyInterruptSource" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleMikeyDriver/AppleMikeyACPI.cpp" at line 260 goto Exit
Oct 12 18:17:55 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleMikeyDriver/AppleMikeyI2C.cpp" at line 197 goto handler
Oct 12 18:17:55 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "mMikeyReceiverFound && 0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleMikeyDriver/AppleMikeyI2C.cpp" at line 247 goto Exit
Oct 12 18:17:55 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != readRegisters ( (UInt8*)&mRegisterCache )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleMikeyDriver/AppleMikeyI2C.cpp" at line 104 goto handler
Oct 12 18:18:00 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
Oct 12 18:18:00 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: yukon: Ethernet address 00:1f:c6:43:00:b6
Oct 12 18:18:01 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: error - Link Partner not Auto-Neg. able
Oct 12 18:18:01 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 skgehw - cppSkDrvEvent - SK_DRV_LIPA_NOT_AN_ABLE: link partner not auto-negotiate capable, port, phy r6
Oct 12 18:18:01 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: Ethernet [AppleYukon2]: Link up on en0, 10-Megabit, Half-duplex, No flow-control, Debug [796d,0c08,0de1,0200,0021,0000]
Oct 12 18:18:10 Zhou-GTmatoMac-Pro kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: VBL too high (91706145), capping to 20000000

I saw this in forum

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...83914&st=20

I using Chameleon-2.0-r431 and p.c.-efi 10.2 boot leopard 10.5.5.My firewire working fine.

I also using dsdt v2.6 and some kext in Extra folder.

But in snow leopard "FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)"……still.

So I guessing ,Whether this error come form the boot?

Hi,

thank you for this great thread!! Reading through your messages I had the chance to learn a lot regarding OSX install. I started using OSX 10.5.4 as a test and it slowly became my main OS (for HD recording and mixing); reading your posts I realized my installation had a lot of problems, so I bought SL, started again from scratch, and now I have an almost perfect installation!!! Still a few glitches here and there, but nothing serious.

Thanks a lot!

Andrea

Master Chief,

I make momentarily something cosmetics with "Name (_SUN, One)".

Thereby am tripped i over that.

Device (EHCI)  // Renamed from: EUSB - Extended with Power Management and Port Wake Capabilities.
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001D0007)
               /*Name (_SUN, One)*/
               Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
               {
                   0x0D, 
                   0x03
               })

with active _SUN get the following error message. :(

12.10.09 15:49:12	kernel	USBF:	2.349	AppleUSBOHCI[0xb56e000]::
CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleepUSBF:	2.349
AppleUSBOHCI[0xb9d1800]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

This concerns only EHCI device, all other devices is OK with _SUN.

pci.png

An idea?

Thanks for your time.

parcival

Master Chief,

I try to apply all your modifications on my DSDT.aml file on a P5QPro motherboard (ICH10),

every thing seems OK (I compare the data you add with the intel PDF it's look like the registry are the same between ICH9 and ICH10)

there is only on data I can't find in the intel doc :

Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate () { //Current Resource Setting (ICH9R-3169722.pdf / 12.11 / page 375

is the page ok ?

Regards,

Vincent

here is my dsdt.dsl file: dsdt.rar

Master Chief,

I try to apply all your modifications on my DSDT.aml file on a P5QPro motherboard (ICH10),

every thing seems OK (I compare the data you add with the intel PDF it's look like the registry are the same between ICH9 and ICH10)

there is only on data I can't find in the intel doc :

Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate () { //Current Resource Setting (ICH9R-3169722.pdf / 12.11 / page 375

is the page ok ?

Regards,

Vincent

here is my dsdt.dsl file: dsdt.rar

No, that should have been: "// Current Resource Setting (ACPIspec30a.pdf / 12.11 / page 375)".

Thank you for catching this. Fixed for the next release.

Master Chief,

I make momentarily something cosmetics with "Name (_SUN, One)".

<snip />

Thanks for your time.

parcival

Ask yourself this question: "Why do I get an error for a cosmetic only change?". Rhetoric answer... It isn't.

Food first. Later!

Hi,

thank you for this great thread!! Reading through your messages I had the chance to learn a lot regarding OSX install. I started using OSX 10.5.4 as a test and it slowly became my main OS (for HD recording and mixing); reading your posts I realized my installation had a lot of problems, so I bought SL, started again from scratch, and now I have an almost perfect installation!!! Still a few glitches here and there, but nothing serious.

