DWL-G122 C1 not working on 10.6.1?

nu1mlock

11 posts in this topic

Hello!

I went out and bought a DWL-G122 C1 today in order to get rid of the ethernet cable. The cable was going straight through the appartment (about 15m) and my wife didn't like it.

The USB adapter I bought had a Mac OS X sticker on it, so I thought it would work. I also made a quick search on google and found that the adapter would work under OS X.

However, it doesn't seem to work with OS X 1.6.1. It shows up under "Hardware/USB", but I can't use it. It doesn't show up in Network settings or the Utility that comes with the drivers.

I've tried both the official from the CD that came with the adapter, the latest driver from D-Link and also the chipset driver from Ralink. None of them seem to work.

Have anyone gotten DWL-G122 to work under Snow Leopard? If so, how did you manage to do it and what drivers did you install?

Thank you!

nu1mlock

I have it working but only on 32 bit SL, 64bit is no go yet since theres no 64bit kext

Used ralink driver opened 10.5 verision with pacifist - extracted kext and apps, dropped kext on kext helper, rebooted in to 32 bit mode, after loading ran first ralinkwakeup (or smilir name dont remember) then ralink wireless utility.

I have it working but only on 32 bit SL, 64bit is no go yet since theres no 64bit kext

Used ralink driver opened 10.5 verision with pacifist - extracted kext and apps, dropped kext on kext helper, rebooted in to 32 bit mode, after loading ran first ralinkwakeup (or smilir name dont remember) then ralink wireless utility.

Hello,

I have this card to and I found this topic because my card dosn't work too.

Can you explain me how set SL in 32bits mode please??

And that driver have you used?? Because I used last ralink driver and it dosn't work?

Thanks a lot.

Bye

PS : Sorry for my poor english

boot with -x32 flag (this is for netkas pcefi 10.1 boot, for chameleon its arch=368 or similar dont remember - just look around the forum), get osx USB(RT257x/RT2671) driver from ralink support site, open dmg, go to 10.5 folder, open installer with pacifist put out rt73.kext (im at work dont remember the exact name), drop the kext on kext helper. Rest is in my prev post.

DO ALL THESE IN 32BIT MODE

After all that in 32 bit mode i have inet via my wifi dongle, in 64bit SL works but without wifi, no KPs.

My mobo is Rampage formula (intel x48 chipset).

EDIT: One more thing - Its only for C1 version of the usb dongle, prev veriosn have diff chipset, rt2500 prolly.

EDIT2: just got email from ralink about SL drivers

The drivers have been developed and are currently being tested by our QA team. Please check back on the website in 3 or 4 weeks.

:censored2:

• 1 month later...
boot with -x32 flag (this is for netkas pcefi 10.1 boot, for chameleon its arch=368 or similar dont remember - just look around the forum), get osx USB(RT257x/RT2671) driver from ralink support site, open dmg, go to 10.5 folder, open installer with pacifist put out rt73.kext (im at work dont remember the exact name), drop the kext on kext helper. Rest is in my prev post.

DO ALL THESE IN 32BIT MODE

After all that in 32 bit mode i have inet via my wifi dongle, in 64bit SL works but without wifi, no KPs.

My mobo is Rampage formula (intel x48 chipset).

EDIT: One more thing - Its only for C1 version of the usb dongle, prev veriosn have diff chipset, rt2500 prolly.

EDIT2: just got email from ralink about SL drivers

:D

Thanks for sharing!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Cheers Tamau, new driver works perfect in SL x64

RT71W_Ralink_SnowLeopard.pkg.zip

Thanks guys. The drivers you've uploaded do work nicely on my HP Mini 110 + Snow Leopard + D-Link DWL-G122 c1.

However I'm not sure which of the downloads on http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3 contain the RT71 Snow Leopard zip you've attached?

RTUSB D71w-1.3.0.0_UI-3.0.0.0_2010_04_13.dmg there is a DMG with 10.3 - 10.5 only. However it looks like the right one (from the 71 in the name).

RTUSB D2870-3.0.0.0 UI-3.0.0.0_2010_05_12.dmg there has a USBWireless-SnowLeopard.pkg file in it, but there's no indication that it's actually the right item, and the filename doesn't match the one you've uploaded.

Can you clarify?

• 3 months later...

Thank you for this driver!

Can anybody describe how to configure it?

I have installed with the GUI-Tool, restarted, but in the Ralink Wireless Utility I get the message "No Device!"

The Stick appears under USB in the System Profiler.

Any idea please?

I have a Compaq Mini PC 110 with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 & the D-Link DWL-G122 C1

Thank you very much!

Thanks guys. The drivers you've uploaded do work nicely on my HP Mini 110 + Snow Leopard + D-Link DWL-G122 c1.

However I'm not sure which of the downloads on http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3 contain the RT71 Snow Leopard zip you've attached?

RTUSB D71w-1.3.0.0_UI-3.0.0.0_2010_04_13.dmg there is a DMG with 10.3 - 10.5 only. However it looks like the right one (from the 71 in the name).

RTUSB D2870-3.0.0.0 UI-3.0.0.0_2010_05_12.dmg there has a USBWireless-SnowLeopard.pkg file in it, but there's no indication that it's actually the right item, and the filename doesn't match the one you've uploaded.

Can you clarify?