Snow Leopard on HP 6720s

smilenkovski

166 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I was out for a while but after reading these two threads I'm very happy with the overall progress.

Now after blackch made an install Boot CD it is much easier to install SL on HP 550, 6720s... Things are going fast also in dsdt area because juanerson made an dsdt with all the knowledge about these laptop with all known fixes so, now we have a very reliable hackbook instead.

Thank you guys for all your hard work (blackch abd juanerson) and (dakku and jushir) on testing and helping these threads.

Hmmm, i couldnt find DSDT.aml and remove applehdaenabler.kext

what iam missing...

im using a LeoHazzard SL 10.6.2

Can you recomend me a Iso Version?

Try snow leopard retail... follow the guide on the first page of this topic

Thank you guys for all your hard work (blackch abd juanerson) and (dakku and jushir) on testing and helping these threads.

Great job guys!!!

• 2 months later...

now i finnaly have a full working laptopp wit sl

but there is one little thing that is annoying me,

everytime i wake the laptop up after sleep, i must go into the system setups tor configure airport new also when i rastart it,

i mean it dosent connect automatically

is there a fix out there?

ive got 10.6.4 running

now i finnaly have a full working laptopp wit sl

but there is one little thing that is annoying me,

everytime i wake the laptop up after sleep, i must go into the system setups tor configure airport new also when i rastart it,

i mean it dosent connect automatically

is there a fix out there?

ive got 10.6.4 running

Hi, we need yours specs for help you. Which laptop? Which WIFI? etc. And the method you followed, I mean if was retail installation or other variant?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hey sry but push

Please wait tomorrow I will post my "standard DSDT update 1" jejeje or something like that, I will test my new Broadcom 4311 mini-pci card. But two questions for attempt to help you, Are you sure your card its vanilla or you apply the ID patch?... So, because you said "41xx i think" and that not help to much, I need to know the "right exact model" you have. Maybe your problem is a simple bad Airport Profile network configuration? Good Luck.

EDIT: I can confirm positive automatic re-connections after restart y/o sleep (wake), I meant, any problems with Airport... absolutely none... tested with native broadcom 4312. Please use my last DSDT for testing... and follow the instructions there.

@SMILENKOVSKI, my friend I hope you will take a look too.

how culd i install or change the dsdt?

i googeld for it but didnt found anything i understood

i think ive got an 4311 card i mean the system profiler says it

Sorry, Im very busy right now... Please ask there, many people can explain you... the other thread is the right way. Not here.

• 2 months later...

Hello all, thanks alot for this guide. I'm using a HP 6720 & I think I'm @ the right place to get some help on installing SL. I'm new to mac environment so forgive me for asking these easy questions. sad.gif

----------

my current environment ->

HP 6720 running iDeneb 10.5.7

a spare HDD that i can plug to laptop which im setting up SL.

SL DVD & ISO (10.6.3)

----------

I'm stuck @ step 3 as I'm not sure where to copy which file.

Step 3 it says ;

Install chameleon 2 RC3 on the Snow disk (be careful about installation destination)

EDITED

Download this pack Thanks to blackch

In Extra folder copy dsdt.aml file found here

(Thanks to Blackch and grpince for fixing dsdt.aml file)

copy the rest of the files to the appropriate folders

Now we need mkextMaker v2.2 utilitygrey_loader.gif from here

Drag Extensions folder from Snow HDD on mkextMaker icon and mkext maker will make extensions.mkext in you Extra folder.

Remove the IOATAFamily.kext from /Snow/System/Library/Extensions and replace it with the file you'll find in the SL pack

(it's Leo 10.5.8 Version)

1. Install chameleon 2 rc3 -> done

2. For the operations in Extra folder contents

Extensions - Copied it to SNOW drive System\Library\Extensions folder

~Boot.plist - Copied to Snow drive Library\Preferences\System Configuration folder & Extra folder

dsdt.aml - Copied to Extra Folder in SNOW drive

smbios.plist - Copied to Extra Folder in SNOW drive

Themes folder, voodoohdahelper, helper.sh, Extensions.mkext - I couldnt find where to copy or replace in SNOW drive. Can someone please tell me where I can put these files.

---------------

I ran the mkext utility & drag dropped the Extensions folder in System\Library\ & finally it said "sorry could not create extensions.mkext"

Also the step 3 final stage -> Replace the IOATAFamily.kext its not clear from where to get the file as it says "you'll find in the SL pack" is it from the SL dvd or from the existing laptop which has 10.5.8 . Because im not sure I replaced it with a file I found on 10.5.7 iDeneb running on 6720.

----------------

How ever finally when i plugged back the Snow drive to 6720 & booted from it, the booting stopped @ a screen where it asked for me to plug keyboard. ( i believe the ps2 mouse & k/b in laptop are not recognized, how wil I fix this ? )

If someone can offer me help on places i encountered problems i'd be very grateful.

Thanks alot

Cheers,

Hey guys im new here unfortunitly i am haveing a very big problem i have the hp 530 notebook i installed and ran leopard fine but i wanted snow leopard i have the celeron m possessor and iatkos s3 v2 installs fine but at boot with no bootflags it sits at apple logo on first boot and with either or both -v -x it gose thru a list of text and just infinit loop of restarting after that can anyone help me? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...