Half Display Problem with X3100 and 10.5.7

teufel2k

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

sorry for doubleposting, but I think here you can better help me!

After installing iatkos v7 and leaving the x3100 Drivers from 10.5.7 i have my external Monitor working (ok I have to go to sleep first with FN+ESC but its working)

But my internal Monitor of my D630 still makes problems. It fills only the half display, it is streched und quite ughly quality.

Example: img0169vp.th.jpg

What can I do to make it working?

Thanks for your help,

teufel2k

Hi,

Try this:

- Leave the Vanilla kexts for x3100 in place (but remove the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext)

- Remove all the kexts for gma 950

- use pacifist to extract the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext from the Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 package and copy ONLY this to /System/Library/Extensions/ folder (alternatively, just install the whole Graphics Update 1.0 package, but make sure you remove the gma 950 kexts before you reboot)

- rebuild your kext cache and restart the system, it should come up on the internal LCD at full resolution (1680 x 1050 for me)

- don't delete the default AppleIntelIntergratedFrameBuffer kext

Let's know if it works.

You can also check out my SL installation notes (for HP Compaq 6710b) at http://www.itayemi.com/blog/2009/09/21/ins...p-compaq-6710b/

I am currently trying to see if a fixed DSDT may help my sleep problem.

Thanx for your help omegax,

I did everything you wrote and the problem is the same! :-/

But I have a further question:

I downloaded the Leo Graphics Update from the Apple Server http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...csupdate10.html

but thats for 10.5.2 and I installed 10.5.7 as I wrote. Isn't the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext of 10.5.7 better than that one from the update?

Perhaps you can give me more Tipps!

Greets,

teufel2k

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but maybe there are some new ideas out there. I'm not so sure this is just an issue with 10.5.7, I have been getting this problem since iAtkos 10.5.5 and have updated via Apple Software Update to 10.5.6 and 10.5.7 trying every single technique that I could along the way to get this Intel x3100 2a02 rev3 graphics card to work.

I am very close to giving up, because nothing works. The OS shows that the resolutions, including native resolution are fully functional, but for some reason, only half of the screen shows up, and everything is stretched and zoomed in.

If anyone has any further ideas, or if you were able to find a fix for this, please let me know.

Offhand, it looks like your X3100 drivers are working fine. The problem is with the display. Most likely it's not picking up your EDID, so isn't showing properly. Try installing Switch ResX and see if it shows a proper EDID. At worst, you might need to use flame's DSDT patch with a Display Override, like I'm doing.