2400 PRO, can't get it working :-(

ken52787

1 post in this topic

NEVERMIND: Despite all the messing around with custom drivers, all it took was doing the standard iAtkos install, then manually adding 0x94cc31002 to the ATIRadeonX2000.kext. Pardon my ignorance, I'm new here ;)

Ok, so I've been playing around with osx86 for a few days now on my Dell Vostro 200 desktop and have everything perfect... except the video card.

The video card in question is a 2400 Pro (1002:94c3, 256MB)

Here's what I've tried and what happens:

Installed with iAtkos v7 disc, selecting ATI HD in customization when installing. This recogonizes the card and lets me select proper resolutions, but I don't have any advanced features enabled. The system profiler says QE is not supported and core image says Software.

I then found this link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107526 and upon installing the proper driver for my card, I am locked at 1024x768 and still have no acceleration.

I also found a different 2400 pro installer from a comment on natkas (not sure what it is, but the installer is all about serbians). When I install this, I get a corrupted screen after rebooting. It's all white and blocky.

At this point, I did a reformat and am using the iAtkos version so I atleast have a proper resolution, but I'd really like to have the QE/CI support. I mainly did this 0sx86 thing for video ichatting, but ichat crashes if I try to turn video on, which I'm assuming is due to the lack of support of the video drivers.

Does anyone have a direction to point me in? I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: btw, this motherboard has an Intel G33 chipset and I believe a X3100 for the graphics adapter. If no one has any ideas about the radeon, would pulling the card out and using the Intel graphics give me a better shot at full support?