What would apple do?

16 posts in this topic

I think they want us to use it because, in certain way, we're testing it and probing if there are flaws, and getting a bigger audience for they OS for free, you know FREE publicity is always good for anybody. :P

This site has been 'found' and served with DMCA notifications and we are still here - Apple can't prevent us sharing information about Mac OS - we will continue to tow the legal line and remain online because of it.

The Mac OS X End User License Agreement (EULA), that thing you click 'I Agree" to at the start of installation, states that you may only run Mac OS X on Apple computers. Even if you bought a copy of Mac OS X from a retail store and installed a patched version on your PC you are still violating the EULA and therefore breaking the law. Although it is perhaps a more morally defensible action than simply downloading and installing it - but that's another topic.

If you want to make it the less ilegally possible: Buy a mac, and outside of the US, patch the DVD, and install OS X on your generic x86. That way you only break the license agreement.

Not that iThink that people would actually travel outside of their country to avoid the DMCA, but if you live outside the US you don't have this problem.

OK, we can discuss anything related to the Mac OS, regardless of processor architecture or whether/not it is supported by Apple. That part is fine. The following aren't allowed:

1. Posting hacked copies of OS X.

2. Posting links to hacked copies of OS X, programs specifically designed to hack OS X, OR links that are a "how to crack OS X"

3. Posting any Apple copyrighted material (i.e. repair guides)

4. Posting shareware/commercial product activation codes

5. Posting links to clearinghouse sites for product codes.

6. Posting hacked versions of those kinds of products for intended downloading.

Did I get everything?