Snow Leopard on HP 6720s

smilenkovski

166 posts in this topic

Dsdt.aml file is very important table of information about your hardware considered by OS (SL) when installing for the first time and rechecked on every single booting, I think. So, you have more chance to boot without dsdt, if any, than with wrong dsdt.aml file. Patching process is not complicated. At least you can ask blackch to explain you the whole issue. Check his thread.

The main problem i am having is that the program is not able to find some files.

This is what i did...Downloaded my Current bios form HP site added it to the program selected the location for the .aml selected me hardware and etc.....Then i get a black windows and after 20 min nothing happens

The main problem i am having is that the program is not able to find some files.

This is what i did...Downloaded my Current bios form HP site added it to the program selected the location for the .aml selected me hardware and etc.....Then i get a black windows and after 20 min nothing happens

XP or windows 7?

OMG i didnt know that lol......anyway i gave it a shot and its was a major fail right after the Cham menu i get a white screen and then some error and the reboot sign........What to do???

I think ill work my way up from Leopard...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
all features are working for me in 10.6.2, except waking up (display), brightness adjusting and incorrect percents/time in voodoo battery.

any suggestions?

I don't know what method of installation you are using and what kexts you've installed. Sleep and brightness should work. About the percentage of voodoobatery ... you can use other solutions (commercial one) but this is not a place to talk about it.

Quote info-lcc

sorry but i cant complete your Manual to get snow installed, maybe its because i have only leopard 10.5.4 on my desktop computer

step 1 is going without problems,

step 2 doesnt go like this because i habe an external hdd with the sl image on it , but with my sl boot disc i can install on the laptop hdd via boot.

step3 i think im to silly to get chameleon 2 rc 3 installed without a pkg but with the pkg from here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184766 it goes.

which things in the downloadable folder come o where?

where did i take the extra folder to?

the mkext tool says only„Packing new "Extensions.mkext" ...

Sorry, could not create "Extensions.mkext"

step 4 when i put the hdd back to the laptop theres the picture like its waiting for an cd but it dont go farther.

when i took my snow leo boot cd in to start the system there comes :

you had to restart your computer

maybe you culd help me mfg

ill hope it XD

I should update the guide but I have no time and my daughter is using my HP, but I will soon as possible.

So, you can download newer version of Chameleon RC4 instaler here

Then dwonload all my files from extra folder from here.

And follow the procedure for the rest.

Report any further problems.

installed cham rc4

replaced extra folder with yours.

sleep... hmm when i trying to go to sleep just screen is darkening and thans all. nothing happens.

brightness button weren' work.

thank you for advices, what information have i to give to solve this unpleasing issue?

btw. i added "<parameters>idlehalt=0</parameters>" to your com.apple.Boot.plist and my laptop became a bit cooler.

installed cham rc4

replaced extra folder with yours.

sleep... hmm when i trying to go to sleep just screen is darkening and thans all. nothing happens.

brightness button weren' work.

thank you for advices, what information have i to give to solve this unpleasing issue?

There is one italian thread on HP 6720s, I think that they have some solution about brightness buttons, but, I don't understand Italian language. If you understand, please tell us what is going on.

btw. i added "idlehalt=0" to your com.apple.Boot.plist and my laptop became a bit cooler.

idlehalt=0 eliminates stuttering or idle time in cpus, and make to work the cpu at full load (100% all the time), that eliminates any possibility of speedstep in laptops, which does not have sense.

idlehalt=0 eliminates stuttering or idle time in cpus, and make to work the cpu at full load (100% all the time), that eliminates any possibility of speedstep in laptops, which does not have sense.

It shouldon't be cooler with idlehalt=0. Quite opposite.

There is one italian thread on HP 6720s, I think that they have some solution about brightness buttons, but, I don't understand Italian language. If you understand, please tell us what is going on.

suddenly, i don't understand italian.

and one thing in addition - using your "extra" folder give me half-dimmed display while working on batteries.

plz, any thoughts wil be welcome and highly appreciated

thank U guys for your advises.

suddenly, i don't understand italian.

and one thing in addition - using your "extra" folder give me half-dimmed display while working on batteries.

plz, any thoughts wil be welcome and highly appreciated

thank U guys for your advises.

Half dimmed screen is an old issue and I don't relevant solution.