Master Chief's P5K PRO ACPI Warfare

VegasKarma

908 posts in this topic

@ MasterChief

I know you're in the middle of something great, but i wanted to verify something when you get a sec.

In your EC device this is the part that lets your samsumg DVD, specifically on PRT2, to allow sleep:

Field (ECOR, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
				{
					CDIN,   1, Offset (0x02) 
				}

Method (_QCD, 0, NotSerialized) // Event CD.
				{
					If (CDIN)
					{
						Notify (\_SB.PCI0.SATA.PRT2, 0x81)
					}
					Else
					{
						Notify (\_SB.PCI0.SATA.PRT2, 0x82)
					}
				}

So anyone who wants to use this patch needs to make sure they have their Samsung DVD drive on the corresponding port.

Makes me wish I hadn't bought a set pair of Sony DVD burners. I may resurrect my Samsungs just to try it out.

@ MasterChief

I know you're in the middle of something great, but i wanted to verify something when you get a sec.

In your EC device this is the part that lets your samsumg DVD, specifically on PRT2, to allow sleep:

... (see post #328)

So anyone who wants to use this patch needs to make sure they have their Samsung DVD drive on the corresponding port.

Makes me wish I hadn't bought a set pair of Sony DVD burners. I may resurrect my Samsungs just to try it out.

This only works with an additional kext which I haven't even shared – you may remove it for now if you want.

The cleanest OSX restart kext is now available in post #3 – see attachments (ZIP file includes a 32 and 64 bit version).

Update: A new ZIP file with a combo (32/64 bit) kext is now also available!

Wow. You've been busy (again). I look forward to trying this out. Good work Master Chief ;)

The cleanest OSX restart kext is now available in post #3 �" see attachments (ZIP file includes a 32 and 64 bit version).

Update: A new ZIP file with a combo (32/64 bit) kext is now also available!

kextstat output:

120 0 0x554b2000 0x2000 0x1000 com.apple.osx.restart (1.0) <4 3>

ioreg output:

+-o OSX_Restart_Handler <class OSX_Restart_Handler, id 0x1000004b5, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 4>

{

"IOClass" = "OSX_Restart_Handler"

"IOMatchCategory" = "OSX_Restart_Handler"

"IOProbeScore" = 18446744073709550616

"IOProviderClass" = "IOPlatformExpertDevice"

"CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.osx.restart"

"IOResourceMatch" = "ACPI"

}

And no, this is not a simple renaming action, and no there is no shutdown code in it. Just a new restart handler, and yes one without kdreboot ;)

Thank you for your Great Work!

Regards

kdawg, no problem

HDEF part in DSDT

Device (HDEF) // Patched for audio.
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

// Newly added.
               OperationRegion (HDCS, PCI_Config, 0x54, 0x04) // Power Management Control/Status (ICH9R-3169722.pdf / 17.1.19 / page 664).
               Field (HDCS, DWordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
               {
                       ,   15, 
                   PMES,   1
               }

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (Package (0x02)
                   {
                       0x0D, 
                       0x06
                   })
               }

// Newly added Method.   
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x0A)
                       {
                           "built-in",
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x01
                           },

"codec-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x88, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                           },

"layout-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x78, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                           },

"device-type",
                           Buffer (0x0F)
                           {
                               "Realtek ALC888"
                           },

"PinConfigurations",
                           Buffer (0x28)
                           {
                               /* 0000 */    0x10, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x01, 0x20, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x02,
                               /* 0008 */    0x80, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01, 0x90, 0x40, 0x21, 0x02,
                               /* 0010 */    0x30, 0x40, 0x11, 0x01, 0x40, 0x40, 0x01, 0x01,
                               /* 0018 */    0x50, 0x60, 0x01, 0x01, 0x60, 0x20, 0x01, 0x01,
                               /* 0020 */    0x70, 0x61, 0x4B, 0x01, 0xA0, 0x01, 0xCB, 0x01
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

LegacyHDA.kext part

<key>CodecAddressFilterArray</key>
           <array>
               <dict>
                   <key>CodecAddressMask</key>
                   <data>
                   AQAAAA==
                   </data>
                   <key>LayoutID</key>
                   <integer>16392</integer>
                   [b]<key>PCIVendorDeviceID</key> <- [/b]Read from original AppleHDA.kext  
[b]                    <integer>282987200</integer>[/b]
               </dict>
               <dict>
                   <key>CodecAddressMask</key>
                   <data>
                   AQAAAA==
                   </data>
                   <key>LayoutID</key>
                   <integer>0</integer>
                  [b] <key>PCIVendorDeviceID</key> [/b][b]<- [/b]Read from original AppleHDA.kext  
               </dict>
           </array>

Here is my LegacyHDA.kext. Those is however only for ACL888.

LegacyHDA.kext.zip

May I be off the topic?

For using any legacy/dummy HDA.kext with 1.7.9a4 AppleHDA.kext (10.6.2)

Just remove BuiltInHDA key from info.plist of any legacy/dummy kext if having it.[/color]

Also, we don't need such LegacyHDAController.kext for Snow.

Hi parcival39

Device (HDEF) // Patched for audio.

[b] <key>PCIVendorDeviceID</key> [/b][b]<- [/b]Read from original AppleHDA.kext  

how do you determine the "PCIVendorDeviceID" (ho I can find it for my sound card ? lspci, ioreg ...)

Barnum

OSXRestart confirmed as working on my system.

Great! And is this with OS X 10.6.2? That would be even better because they seem to have changed things once again.

Thank you for the confirmation. I must admit that I was a little worried, since my kext is limited to 'fixing' restart only, no shutdown code included. Thanks again.

Great! And is this with OS X 10.6.2? That would be even better because they seem to have changed things once again.

Thank you for the confirmation. I must admit that I was a little worried, since my kext is limited to 'fixing' restart only, no shutdown code included. Thanks again.

New kext working on P5K VM 10.6.2 with v3.1 dsdt - Thanks

BTW finally got some sleep functionality including keyboard mouse sleep & wake (for some). Scheduled and auto not working yet. Also notice restart failure with any restart kext variant following a sleep. Is the Pro misbehaving the same?

New kext working on P5K VM 10.6.2 with v3.1 dsdt - Thanks

BTW finally got some sleep functionality including keyboard mouse sleep & wake (for some). Scheduled and auto not working yet. Also notice restart failure with any restart kext variant following a sleep. Is the Pro misbehaving the same?

No. Sleep works, but not auto sleep, and so does restart afterwards (I just verified it once again).

What other kexts are you using? And what boot file? I ask this because leaks can prevent sleep/shutdown et all from working. Even on a real Mac!

No. Sleep works, but not auto sleep, and so does restart afterwards (I just verified it once again).

What other kexts are you using? And what boot file? I ask this because leaks can prevent sleep/shutdown et all from working. Even on a real Mac!

Boot Loader Chameleon 2.0 RC2 r640 with netkas 10.5 boot file.

Kexts: JMicronATA, OSXreboot, VoodooMonitor, fakeSMC(oldnapalm version), PlatformUUID, Yukon2. HDA. AHCIDiskDriver

Current set up posted here: P5K VM v3.1 & Sleep solution

Boot Loader Chameleon 2.0 RC2 r640 with netkas 10.5 boot file.

Kexts: JMicronATA, OSXreboot, VoodooMonitor, fakeSMC(oldnapalm version), PlatformUUID, Yukon2. HDA. AHCIDiskDriver

Current set up posted here: P5K VM v3.1 & Sleep solution

So your PC insomnia was about a jumper. I quickly checked the P5GC-MX/1333 manual (page 1-24) because I remember getting a PM from someone with the same problem, and I was right. This might in fact help people who can't solve their PC sleep problems. That is if they have such jumper. Good catch!

And you still need PlatformUUID.kext with Chameleon?

I just ran into an issue myself where shutdown no longer worked. Removing the new Sitecom CN-516 USB Bluetooth dongle from my Apple keyboard... and then it's all ok again. Apparently another bad Sitecom firmware (HCI) problem. Or not?

Update: Shutdown works when I insert the mini USB dongle in a normal USB port.

So your PC insomnia was about a jumper. I quickly checked the P5GC-MX/1333 manual (page 1-24) because I remember getting a PM from someone with the same problem, and I was right. This might in fact help people who can't solve their PC sleep problems. That is if they have such jumper. Good catch!

And you still need PlatformUUID.kext with Chameleon?

I just ran into an issue myself where shutdown no longer worked. Removing the new Sitecom CN-516 USB Bluetooth dongle from my Apple keyboard... and then it's all ok again. Apparently another bad Sitecom firmware (HCI) problem.

Never bothered to take out platformUUID - if it ain't broke - will try taking out you never know with this game.

What boot loader you using? Maybe thats the problem!

Have the apple recommended Belkin dongle which allows wake on mouse but not the Ali keyboard for some strange reason. Not sure yet if this a 10.6.2 problem or associated with the general sleep problem. Hope I can solve the Magic mouse being delivered tomorrow.

keep up the great work.

What boot loader you using? Maybe thats the problem!

Some old boot file – not using my hack now so I'll attach it shortly.

Have the apple recommended Belkin dongle which allows wake on mouse but not the Ali keyboard for some strange reason. Not sure yet if this a 10.6.2 problem or associated with the general sleep problem. Hope I can solve the Magic mouse being delivered tomorrow.

keep up the great work.

Thanks, and what Belkin dongle is that? Link type info?

I have to wait another five days for my new mouse. Out of stock. Giving me some time to take care of that silly Bluetooth dongle issue, hopefully that is.

p.s. Can you please attach a IORegistryExplorer dump for me (looking for missing properties)?

boot.zip

Yes, that's using 10.6.2. But I only checked restart and was confirming that worked.

Only now as you've mentioned shutdown I have done some trials and have to report the OS shuts down but the machine doesn't power off. This is the same with the kernel in both 32-bit & 64-bit mode.

I am using the follow kexts in E/E

Disabler (Just AppleUpstreamUserClient for mouse lag)

fakesmc (oldnapalm version)

LegacyHDA (amended as per tmongkol's suggestion)

PlatformUUID

OSXRestart

VoodooMonitor.

My machine is running as a MacPro3,1 and if it helps I have attached my current work in progress DSDT that I am running.

Thanks

blackosx_121109_dsdt.dsl.zip

Yes, that's using 10.6.2. But I only checked restart and was confirming that worked.

Only now as you've mentioned shutdown I have done some trials and have to report the OS shuts down but the machine doesn't power off. This is the same with the kernel in both 32-bit & 64-bit mode.

Just confirming the same as @blackosx. Restart works fine but shutdown doesn't power off the machine

I am using the follow kexts in E/E

Disabler (Just AppleUpstreamUserClient for mouse lag)

fakesmc (oldnapalm version)

LegacyHDA (amended as per tmongkol's suggestion)

PlatformUUID

OSXRestart

VoodooMonitor.

My machine is running as a MacPro3,1 and if it helps I have attached my current work in progress DSDT that I am running.

Thanks

Same with me on 10.6.2

Kexts:

FakeSMC.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

NVEnabler64.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

OSXRestart.kext

Regards.

Some old boot file – not using my hack now so I'll attach it shortly.

Thanks, and what Belkin dongle is that? Link type info?

I have to wait another five days for my new mouse. Out of stock. Giving me some time to take care of that silly Bluetooth dongle issue, hopefully that is.

p.s. Can you please attach a IORegistryExplorer dump for me (looking for missing properties)?

I have Belkin DBT - 120 rev B2 (revs B2 to B4 supposed to work) , which is an apple recommended but have been reading people having problems and works for me with the Magic Mouse (You wont be disappointed when it arrives!). Trust 15542-02 has been reported working & also apple uk store now recommend these: Belkin Bluetooth Dongle

DB1_IOREG.zip

Thanks for looking into the sleep issue.

I have Belkin DBT - 120 rev B2 (B2 to B4 supposedly work) , which is an apple recommended but have been reading people having problems. Trust 15542-02 has been reported working with new mouse & also apple uk store now recommend these: Belkin Bluetooth Dongle

DB1_IOREG.zip

Thanks for looking into the sleep issue.

I guess I need one of those then. And hopefully in time for the Magic Mouses' arrival (sometime next week).

If it can help, i have an ASUS BT-21 micro dongle and it supports wake from sleep, in IOReg I noticed that it uses a Broadcom driver instead of the default Apple one:

qzrmyw_th.png

BTW: my DVD drive "died" after some days (luckily? ;) ) so I got an Optiarc AD-7241S for 19€ and it's working perfectly with both S3 sleep and that option in System Profiler. :rolleyes:

A short question: Is anyone here using iasl from post #3? If you do, or not yet, would you mind testing it for me. Thanks.

If it can help, i have an ASUS BT-21 micro dongle and it supports wake from sleep, in IOReg I noticed that it uses a Broadcom driver instead of the default Apple one:

qzrmyw_th.png

BTW: my DVD drive "died" after some days (luckily? ;) ) so I got an Optiarc AD-7241S for 19€ and it's working perfectly with both S3 sleep and that option in System Profiler. <_<

Aha. That is good news. Thanks!

A short question: Is anyone here using iasl from post #3? If you do, or not yet, would you mind testing it for me. Thanks.

Aha. That is good news. Thanks!

Is it November(11.12), or you made some changes in it?

I´m using November release version..

Regards.

My problem wasn't about waking the system by keyboard (mouse), it was about the BIOS legacy usb setting (must be disabled for S3 - but for single mode I need to enable it to have my keyboard detected). The jumper setting is correct. :unsure: