Hangs on booting... Sometimes?

BLARGiAMdEAD

1 post in this topic

I just built a shiny new Core i7 rig a couple weeks ago, and I just recently made it into my first real Hackintosh (before I had hackintoshed a Dell Mini 9, which doesn't really count). So it's running Snow Leopard 10.6.0 w/ graphics, sound, ethernet, and webcam, as well as dual-booting with Windows Vista. However, about 2/3 of the times I boot it, the boot hangs. When I boot with -v, it hangs at various instructions, usually at "Waiting for DSMOS" or "ERROR: Firewire couldn't find the security settings. Defaulting to full-secure" or some such. If you leave it like that for a couple of hours, it will eventually get to the login screen, but it is so sluggish that it is impossible to use. Also, no matter what it takes a long time to turn on. My specs:

Asus P6T mobo (non-deluxe)

Core i7 920 @2.66GHz

6GB OCZ ddr3 ram @1600MHz

nVidia GeForce 9800 GT

Please help. Thanks!

Oh, and when I was installing Chameleon it said it installed with "some errors". I'm not sure what they were, it didn't say. Also, if I did anything stupidly, it's my first hackintosh install where everything was not like already done for me, so don't blame me.