Migration [MBP->Hackintosh]

platinum001

4 posts in this topic

sure! i don't see a reason why not.... give it a try and reply back will you?

Well I read in some distros that people are getting kernel panics, which clearly isn't great. But, on the other hand, I have a feeling that if I used the same distribution as LifeHacker used ( http://lifehacker.com/5351485/how-to-build...start-to-finish ), then it would probably work.

Some distros seem to just work a hell of a lot better than others - is that right?

i'm now running 10.5.6 vanilla and this is by far the best solution for me. since i can work with the computer for days and at night i just put it in sleep and in the morning it wakes up happily! even my recent clone of my drive to another worked so i start to believe that there is no difference between my computer and a real mac pro. i use the mac as my main workstation for audio production with logic, video production with cinema4d and after effects and vj stuff with modul8. i don't wanna boast how great my system is, I'm really more surprised it works so well. the amd i had before this machine didn't work quite as well with random crashes and such... if you use a vanilla snow leopard install i'm pretty sure the migration will work!