Thanks a lot!

Andrea

Welcome aboard!

And keep reading this thread because we'll be having more updates for you soon. The first one will be big:

===============================================================

The following devices have been removed for the next release:

ASOC, RMSC, SIOR and a hidden one called IELK

Be prepared, because I removed a whopping 130KB. Resulting in a much smaller version of dsdt.aml (1/3 reduction). Making it a much better read for all of us.

Also, shutdown now works without OpenHaltRestart.kext

Warm boot (restart) still not working – which is high on my TODO list. Back to work now.

Master Chief,

if I understand your method for the DVD rom sleep PB,

you add :

Method (_GTS, 1, NotSerialized) // Going To Sleep.

{

Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.SATA.ORM)

if (LEqual (\_SB.PCI0.SATA.P2E, One))

{

Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.SATA.P2E)

}

}

For PORT P2E so port sata 2 (if the number start from 0 according to the intel doc, port 3 for the P5K doc)

So If my DVD rom is on port 5, I should change P2E to P5E

an to the same in this part of DSDT :

if (LEqual (\_SB.PCI0.SATA.P2E, Zero))

{

Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.SATA.P2E)

}

Return (WAKP)

Right ?

nothing else ?

Vincent

Master Chief,

if I understand your method for the DVD rom sleep PB, you add :

<snip />

So If my DVD rom is on port 5, I should change P2E to P5E an to the same in this part of DSDT :

<snip />

Right ? nothing else ?

Vincent

You can check things by adding a _INI Method yo the SATA Device in your DSDT. Here's what I used for testing (got to be creative sometimes):

Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   // MV is reserved –let's find out the values by putting some of my drives in the OFF state.
                   if (MV)
                   {
                       // Store (Zero, SC) // Change to SATA-4 Ports mode.
                       Store (Zero, P2E) // SATA3/DVD Drive in OFF state.
                       // Store (Zero, P1E) // Backup Disk in OFF state.                    
                   }
                   if (LEqual (MV, 0x01))
                   {
                       Store (Zero, P3E)
                   }
                   if (LEqual (MV, 0x02))
                   {
                       Store (Zero, P4E)
                   }
                   if (LEqual (MV, 0x03))
                   {
                       Store (Zero, P5E)
                   }
               }

Remove everything you don't want/need. Having a single line in _INI to put the port into the OFF state should work. Auto sleep works then, but how do you change a Read Only bit?

I know that it can be done (somehow) simply because I verified it 20 times. And I did check sleep and wake ups. Including inserting/removing DVD's so it has to be possible. And yes, I did remove the _INI method before testing (also not part of the attached dsdt).

The problem is that I lost the working code during the final cleanups; I started to add checks and removed some code blocks... thinking not to need them anymore. And yes that was before making a backup.

And I only noticed it, the error, when I was adding my post here. Thinking Hmm... this can't be right. And it wasn't.

I feel so stupid for not making a backup. This has to wait a little longer now (until after DSDT V2.7 is released).

Thanks for the info,

I'll make some test on my P5Q

regards

Great. And in that case I'll better add some notes:

Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
{
// Store (Zero, SMS) // NO boot.
// Store (0x01, SMS) // AHCI (default value from BIOS).
Store (0x02, SMS) // RAID – Yellow drive icons (ICH8-R RAID in System Profiler).
// Store (0x03, SMS) // NO boot.
Store (Zero, SC) // 4-port mode (on 1 controller).
}

Never mind the yellow drive icons (easy fix) we need to set SC/SMS or you won't be able to set P[4/5]E (see notes in P4E and P5E). Now read this:

NOTE: This bit takes precedence over P3CMD.SUD (offset ABAR+298h:bit 1). When

MAP.SPD[3] is ‘1’ this is reserved and is read-only 0.

NOTE: This bit takes precedence over P2CMD.SUD (offset ABAR+218h:bit 1). When

MAP.SPD[2] is ‘1’ this is reserved and is read-only 0.

These are the two black SATA ports. That's my personal target (setting map[2/3/4] bits). No change in SC/SMS required?

in this method :

// Newly added: MAP - Address Map Register (ICH9R-3169722.pdf / 14.1.30 / page 556).

OperationRegion (MAP, PCI_Config, 0x90, One)

Field (MAP, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)

{

MV, 2,

, 3,

SC, 1,

SMS, 2

}

I may misunderstand the intel doc :

SATA Mode Select (SMS) — R/W. SW programs these bits to control the mode in

which the SATA Controller should operate:

00b = IDE mode

01b = AHCI mode

10b = RAID mode

11b = Reserved

you write "SMS,2", does it mean : Raid mode ?

Vincent

in this method :

// Newly added: MAP - Address Map Register (ICH9R-3169722.pdf / 14.1.30 / page 556).

OperationRegion (MAP, PCI_Config, 0x90, One)

Field (MAP, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)

{

MV, 2,

, 3,

SC, 1,

SMS, 2

}

I may misunderstand the intel doc :

<snip />

you write "SMS,2", does it mean : Raid mode ?

Vincent

No. SMS is the name and the 2 (in red) is the bit length. And yes, you have to store 0x02 in SMS (at boot time) to activate RAID.

DSDT V2.7 has been released today (see attachments in post #3).

The following Devices have been removed: ASOC, SIOC, RMSC and IELK

I'll let the number do the talking:

DSDT V2.6

ASL Input: dsdt.dsl - 10522 lines, 339755 bytes, 4882 keywords

AML Output: ./dsdt.aml - 39750 bytes, 1065 named objects, 3817 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 138 Optimizations

DSDT V2.7

ASL Input: dsdt.dsl - 6655 lines, 203805 bytes, 2820 keywords

AML Output: ./dsdt.aml - 23602 bytes, 789 named objects, 2031 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 96 Optimization

The good news is that shutdown now works as advertised by Apple (without OpenHaltRestart.kext):

1) control+eject.

2) command+option+control+eject.

3) Apple Menu Shutdown.

4) Enter shutdown -h now (in terminal window)

5) Login window.

The bad news is that you still need OpenHaltRestart.kext for the occasional warm boot (restart).

All in all a good starting point for further cleanups and code reduction (the Processor blocks for example).

p.s. The archive now includes two diff files; one against DSDT v2.6 and the other against the vanilla DSDT (BIOS v1303).

YAYYYY!!! sound! 2.7 seems to have fixed whatever issues I was having. IRQNoFlags did need to be removed to eliminate sounds sound crackling and whole-system hiccups I was getting about every 10 seconds. So..thanks to MC for all his work; except for now I'm two weeks behind on TV shows and podcasts that I have to catch up on!

No. SMS is the name and the 2 (in red) is the bit length. And yes, you have to store 0x02 in SMS (at boot time) to activate RAID.

DSDT V2.7 has been released today (see attachments in post #3).

The following Devices have been removed: ASOC, SIOC, RMSC and IELK

I'll let the number do the talking:

DSDT V2.6

ASL Input: dsdt.dsl - 10522 lines, 339755 bytes, 4882 keywords

AML Output: ./dsdt.aml - 39750 bytes, 1065 named objects, 3817 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 138 Optimizations

DSDT V2.7

ASL Input: dsdt.dsl - 6655 lines, 203805 bytes, 2820 keywords

AML Output: ./dsdt.aml - 23602 bytes, 789 named objects, 2031 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 96 Optimization

The good news is that shutdown now works as advertised by Apple (without OpenHaltRestart.kext):

1) control+eject.

2) command+option+control+eject.

3) Apple Menu Shutdown.

4) Enter shutdown -h now (in terminal window)

5) Login window.

The bad news is that you still need OpenHaltRestart.kext for the occasional warm boot (restart).

All in all a good starting point for further cleanups and code reduction (the Processor blocks for example).

p.s. The archive now includes two diff files; one against DSDT v2.6 and the other against the vanilla DSDT (BIOS v1303).

Master Chief, I salute you for your knowledge and your work for hackintosh community. People with P5K boards are lucky that they have you for making their systems close to a real Mac. Just wondering about people like me who are having Gigabyte boards that we don't have someone like you to help us out. I know you don't like people veering off-topic...just wanted to congratulate you mate...

cheers :(

Hi Master Chief,

I have some question about SpeedStep.

I include in my dsdt (base on your 2.7 version adapt for a P5Q Pro), cst and p-states extract with everest on windows and it work under MacOs using Imac 9.1 data in smbios.plist.

Can I use them if I try to put MacPro 3.1 or 4.1 in smbios.plist ?

regards,

Barnum

My dsdt : dsdt_clean.rar