Need advice for EP45-UD3P, GTx 260, Snow leopard installation

builder

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I desperately need some help and would some kind expert/soul/person please help me!!!!! Or can anyone direct me to any email or forum or anywhere to ask for help?

Ok here's my stats first.

intel core 2 quad 2.83 ghz 9550

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Mainboard

XTREEM Dark DDR1066 (2X2GB) DDR2

Western digital 1TB Green SATA2 HDD

EVGA 896 MB GTX 260 SC PCI-E

+ some Extra LAN Card

I have been religiously trying to build a hackintosh with snow leopard from the lifehacker guide. See http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow...acking-required

Anyway, I have come to the point where I have gotten to the installation screen, partitioned the hard drive, installed snow leopard and then restarted the whole system. That's where the problem came in. It is now stuck at verifying DMI pool data. Some kind soul told me that it is a bios problem and I have attached screenshots of my bios for verification. (all very small file size) Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong. It seemed like I almost finished and just a hurdle to overcome. I have never done this before and will be willing to read any step by step guide. Please direct me to more places where i can get help if u know any.

A million thank yous to any who can help me solve this. Thanks

post-491114-1253718898_thumb.jpg

post-491114-1253718537_thumb.jpg

post-491114-1253718950_thumb.jpg

post-491114-1253718967_thumb.jpg

post-491114-1253718590_thumb.jpg

post-491114-1253718609_thumb.jpg

post-491114-1253719085_thumb.jpg

post-491114-1253719104_thumb.jpg

post-491114-1253718735_thumb.jpg

post-491114-1253718759_thumb.jpg

post-491114-1253718799_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I desperately need some help and would some kind expert/soul/person please help me!!!!! Or can anyone direct me to any email or forum or anywhere to ask for help?

You tried disabling the floppy drive? I also don't have the serial or parallel ports enabled. The LH method should work for you. What brand USB flash drive do you have?

Also, the onboard lan with the UD3P using the LH method worked fine for me, try removing your lan card.

cheers

Hi,

I have just disabled the serial, parallel ports and floppy and it doesn't work :(

still stuck at the verifying pool data with no success.

The onboard lan may work but that is the least of my worries for now.

Any more advice? Thanks for the help tho, really appreciate it.

I was just wondering if it is not so much a bios problem but a incompatible item. I was just comparing with specs online and some people do have my specs but not totally. Sigh. Any thoughts / advice anyone?

I'd rather you post this inside my thread than PM me (so others can find it easier), but I had this problem ages ago with Leopard. All I had to do was make sure that IDE was set to AHCI, and the JMicron IDE Controller was set to AHCI Mode.

I'd rather you post this inside my thread than PM me (so others can find it easier), but I had this problem ages ago with Leopard. All I had to do was make sure that IDE was set to AHCI, and the JMicron IDE Controller was set to AHCI Mode.

IDE you mean, onbard sata/ide ctrl mode, if that is the case then i have changed it to AHCI. I can't find out where the Jmicron IDE controller is at under my bios. Sorry a newbie, so i haven't changed that. I restarted it and it still doesn't read from my hard drive when selected as to boot from there.

ok here's the thing. I've tried installing the snow leopard and when it asks me to restart I actually come back to the actual installation screen again, according to lifehacker that shouldn't happen. So I tweaked my bios to boot from my hard drive and now encountering the verifying DMI pool data error. Can anyone please help me solve it, which part of my bios am i doing wrong?

IDE you mean, onbard sata/ide ctrl mode, if that is the case then i have changed it to AHCI. I can't find out where the Jmicron IDE controller is at under my bios. Sorry a newbie, so i haven't changed that. I restarted it and it still doesn't read from my hard drive when selected as to boot from there.

ok here's the thing. I've tried installing the snow leopard and when it asks me to restart I actually come back to the actual installation screen again, according to lifehacker that shouldn't happen. So I tweaked my bios to boot from my hard drive and now encountering the verifying DMI pool data error. Can anyone please help me solve it, which part of my bios am i doing wrong?

When you reboot you after the install you should see a boot screen before it boots to the dvd. Kind of like a backwards progress bar, are you not seeing that?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same "Verifying DMI Pool Data........" problem. It completes it when I'm booting to the USB drive. Mac OS 10.6 installs fine. When I restart and remove the USB drive it hangs. I double checked that the BIOS is set to boot to the hard drive.

I have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same "Verifying DMI Pool Data........" problem. It completes it when I'm booting to the USB drive. Mac OS 10.6 installs fine. When I restart and remove the USB drive it hangs. I double checked that the BIOS is set to boot to the hard drive.

I have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R.

you must keep the usb thumb drive inserted and still make your 1st boot the flash drive. once you do that it should go on into the part where the backwards progress bar is and also a list of other hdd installed in your hack. after install setup go to lifehackers site and download the magic package and install on your hdd running SL and reboot without flash drive everything should be fine enjoy your new hack.

i have a prob my dvd drive is not recognized can anyone help

and to the builder dude you should disable one of your lans in your bios

• 5 months later...

I also need help

I have done what the lifehacker tutorial said but i am stuck on the boot part.

I formatted a 8GB A-Data C803 Classic Series Flash Drive. I set up the bios and everything and it boots from the flash but it doesn't load anything else. It like the black screen of death

My Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA31M-ES2L what should i do

• 1 month later...
I also need help

I have done what the lifehacker tutorial said but i am stuck on the boot part.

I formatted a 8GB A-Data C803 Classic Series Flash Drive. I set up the bios and everything and it boots from the flash but it doesn't load anything else. It like the black screen of death

My Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA31M-ES2L what should i do

Hi Builder. Hope this should solve the problem.

1] Try setting your CPU Clock Ratio to Auto or to the Maximum of it's value so that it matches the Default Clock Speed.

Meaning if it is C2D 2.93 GHz, making it 11 x 266MHz FSB. Hence, then Keep the Ratio Multiplier @ 11.

2] Try keeping all Voltages settings to manual. BY referring the CPU box.

3] If you are not using floppy drives or other redundant older devices like Serial and Parallel port, please Disable them in the BIOS, immediately.

4] Disable Virtualization Technology! Immediately!

5] If you have HPET Mode = 64 bit, then set it to 64 Bit.

6] Disable CPU Smart FAN Control, and CPU Smart FAN Mode, First!

7] Next, As probably you've prepared the Bootable USB drive using an existing SnowLeo Install on a machine, or from a Leopard Install.

You need to put in the PLatformUUID.kext on the USB Drive in /Extra/Extensions/.

Before dropping it in, Check the USB Boot Drive's UUID using DiskUtil.

Copy the big key from there and paste it in the Info.plist in the PlatformUUID.kext.

8] Then when you do boot from the USB Drive, SL Should boot without any problems!

9] Proceed with the Setup. And do all the necessary steps exactly before making the final reboot.

10] Enjoy Snow Leopard Bliss!

Lastly, I've setup Snow Leopard on my PC using several methods. What you are encountering is a problem I'd faced when installing modified BlackCH's Leopard Distro.

The problem is that the boot loader is not written on to you boot hard drive.

As well as a copy of the PlatformUUID.kext, which should have the new UUID of the hard disk you want to boot Snow Leopard from.

If you want a successful install, read through this guide. It's not for your motherboard. But it will get you there.

This guide.

OR this one:

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :thumbsup_anim: