ATI Mobility RADEON HD 2600 HELP

andrean

100 posts in this topic

ehy men! i've this video card too.. Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian and i'm not so much good to speak english. Do you have install the kext? are the qe/ci enabled? If someone do it can he write a guide? thanks! :)

I've got me Mob 2600 HD working GL working.

First I install the AGP Pkg as described earlier, the installed a RadeonHD kext which can be found at the link below.

Post #5

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=192997

This way works for me. I get KP sometimes but it works.

Enjoy

I've got me Mob 2600 HD working w/ QE and CI working.

First I install the AGP Pkg as described earlier, the installed a RadeonHD kext which can be found at the link below.

Post #5

This way works for me. I get KP sometimes but it works.

Enjoy

Could you post screenshots, Ioreg and kextstat please ?

Thx

i've done the thing that you write but my qe is not active and is enabled only the vga, not the internal display... ;) maybe i've wrong something. can you write a noob-guide where you say in a very easy mode what we have to do to became it working? Thank you so much! ;)

Are we to believe that these are "Internal" Screen Shots?

Or, are these "Screen Shots" from the DVI/VGA??

Yes, yes you are. I'll even take a quick video if i have too.

:)

<------ checkit

Yes, yes you are. I'll even take a quick video if i have too.

:D

<------ checkit

I guess you better update your sig.

Fully working is not without QE/CI.

Fully working means fully working, as is with QE/CI.

This is kind of disappointing.

Just post if you have an internal display with QE/CI and when you have a reproducable set of actions to make it work.

Glory will be yours :).

I guess you better update your sig.

Fully working is not without QE/CI.

Fully working means fully working, as is with QE/CI.

This is kind of disappointing.

Just post if you have an internal display with QE/CI and when you have a reproducable set of actions to make it work.

Glory will be yours :(.

Dude, It works for me. I can run 3d apps even thou it states QE disabled.

AS for the glory - couldn't care less for that {censored}. I want a working display!!!! Thats all that matters

I have reproduced it.

Step 1. install Leopard Vanilla install using Boot132 Process.

Step 2. Update to Leo 10.5.7

Step 3. install the file from the first link below, 'ATI Radeon HD 2600pro AGP 10.5.6 - 10.5.x

Step 4. Using Kext Helper b7, install the RadeonHD kext, from the second link.

Note: Steps 1-4 is done on a desktop for me. Then put the drive in the laptop.

Step 5. Remove all geforce 'kexts' repair permissions.

Step 6. Reboot.

Step 7. Pray. watch it crash on first boot.

Step 8. Power off and reboot again and enjoy.

This works for me. I GL tested it, and the frame rate didn't drop below 22fps. But it did fail OpenGL3.0 testing.

Can't win them all.

Enjoy!!!!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107526

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=60058

You can install radeonHD.kext only to get this result. ATI AGP 2600HD install pkg do not working for you,it does not have your DevId. If you add your devId in Natit or 2000 kext , you will get the trash on the screen. RadeonHD.kext can't work with Natit and 2000 kext, and you can't get qe/ci working on internal screen

Ive got the same result as you with my mobility 2600. Just install radeonHD.kext

Verma - sweet, some one is on the same page as me. I'll try just that HD kext.

I did have to install that pkg to get a display on the internal screen.

i'm still working on QE porblem, just not as fast as everyone else.

Dude, It works for me. I can run 3d apps even thou it states QE disabled.

AS for the glory - couldn't care less for that {censored}. I want a working display!!!! Thats all that matters

I have reproduced it.

Step 1. install Leopard Vanilla install using Boot132 Process.

Step 2. Update to Leo 10.5.7

Step 3. install the file from the first link below, 'ATI Radeon HD 2600pro AGP 10.5.6 - 10.5.x

Step 4. Using Kext Helper b7, install the RadeonHD kext, from the second link.

Note: Steps 1-4 is done on a desktop for me. Then put the drive in the laptop.

Step 5. Remove all geforce 'kexts' repair permissions.

Step 6. Reboot.

Step 7. Pray. watch it crash on first boot.

Step 8. Power off and reboot again and enjoy.

This works for me. I GL tested it, and the frame rate didn't drop below 22fps. But it did fail OpenGL3.0 testing.

Can't win them all.

Enjoy!!!!!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107526

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=60058

i tried but unsuccesfull.

Can you write detailed howto for "1280x800" resolution.

i tried but unsuccesfull.

Can you write detailed howto for "1280x800" resolution.

Umm that was it. Ok I will write Step by step tomorrow.

I will post when done. I will make it a new topic once I have 3-5 people test and approve it.

Sound good?

First things First!! Netkas and Dong, you guys wrote the files, so the kudos goes to the both of you!! Anyone I missed Kudos to you too!!

This setup guide is designed specifically for the Toshiba A200 Model PSAF6A-0W001N.

In saying that, this should work for other models and other brands (I hope).

Most of the Hyperlinks are still current, and I would recomend downloading the files to a USB drive before starting.

Before we begin please ensure your HDD is backed up good to go. Done you say? Good, now go ahead and wipe that bad boy for a clean slate start. (in saying this I'm making the assumtion that your much like me and have a SATA drives through all your machines)

1. First things first. Wip out the laptop HDD and plug it into a desktop, and Go ahead and load up your favorite brand of leopard. For me I used the Boot 132 Method for a Vanilla install. I bought my copy of leopard of eBay for next to nothing. I use Chameleon RC2 for my boot loader and install and patched it. So you should have a fully booting OSX desktop ATM. Good.

2. Install and updates here. MAC OSX update only. I found putting in any extra 'Kext' file before would make the who process not work to well. Also make a copy of your system folder after insalling the update. Makes it easier to get back to here than waste a few hours going back to step one.

3. I install this file ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP (link below) . Being that the LVDS inteface in Toshiba Notebooks, is actually (according to what I reserached) similar to a Mini AGP interface. Hence why this pkg works, to bring up a generic 1024x768 display at first. I would find out what type of interface your laptop has, research the similarities between the current supported interfaces and go from there.

4. From here is where I install a series of kexts for my laptop and restarted with out repairing permissions. All kext here where installed using helper B7.

5. I then install the my modified version of the 2000.kext (It's just got a but load of device Id's in it) that I edited and the RadeonHD kext and Radeon Dump file. Again reboot without repairing permissions and the screen should flicker and show the generic res of 1024x768.

6. Two ways to check success 1.go over to display properties and change res, 2. go to system profiler and check that it states Mobility Radeon HD 2600.

7 Success!! Enjoy.

I know this seems pretty bland, but it wasn't hard to do. If something doesn't make sense, pm me and I'll expand more.

I hope this works for all.

http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&u...rl.com%2F8rjqck

or

http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&u...rl.com%2F9plmhz

Sorry, I had the wrong driver pack up. I'm very sorry.

M2600HD.zip

thank you hackmymac, i will try tonight and report results.

my toshiba is A200 PSAE6E-09P03HTE

dve. id: 9581 1002

i hope will work this guide..

Side note - If you update to 10.5.8, reboot after install the last files will result in a crash. Just reboot with -x -f -v and then reboot again and all is well

Nimes - I hoping you have the same result as me - Goodluck dude

Also for the Toshiba 15.4" laptops, max res is 1280x800. just FYI

hi, this guide not work for me, ;)

i take a black screen..

can you post kexts pack?

Are you putting its Extra folder (in System after chameleon install)

can you give boot-132 iso (if modified + include additional kext)?

how to edit RadeonHD.kext (EDID ?)

your dev id?

For the Vanilla install follow this guide.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113288

It gives you all the files and the exact process of what to do.

Once that is complete proceed with my guide.

Although if you install with any other distro, and not install any graphics related packages, it should work. I cant understand why it wouldn't?

Even delete all the ATI related files from the Extensions folder. repair permissions and go from there. It should work.

The guide I wrote is from exactly what it did. I also have had it working from removing all sorts of file and having all sorts of packages installed prior to it.

I will load all the files from that little zip.

ATIRadeonX2000.kext.zip

AppleACPIEC.kext.zip

RadeonHD.zip

Natit.kext.zip

Natit.kext.zip

hi, dude

My installation method (under the leadership of your installation):

** extra step **

created bootlable usb leopard 10.5.6. (via disk utility)

1. boot-132 boot from cd

2. USB installation. During installation, the "customize" option, press the following list and uncheck all I did (printers, fonts ...).

3. installation is over. I re-boot from boot 132. darwin boot screen, I selected USB. -v-x command, I continued with the installation. (video card drivers are not installed, I opened in safe mode)

4. selecting a keyboard, user name etc.. I passed the stages. I reached to the desktop.

5. installed rc2 bootlader'i chameleon. boot-132 cd's extra kexts (within initrd) leopard installed onto hardware in the extra folder. (the system can be opened, and you do not need to boot-132 CD)

6. reboot and booted up with leopard installed harddisk (via command-v-x)

7. I came back to the desktop.

8. I install this file ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP, and restart (to restart forced by the installer).

9. Re-booted (-v-x).

10. I then install the my modified version of the Radeon 2000.kext and the RadeonHD kext and Dump file.

11. permission repair an reboot

12. valaaaa: black screen

:D:)

more carefully, I will try again today. Thank you very much, dude

hi, dude

My installation method (under the leadership of your installation):

** extra step **

created bootlable usb leopard 10.5.6. (via disk utility)

1. boot-132 boot from cd

2. USB installation. During installation, the "customize" option, press the following list and uncheck all I did (printers, fonts ...).

3. installation is over. I re-boot from boot 132. darwin boot screen, I selected USB. -v-x command, I continued with the installation. (video card drivers are not installed, I opened in safe mode)

4. selecting a keyboard, user name etc.. I passed the stages. I reached to the desktop.

5. installed rc2 bootlader'i chameleon. boot-132 cd's extra kexts (within initrd) leopard installed onto hardware in the extra folder. (the system can be opened, and you do not need to boot-132 CD)

6. reboot and booted up with leopard installed harddisk (via command-v-x)

7. I came back to the desktop.

8. I install this file ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP, and restart (to restart forced by the installer).

9. Re-booted (-v-x).

10. I then install the my modified version of the Radeon 2000.kext and the RadeonHD kext and Dump file.

11. permission repair an reboot

12. valaaaa: black screen

:):)

more carefully, I will try again today. Thank you very much, dude

So by that I assume it worked yes?