DBT-122 bluetooth dongle in Snow Leopard

brodskive

8 posts in this topic

I installed Snow Leopard to one of my extra partitions today. Got it working using a boot cd and a retail copy of 10.6. From before I have a 10.5.6 partition where the D-Link DBT-122 bluetooth dongle has been more or less fully working (some minor sleep issues), but in 10.6 (and 10.6.1) I can't get it to find any other bluetooth devices. As I have a BT Apple Alu keyboard that I use all the time, this is really irritating..

The drivers seem to work, as the dongle is detected and I am able to search for devices, but it doesn't return any results and no other machines can find the DBT-122 machine.. At boot the menu bar seems to be hanging for a while trying to configure bluetooth and sometimes the dongle is dead until i plug it out and in again, it is also often slow, but this seems to be issues I have to live with (the same happens in leopard)..

So my question is: does anyone have this BT adapter working in Snow Leopard (10.6 or 10.6.1)? If so, how did you do it? Does it pair up with the Alu keyboard?

Brodskive

• 2 weeks later...

Today I tried the bluetooth adapter again and suddenly everything is WORKING!!

The bluetooth was recognized as a Broadcom BCM2035 chip and I could add my keyboard with ease.. I didn't change any settings or anything just plugged in the USB-dongle and the system recognized it right away! As I have been reading on Apple discussions that there are issues with bluetooth drivers and other people not getting this dongle to work I was really surprised, but happy :) (it seems almost as if Apple updated the bluetooth drivers in the background..)

Will do some more testing later on to see how it handles sleep and restart (have had some trouble with this earlier..)!

I've got an issue even here. But I had no luck as you had.

When I plug it in, something strange happens, a window appears with this:

post-303759-1254474733_thumb.png

Beside this, there's nothing in network preferences and bluetooth can't reach anything, BT logo near clock is barred.

I read on apple discussion that this could be related with SMC (==> fakesmc??), but I don't really know a way to solve this.

Mine is not a DBT-122, at all, but I think the problem is not related with a specific model.

. . . how interesting.

Am using the dbt-120 revb4 [ie the olde-worlde genuine Apple-firmware one] attached to a Zotac ION-ITX & by Bluetooth magic communicating with an Apple wireless k/b & [ghastly - when O when will they replace the thing with something that works properly without being cleaned every ten days] 'mighty mouse' - & had thought the few weirdnesses I had encountered were motherboard-specific . . .

. . but they seem to be about identical to those described above: I had the phantom-network malarkey for a while, & there is a hang on shutdown [i cannot shutdown] that may well be bluetooth-centred - or mebbe USB; but the dbt-120 is mentioned in the last messages from console.

I have a couple of other USB bluetooth adapters & may try them out over the next few days.

Yes, I am using 'fakesmc.kext' - v2.

UPDATE: the DBT-122 stopped working the first time I put the machine to sleep.. I since haven't gotten it to work properly, the machine recognizes the hardware if I reconnect but the bluetooth pane just hangs when I try to set up or connect to a device.. Therefore I gave it up and went and bought a cheap mini bluetooth adapter (actually stating that it supports osx), and now everything is smoooth (including sleep) :( The chip in this is a Cambridge Silicon Radio..

marionez: I had the same dialoge, but just ignored it! but the bluetooth pane popped up once I plugged in my dongle..

So mine from linux is:

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0a5c:200a Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth dongle

Device Descriptor:

bLength 18

bDescriptorType 1

bcdUSB 1.10

bDeviceClass 224 Wireless

bDeviceSubClass 1 Radio Frequency

bDeviceProtocol 1 Bluetooth

bMaxPacketSize0 64

idVendor 0x0a5c Broadcom Corp.

idProduct 0x200a Bluetooth dongle

bcdDevice 0.01

iManufacturer 1 Broadcom

iProduct 2 BCM92035DGROM

Brodskive I've got that window but pane for me doesn't appear, it's barred...

• 8 months later...