How to get PNY 9800 GTX+ Working in Snow Leopard

GadgetGuru

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have successfully installed Snow on my P5Q-EM board (per the instructions I found here - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184886).

I have a PNY XLR8 9800 GTX+ graphics card and need to know what I have to do to get this card working properly.  Currently, I only see a resolution of 1024x768 and want all to leverage all the graphics capabilities of this card.  Can someone please share the most operational method of getting this working with me?

Thanks much,

-Ken

Okay, but I thought I couldn't use OSX86Tools in Snow Leopard.  Am I wrong?

Thanks again,

-Ken

OSXTOOLS is what you use to create an EFI string and import it to your plist automatically.

If you do not see your card listed create a custom card based on the card you are running and import it to your plist.

Okay, I am a n00b!  I got it to work on Snow Leopard as a 9800 GTX (not GTX+ as its not listed).

THANK YOU!

Okay, but I thought I couldn't use OSX86Tools in Snow Leopard.  Am I wrong?

Thanks again,

-Ken

• 2 weeks later...

I have 9800GTX+ working in snow leopard with 1600x1200x32 settings using the EFI string for the 9800GTX(no plus) in os86x tools by pcwiz. However, there is no CI/QE :( Does anyone know what I have to do to get that working? (My card is not PNY, it is Palit, but i assume the instructions will be the same?)

• 1 month later...